The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Love Hina collection on MVM's DotW.

Now I'm not sure if this is a series I'll enjoy or not; I've heard a hell of a lot of mixed feedback, ranging from it's so distinctly average it's beyond generic, to it actually being quite good, and part of the reason it seems generic is because so much is copied.

As it was £10, and I'm planning to have a drama season soon, including the likes of Maison Ikkoku and Toradora, I thought this seemed like perfect fodder to form my own opinion, and if I truly dislike it, I can throw it onto Ebay/second hand and probably make most of the whole £10 back.

I am a becoming a bit skint for the rest of the month at this stage now though, so I may well have to hold back to the next few DotW unless they're absolutely unmissable.

not today but in the last few days.

Bleach The Movie 1: Memories Of Nobody
Bleach The Movie 2: The Diamond Dust Rebellion
Naruto Shippuden: The Movie
High School Of The Dead

The first two bleach movies i bought two days ago in play.com and they were around 4eur each and now they are 12€. Its insane such old movies at this price. I suppose it might be related with the third movie that is almost coming out in the uk...

I just pre-ordered Swallowing the Earth by Osamu Tezuka. No release date but I am hoping the fact that it suddenly IS available for pre-order is a good sign. :/ Been hunting for it for ages.

bought the following from planetaxel.com

Twelve Kingdoms - A Great Distance In The Wind The Sky At Dawn (BD)
Twelve Kingdoms - Sea Of The Wind The Shore Of The Maze (BD)
Twelve Kingdoms - Shadow Of The Moon Sea Of Shadow (BD)

Finally, I can get rid of my DVDs :D

and Tweeny Witches - True Book Of Spells <--- I was thinking about getting the newer complete collection, but MB has the habit of using stack DVD boxes on their cheaper releases and I really hate those, that's why I picked the more expensive box (Hope, its not out of print).

I'am gonna suggest something here and i know that it might take some work to do it but i think it would be nice. The things is, anytime someone buys something, either new or old, it would be nice for us to see a picture from the content (outside/inside cover and maybe something that comes inside with the dvd).

Good thing about it? In case of new dvds, people would easily know which kind of stuff and visual would come in the dvd. That might help choosing about buying or not. That already helped me buying one movie once so i thought it would be nice. Boxset and special editions photos would be even greater.

Bad thing about it its just to troublesome for some people to get a photomachine/cellphone,take a photo and upload it to the internet.

Anyway, if some people like the idea, i can start a new topic or just show me one that we could use for that. Maybe this topic? i think it would suits well.

I can start it this week once i receive the stuff im waiting. 8)

Sorry about my english. :D

Don't worry about your English, it's perfectly understandable. We do say "camera", though, I guess the Portuguese word translates directly to "photomachine"?

I agree that it's a good idea by the way, so much so that I did make a thread for it. :)

It was titled "Goods you've received - PHOTOS EDITION", but it seems to have been deleted by a mod somewhere along the line, not sure what for. I will create a new topic for it tomorrow evening some time, or you can start it if your stuff shows up.

ilmaestro said:
Don't worry about your English, it's perfectly understandable. We do say "camera", though, I guess the Portuguese word translates directly to "photomachine"?

I agree that it's a good idea by the way, so much so that I did make a thread for it. :)

It was titled "Goods you've received - PHOTOS EDITION", but it seems to have been deleted by a mod somewhere along the line, not sure what for. I will create a new topic for it tomorrow evening some time, or you can start it if your stuff shows up.

that sounded like a good idea

we do say camera more than the word i said, but that didnt come to my mind at the time. :D But yes, the direct translation is photomachine.

Regarding the topic, ok then. If my stuff arrives before you create the topic, then i can create. Around lunch i should already know if my stuff arrived.
8)

Awesome, gives me an excuse to take some photos of stuff in preparation. :)

bakum4tsu said:
we do say camera more than the word i said, but that didnt come to my mind at the time. :D But yes, the direct translation is photomachine.
Interesting, thanks.

I could easily make a i video but i think its too much trouble for some people cause they have to put together all the 3 thousand dvds :lol: they have and that aint easy eheh

For me photos is enough but then videos would be cool too.

The thread should be video/photos and people would post the way they want. Regarding the entire collection video, maybe that could fit in another section since this would be just for new stuff arrived. Anyway, for me it works fine in the same topic.

EDIT: Just bought hellsing ultimate 1,2,3,4 at play.com for a total of £12.46. Now i just have to wait for it to arrive. Problably in the beginning of next week.

bakum4tsu said:
I could easily make a i video but i think its too much trouble for some people cause they have to put together all the 3 thousand dvds :lol: they have and that aint easy eheh

For me photos is enough but then videos would be cool too.

The thread should be video/photos and people would post the way they want. Regarding the entire collection video, maybe that could fit in another section since this would be just for new stuff arrived. Anyway, for me it works fine in the same topic.

iv probably have nearly 400 series and movies i think but 3 thousand if i had all the time to my self without doing anything else not including * sleep, eating, excise, brakes,* i think watching 3 thousand series would take me 10-15 years to get though them, plus if i continued to collect more other series while going though that 3 thousand that would be another 5-10 years just watching anime

400? :eek:

3 thousand was a joke as you might know. It was to express how much stuff some of you have. I've added to my collection 4 more dvds as i stated in the last comment. 8)

bakum4tsu said:
400? :eek:

3 thousand was a joke as you might know. It was to express how much stuff some of you have. I've added to my collection 4 more dvds as i stated in the last comment. 8)

oh 400 is nothing compared to this 1 guy on youtube hes probably got at least 1.500 series and movie in hes room hes got them in piles to hes room and hes backlogs huge

Manga

Alive The Final Evolution: vol 1
Bleach: vol 14
Bloody Monday: vol. 1
Dragonball: vol 16
Fairy Tail: vol 4
Higurashi When They Cry: Cotton Drifting Arc vol. 2

Back