The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Ordered three things as of late:
Kanon(2006) vol 2 + Artbox.
Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage vol 1 + artbox(or LE)
Black Lagoon volume 1(manga)

volume 3 of haruhi arrived today.

special editions are so freaking sweet. Not that I'm ever actually going to use the pillowcase >.> <.<.

(no really, I'm not.)

Just ordered Guyver boxset. I remember when this was on good old VHS. Loved it to bits. It will be good to see some good old fashion killing again. Lovely stuff.

Daymon Black said:
Just ordered Guyver boxset. I remember when this was on good old VHS. Loved it to bits. It will be good to see some good old fashion killing again. Lovely stuff.

Just a heads up its not the same series that you remember from VHS, that series never saw a DVD release, this is the new ADV series from 2005 :p (new animation same storyline almost but it goes further with the original manga then the VHS one)

BlackWolf said:
Daymon Black said:

Just a heads up its not the same series that you remember from VHS, that series never saw a DVD release, this is the new ADV series from 2005 :p (new animation same storyline almost but it goes further with the original manga then the VHS one)

Thanks for the tip. Now I can expect something slightly different. £56 is a bit steep, not that I'm cheap. Ah $od it I am cheap :lol:

One question please. Is it an improvement or would I be torn to shreds with dismay? Thanks in advance. :)

Well personally i enjoyed it more then the manga ent version, but that's just because the story continued further. Don't worry about the cheap thing, i put off buying the complete Chrono Crusade till it came down in price, i mean i paid £50 for the complete Elfen Lied so what you paid for Guyver wasn't bad :p

But some of the character designs have been changed tough, some not for the better as well

BlackWolf said:
Well personally i enjoyed it more then the manga ent version, but that's just because the story continued further. Don't worry about the cheap thing, i put off buying the complete Chrono Crusade till it came down in price, i mean i paid £50 for the complete Elfen Lied so what you paid for Guyver wasn't bad :p

But some of the character designs have been changed tough, some not for the better as well

Thanks again you have been honest and positive. I can look forward to it with ease of mind.

Well it may not be a complete trip down memory lane, bah it all good. Times are changing :D

I'm playing catch up because I have been out of anime for years. There are just so many new stuff out. Do you recommend Chrono Crusade? I really must read the reviews on this.

I've got Elfen Lied. I enjoyed the bloody arty work of it *yum* and the real embarrassing moments as well. Good anime I thought.

Yeah i would recommend Chrono Crusade :) It's a good show, i'll repeat the warnning i got though when i mentioned i bought it here, make sure you watch it in a good mood

Manga:
Blood+ Vol 3

Anime:
Gurren Lagann Vol 2 (Vol 1 is in the post somewhere).
Code Geass Vol 1+2 Limited edition thingy with manga and 2 CD's. If it comes out like that over here it should be a real winner.

Dracos said:
Anime:
Code Geass Vol 1+2 Limited edition thingy with manga and 2 CD's. If it comes out like that over here it should be a real winner.

Oh-oh. You're aware of the problems surrounding this release, right?
I'm waiting a couple more months to buy this until Bandai press discs that work.

melonpan said:
Dracos said:
Anime:

I'm waiting a couple more months to buy this until Bandai press discs that work.

I was actually planning to buy Code Geass myself, what's the problem with the release?

Ash said:
melonpan said:
Dracos said:
Anime:

I was actually planning to buy Code Geass myself, what's the problem with the release?

sound issues on disk 2

thankfully up1 aren't sending till it's fixed

It's not just sound issues on disc 2. There have been a variety of major problems with all the differing pressings Bandai have done, with only a few people getting it to play well at all. I'm not going through them all here, but they vary from disc 2 not working at all, to it skipping on episode 9, sometimes on episode 8, to disc 1 having problems, and so on.

If Up1 are holding the release, I'd think you might be waiting a month at least. That's what I'm expecting.

Got Black Lagoon volume 1 manga and the first Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Limited Edition. Hella nice looking LE for it, thing that did take me was despite it being released by FUNi, it doesn't have the FUNi logo on the DVD or cases.

Arbalest said:
Got Black Lagoon volume 1 manga and the first Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Limited Edition. Hella nice looking LE for it, thing that did take me was despite it being released by FUNi, it doesn't have the FUNi logo on the DVD or cases.

The DVDs were already produced by Geneon before they shut down production, so this is old stock.

Yep, it's been sitting there for a year.

New Geneon products should have the Funimation logo on.

BlackWolf said:
Yeah i would recommend Chrono Crusade :) It's a good show, i'll repeat the warnning i got though when i mentioned i bought it here, make sure you watch it in a good mood

Thanks for your help. Well I purchased Chrono Crusade so I can't wait to see it and I also purchased Battle Vixen haha. Why bloody not. I have extensive taste.

Two Raxhephon(?) cds

Altogether just under £100 :eek: :( :cry:

Back