The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Fruits Basket volume 6 arrived today, I thought .hack//AI Buster would come with it as they were both in stock when I placed my order, but as luck would have it, it's on the dreaded "on order" phase.

That wonderful time of the month - my order to United Publications :D

Just lots of manga this time;
Freaks vol.1
Fushigi Yuugi vol.15
Ceres vol.12
Hana Yori Dango vol.13
Pet Shop of Horrors vol. 7, 8, 9 & 10
Hana Kimi vol.7
Sensual Phrase vol.9
Girl Got Game vol. 4 & 5
Tokyo Babylon vol 6 & 7
Cheeky Angel vol.7
D.N.Angel vol 7 & 8
Yellow (yaoi)
Brother (yaoi)

Can't wait to read Brother, as it's meant to be *HOT* and has a 18 rating :twisted:

Nothing from play has arrived yet (getting impatent now) But i did get Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Movie 1 and Lady Death, which i won in a compo :p

Ok, while in the US I purchased various volumes of ROD, WHR, Samurai Champloo, FMA and Genshiken, along with a whole lot of Bleach manga, Yotsuba, FMA manga, Fruits Basket 11, Chrono Crusade 1-4 and the latest few volumes of Trigun Maximum for completists sake. From the anime selection, you can obviously see my immense support for the UK anime industry at the moment, considering four of the series are/will be released in the UK, but rest assured I don't import everything, and those were the easier titles to find.

Interestingly, Barnes and Noble sell hardcover versions of Dark Horse manga, for lower prizes than the paperback, so if you ever want a nice version of Hellsing or Trigun for only $9.95 or $10.95 respectively, you know where to look.

Manga is so easy to find in the US, although anime is harder; about the same amount as in the UK in many stores, although this usually contains a good range from various companies. Bookstores and comic stores have shelves and shelves of manga, so a trip into a Borders is like entering manga heaven.

Just ordered the first three volumes of the HxH manga, too, and will order some new UK released very soon.

Unit 0 said:
Miaka-chan said:

Freaks vol.1

What is Freaks like? I was thinking of getting it but can't seem to found out much about it.
I'll let you know once I've read it. I was attracted mostly by the character on the front cover :wink: ('fraid the story came second, but it does sound really good!).
I guess another reason I fancied it was the fact it's written by the same author who wrote Juvenile Orion.

Miaka-chan said:
Unit 0 said:
Miaka-chan said:

Freaks vol.1

What is Freaks like? I was thinking of getting it but can't seem to found out much about it.
I'll let you know once I've read it. I was attracted mostly by the character on the front cover :wink: ('fraid the story came second, but it does sound really good!).
I guess another reason I fancied it was the fact it's written by the same author who wrote Juvenile Orion.

Thanks, the bits I have read about it sounded interesting, so it will be good to know what you thought of it.

Ayacon Loot:

DVDs-
Overman King Gainer Vols 2, 3 and 4
Brain Powered Vol 1
Garzey's Wing
The Complete Silent Mobius

Manga-
Cannon God Exaxxion Vols 1 and 2
Kenshin Vol 8
Maburaho Vol 1

The Gunpla-
1/100 Blaze ZAKU Phantom
1/100 MG A1 Zeta Plus
1/144 HG Chaos Gundam
SD Nu Gundam, A1 Zeta Plus, Kampfer and Sazabi

...and Gelgoog and Zeong plushies for good measure.

Rorouni Kenshin manga 11 - 14 ... getting there, interesting to see the different style (slightly) compared to the TV series...
And Fruits Basket manga 11. Yay, Tohru! :D But the next one isn't out for ages... :(

Today Chrono Crusade Vol.1 and Burst Angel vol.1 arrived. I also got Chrono Crusade vol.1 (manga) and Fushigi Yugi: Genbu Kaiden vol.1.

Lots of volume 1s...

Back