The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

I finally managed to get my hands on the Japanese version of Magic Knight Rayearth OVA ^_^ I've only ever watched my videos of the OVA once (about 4 1/2years ago) and because I can't stand the dubbing of MKR, I've never been able to bring myself to watch it again, but now I can have the pleasure of seeing the original version for the first time!

I also got Ruin Explorers on DVD through the post today ^_^

I've finally ordered the GITS manga. I've been meaning to get it for ages and it will be my first ever manga :D.
I also ordered a cheap little digital camera so I can post pics of my small collection of anime.

Chobits is probably the only series where I have been able to buy every volume of the series from a bookstore rather than having to order some volumes online

Miaka-chan said:
I've just bought 2 of the 12" Princess Ai dolls ^_^ They're actually really pretty and one of them is wearing a sort of EGL outfit!
They really are nice looking, i saw one on ebay the other day i had thoughts of buying

Charter_Mage said:
Miaka-chan said:
I've just bought 2 of the 12" Princess Ai dolls ^_^ They're actually really pretty and one of them is wearing a sort of EGL outfit!
They really are nice looking, i saw one on ebay the other day i had thoughts of buying
You should! They're so much nicer in the flesh (so to speak) than in the pictures you see of them. The outfits could be better, but then I'm used to the quality of Volks and Azone doll clothing and when you think I have actually spent $22 on a pair of doll boots, I know about quality in dolls clothing (yes! I thought I was mad as well, but $22 for 1/6th scale dolls is cheap, if you're buying boots for the super dollfie scale you're talking $65-$100 for just a pair of doll footwear :shock: The most I ever spent on one dolls costume was £36!).

I got volume 3 of Happy Hustle High through the post today. It's another of those volumes where I've had to wait so long for it, that I've forgotten what happened in vol 1 & 2, but I don't mind rereading it!!

Yesterday I went shopping for slippers for my Mum and Dad (you wouldn't believe how hard it is to actually find real slippers these days!), anyway I took the opportunity to buy some manga off the shelf and ended up with;
Pieces of Spiral vol 1.
The Young Magician vol 1.
Midori Days vol 1.
Gals vol 3.
Shirahime - Syo, which is another Clamp story I've never heard of before, but couldn't resist!!

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - volumes 3 & 4

Still on the hunt for a cheap Region 2 version of Love Hina - volume 4 and a Region 1 boxset of Escaflowne. Dam those limited edition runs :? .

I got Samurai Champloo through the post today to download onto my PSP only to find the CD had nothing on it! Damn those ebayers oh well il have to wait two days for a replacement... :roll:

I also brought 11DVDs worth of Naruto yesterday night should arrive tomorrow so i can get proper stuck into them soon enough!

I bought the last two Rune Soldier DVDs today and watched them. They weren't anything special, but very pleasant to watch all the same. I was glad it didn't run like most other anime series and tie off all of the characters' loose ends that often turn up.

I also ordered Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 2 from Amazon UK, along with Suikoden III Volume 5 and the first volume of the Chrono Crusade manga. Should be here Saturday or Monday, I reckon. Mehopes it's Saturday ^_^

My Rune Soldier slimpack arrived this morning; I only got as far as volume 2 with rentals so I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the series.

Back