The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I'm not sure i guy from another forum i go on offered to buy people some and he managed to get me with the card for 1800 yen which is around £12 so not bad.

stuart-says-yes said:
Question? how will you read the book if its in Japanese (unless you can read Japanese).
Seriously, what do you think the answer of that is going to be? The options are as followed:

a) Just looks at the pictures, therefore not reading.
b) Can read Japanese
c) Doesn't read it.

Jayme said:
stuart-says-yes said:
Question? how will you read the book if its in Japanese (unless you can read Japanese).
Seriously, what do you think the answer of that is going to be? The options are as followed:

a) Just looks at the pictures, therefore not reading.
b) Can read Japanese
c) Doesn't read it.

I've already read it online, so i know what the text says. Its only one chapter the rest of the book is sketches and an interview (which is posed online aswell). Chances of V0 being translated is pretty much none so may aswell get it while i can.

I also have other One Piece books in japanese, I may not be able to read them but the pictures pretty much make up for it. So pretty much for collection and owning a copy.

Also in the middle of building a site so the pictures come in handy for scanning.

A fair bit. Since Gantz 4-5 arrived from Amazon today (Gantz 3 hasn't arrived from TBD yet, of course...), I ordered 6-8 from Amazon so that I'll be able to read all the released volumes shortly after finishing the fifth volume. (Amazon are fast and send everything together. TBD are not and do not.) I'll be happy once I've caught up with it and can start thinking about pre-ordering rather than ordering 2-3 volumes at once...

I also received the first volume of Ikigami yesterday, and since it did it for me I ordered the second volume. Only three volumes are out at the moment, so catching up with those releases won't be difficult. Another manga to think about pre-ordering future volumes of!

And, just for the sake of buying more manga, I dusted off my unread first volume of Kieli, read it, liked it, and ordered the second (and final) volume of that. If I hadn't ordered the second volume, the first would've been forever lonely.

I've gone through a manga buying craze recently; ordering a ton of volume ones, Yotsuba 1-3 (with more buying shortly, no doubt!), MPD 1-2 AND the Azumanga collection. And if not for Eden 8-9 being OOP, I'd have also ordered 8-12 of that! I'll be glad when I no longer want to buy any more manga... not that such a period appears to be coming soon.

...oh, and I've also ordered all eleven volumes of The Drifting Classroom, too... even though TBD don't want to send me 10-11 at the moment. ****s.

Been a while but my latest of purchases

My pre-xmas present for myself was
Love Hina Bundle
Berserk Bundle
Black Lagoon Bundle
Gantz Bundle

Since then i decided to go through my anime collection and look at finishing off any series i started collecting so i also grabbed
Guyver Vol 1
Guyver Vol 4
so thats one down.

Was in the mood for some cheap anime today, and wandered over to Play.com to take advantage of their sales.

I've had my eye on Pani Poni Dash for quite some time, I'm in the mood for some zany comedy, and £3.99 a disc is very nice thank you. Except that they are out of stock for half of it. Having bought Le Chevy D'Eon that way, and learning that 1-2 weeks actually means 1-2 months, I thought I'd try TRSI instead...

They have the cut down Funimation set for $37 or the ADV singles for $6 each, not much of an improvement given the $10 + $2 per extra item postage, and I was thinking back to Play again, when I noticed that there was the DVD savings bundle for $35. That's all the ADV singles, slapped into the artbox. It's slightly cheaper than Play, but when I clicked it into my basket, I noticed a link for the Utawarerumono DVD Savings Bundle. All six ADV singles, in the artbox, for $20.

The bottom line of the currency converter. Pani Poni Dash, Utawarerumono, Artboxes, postage = £41.11

Why would I buy British then?

Just Passing Through said:
Was in the mood for some cheap anime today, and wandered over to Play.com to take advantage of their sales.

