The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Chaps, yours truly is now a proud owner of an expensive copy of Macross DYRL. I consider it my graduation present (even though I was at the dentist on the day of the ceremony).

Yesasia's price was steep to say the least, though the film itself holds a status amongst mecha fans that almost warrants the expense, to say nothing of the legal war that prevents a domestic release from coming to be.

And a spiffing afternoon to you as well.

(Indeed it is one already: there's very little rain, and we have leftover roast chicken in our basement refrigerator.)

I plan to use a downloaded .stl (external subtitle) file to overcome such an inconvenience. Several media players allow them to be run alongside a DVD, provided one has the DirectVobSub filter installed.

(The software I use allows for the relevant external subtitle file to run automatically when the film plays. I tested and configured this feature by running the subtitles of Armitage III: Polymatrix to the video track of And Now for Something Completely Different.)

Familiar of Zero season 1
Tsundere + J.C. Staff... what could possibly go wrong? ^_^;

I''s/I''s Pure
I'm currently enjoying the manga, so why the hell not. Plus, I remember all the fanservice screenshots on Aion's blog post...

Zin5ki said:
I plan to use a downloaded .stl (external subtitle) file to overcome such an inconvenience. Several media players allow them to be run alongside a DVD, provided one has the DirectVobSub filter installed.
Hmm, interesting, though I'm too much of a techtard to have any faith in my ability do this without ballsing something up.

Professor Irony said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Familiar of Zero season 1
Tsundere + J.C. Staff... what could possibly go wrong? ^_^;
Ye gods man, get out of there now.
Heh. The show got a fairly positive review from ANN's harshest critic, and I was looking for something light-hearted, so I can't go too wrong.

Or can I? D:

Eh. It's not the worst show ever, but the problem I have with it is that it introduces a number of interesting ideas into the plot and then repeatedly dangles them in your face without ever developing them in the slightest.

It's a bit darker, but if you feel the need for a tsundere fighting show, I thought Shana was a far better option. It at least has memorable villains...

I've watched Shana and, well, I wish I hadn't. It carries a bit too much shounen action show baggage (random powerups, infodumps during battles, too much annoying terminology and arbitrary "rules") for my liking. And I hate all the characters aside from the lush with big hooters.

The impression I get from Familar of Zero is that it's a more lighthearted affair along the lines of Rune Soldier (if not as good). At least I hope that's the case...

Back