The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Got 60% of my order from United Publications today, the best part being part 4 of the Marmalade Boy Ultimate Scrapbook. Plus 5 volumes of Steel Angel Kurumi (another predessor of Chobits :wink: ).

Picked up GITS: SAC 2 and the Tenchi OVAs in a return trip to the play.com sale, now I have lots of anime slowly diffusing its way towards me, but to my disappointment nothing arrived in the post today. In 'other merchandise', managed to win some .hack//ENEMY trading cards on eBay also.

serial experiment lain #1 at only £7.99. hopefully i'll still only pay that when it comes back in stock and is dispatched.

Concrete badger said:
serial experiment lain #1 at only £7.99. hopefully i'll still only pay that when it comes back in stock and is dispatched.

I've said this before (and on UK-A), they can't charge you any other price once you've made your order, because you've then entered a contract. The only thing that can happen is that the title becomes completely unavailable and the order is cancelled, but I doubt that will happen with Lain.

...which means i'll probably go on and buy the second one next week if the offer's still on. cheers! :D

i'm considering getting GitS SAC as well, but i'm assuming they are expecting high demand fo that one and have a reasonably sized stock in.

Ordered the R1 release of Appleseed today (the new film). Couldnt wait for the UK rleease, specially since Optinum havent said a thing about it since the announcement in NEO.

edit - Well actully i cancelled the order. Forgot about the damn problems with the audio on the R1. Ok its on the Japanese track, but still its a bugged disc. Dont want that in my collection.

Oh yeah, picked up s-CRY-ed vol 1 today. Ddint watch it tho, watched more Milk Chan instead :D

Miaka-chan said:
Got 60% of my order from United Publications today, the best part being part 4 of the Marmalade Boy Ultimate Scrapbook. Plus 5 volumes of Steel Angel Kurumi (another predessor of Chobits :wink: ).

They must really love you at that place.

I went to the London Anime Club meet last sunday and brought from them and Otaku.co.uk.

Stellvia Vol 1-3
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu Vol 1 with art box set
Get Backers Vol 4-5
Scrapped Princess Vol 1
Maburaho Vol 1

Also a Kyo plushie with the missus adores.

After that I brought Witch Hunter Robin Vol 1 from HMV.

Gryphon said:
Stellvia Vol 1-3
Get Backers Vol 4-5
Scrapped Princess Vol 1
Maburaho Vol 1

Ah, you've just reminded me, I must import Scrapped Princess and Fumuffu soonder rather than later. 8)

Chomolungma said:
Gryphon said:
Stellvia Vol 1-3
Get Backers Vol 4-5
Scrapped Princess Vol 1
Maburaho Vol 1

Ah, you've just reminded me, I must import Scrapped Princess and Fumuffu soonder rather than later. 8)

I enjoyed both greatly and can`t wait for more volumes of Scrapped Princess.

Well, after almost a week of waiting, Fruits Basket 2-4 and the Tenchi OVAs arrived today, but still no GITS: SAC 2, and the DVDs my mum was supposed to have sent from home haven't shown up (so I'm now getting paranoid that they're lost in the post). Tenjho Tenge vol 1 has also been dispatched but will probably hang around for a couple of weeks in customs before I get it.

Red XIII said:
Tenjho Tenge vol 1 has also been dispatched but will probably hang around for a couple of weeks in customs before I get it.
You should have got it from UP1, then you don't have the bother of customs!

Miaka-chan said:
Red XIII said:
Tenjho Tenge vol 1 has also been dispatched but will probably hang around for a couple of weeks in customs before I get it.
You should have got it from UP1, then you don't have the bother of customs!

I would have done, but this way it should work out cheaper- and I needed the extra money for the play.com sale.

A couple of weeks ago, I broke down and bought Kino's Journey, which was well worth it. Today, I got Piano, which is just lovely. I've also ordered Shingu on the advice of a friend, and should have that soon. New anime is lovely; poverty less so.

Up1 cost to much more than importing from the US. Really dont get why people on here "love" them so much.

Dont know where your getting your R1s from, Red XIII, but ive never heard of customs holding on to something more than a day or so.

Back