I've had my eye on Pani Poni Dash for quite some time, I'm in the mood for some zany comedy, and £3.99 a disc is very nice thank you. Except that they are out of stock for half of it. Having bought Le Chevy D'Eon that way, and learning that 1-2 weeks actually means 1-2 months, I thought I'd try TRSI instead...

They have the cut down Funimation set for $37 or the ADV singles for $6 each, not much of an improvement given the $10 + $2 per extra item postage, and I was thinking back to Play again, when I noticed that there was the DVD savings bundle for $35. That's all the ADV singles, slapped into the artbox. It's slightly cheaper than Play, but when I clicked it into my basket, I noticed a link for the Utawarerumono DVD Savings Bundle. All six ADV singles, in the artbox, for $20.

The bottom line of the currency converter. Pani Poni Dash, Utawarerumono, Artboxes, postage = £41.11

Just thought I'd let you know, Play.com have all six volumes of Paniponi Dash in stock now.

ilmaestro said:

To avoid customs charges?

I've been lucky with customs charges so far, and TRSI are always good enough to mark the package down. The last thing I ordered from the US was Baccano from DVD Pacific. It was around $30, just under £18. I thought I would have no problem.

DVD Pacific, without my asking, marked the package at $5. They've figured out that they get more money from the UK if the bastard government are cut out of the loop.

I'm actually a tad concerned about ADV UK catalogue titles now. I doubt very much that new discs are being pressed and packaged by Lace. Everything at Play from ADV is pretty much at £3.99, it's a clearance sale that has been going on for the last six months. So everytime now that I see an ADV title listed as out of stock, I get the worry that it's gone forever. I only buy ADV UK boxsets now, not single discs.

Besides, that US price still works out at £3.42 a disc.

I'm actually a tad concerned about ADV UK catalogue titles now. I doubt very much that new discs are being pressed and packaged by Lace. Everything at Play from ADV is pretty much at £3.99, it's a clearance sale that has been going on for the last six months. So everytime now that I see an ADV title listed as out of stock, I get the worry that it's gone forever. I only buy ADV UK boxsets now, not single discs.
It took a while, but I still got all my Kurau & Le Chevalier d'Eon discs which I ordered from Play in December (several were listed as being out of stock at the time).

Yotsuba 4-5

Gantz 6-8, Drifting Classroom 10-11 (finally!) and Ikigami 2 are all in the post.

Also, PLAY STILL HAVEN'T SENT 2/3 OF MY '3 FOR £15' ORDER... HELL, THEY STILL DON'T EVEN HAVE STOCK, AND I CAN'T CANCEL!!!!11!!!

Also (2), I received my second missing SS package yesterday... 6-7 weeks after it was sent. Yay!

Went into HMV today after College and saw some bargains. So I bought Claymore Vol 1 & 2 and Bleach Season 1 for £25.

Still wrapped and probably won't watch it until I finish the other half of Tehxnolyze and go past episode 1 of Rahxephon.

Anime:

Code Geass Lelouch Of The Rebellion R2 Part 3 LE
Gunparade March TV Series Perfect Collection
Shadowskill Complete Collection
Toward The Terra Complete Collection
Kannazuki No Miko - Destiny Of Shrine Maiden Box Set

I think that's all the pre-crimbo bit now here.

Manga:
Gantz Volume 8
Neon Genesis Evangelion The Shinji Ikarai Rising Project Volume 3

@Urzu seven: Glad you liked it. I'd recommend picking up both novels released so far too, it continues the story further, so it maybe of interest to you.

Went into town and just got back the now. Picked up two DVDs:

Darker than Black 5 + 6 - intend to finish the series tonight now
Millenium Actress - £5, kon title, no more explanation needed.

Ikigami 3-4 (4 pre-ordered)

I'm not going to type too much just yet because I want to read all that's available first, but the first two volumes suggest it's a serious top ten manga contender.

20th Century Boys 1

It dropped to £5. I ordered it to see what all the fuss is about. I kind of hope I hate it since I don't have the money to go on another £5.50-£6 rampage.

Back