The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

DaNiMé said:
GITS 2 says 'From the creators of Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle' LOL, my guess is that Manga ent are being sneaky and playing on the general UK publics ignorance, to get people who know nothing about it but have seen Spirited Away etc pick it up and think omg another thing by them, i'll buy it.
I know this is old and someone might have explained it already… But INNOCENCE is a co-production between Production I.G and Studio Ghibli.

in the post today i got an impule collectors sake item.
One Piece vol 1 manga limited edition (viz media) i thought it would be something cool. but its the same as my other vol 1 but has a shiny foil cover and has a number printed on it (out of 5000).
very shabby indeed.

Finally got Kare Kano manga vols 2, 3 and 4 in the post, and just got ROD manga vol 3 this morning ^__^

Having really enjoyed the ROD OVA and TV series, this back story is great ^_^

Oh and Azumanga Daioh (Anime) vol 5 should be winging its way to me soon... first purcahse from Sendit.com, £13.49 aint too bad...

Just got
  • Negima! vol 2 - I'm enjoying this series a lot & hope to pick up a few more volumes next week.
  • Naruto vol 2, 3 & 4 - Very good. Like DB, both the manga and anime versions of naruto are near identical, which is no bad thing! Can't yet tell if 'Believe it' is going to get on my nerves, probably not?!

Ha! Sorry for the slight deviation from the subject - I just noticed that Ikari2001's status (as in all that number of posts class jazz like Gunbuster and State Alchemist etc...) is currently "first child". Anyway, I found that to be a funny coincidence, even if it doesn't quite fit.

To justify this as a post in the relevant topic, I got Ghost in the Shell 2nd GIG, Vol. 5 the other day. Haven't managed to watch it yet, but looking forward to it.
________
Laos recipes

Just bought-

Manga:
  • Negima! vol 3, 4 & 5
General Reading:
  • A Quantum murder - Peter F Hamilton
  • Labyrinth - Kate Mosse
Still sat on my bookshelf waiting to be read:
  • Dune, Battle of Corin - Brian Herbert & Kevin J Anderson
  • The Algebraist - Ian M Banks
  • Stamping Butterflies - John Courtenay Grimwood

I've just posted this in the September Viewing journal sticky, but as it fits in here as well, I may as well put it here too. :wink:

Today I bought and watched :

Burst Angel : Eps 17 to 20 ( Not the best of the series so far, but still entertaining. )

GitS Sac Gig2 : Eps 17 to 20 ( Again, not the best of the series. )

Kiddie Grade : Eps 7 to 18 ( I've had the first 2 disks - Eps 1 to 6 - for ages and I don't know what made me buy these 4 disks while I was out earlier, but I certainly didn't expect i'd get so into watching it. I'll probably go out and get the rest of it tomorrow. :D )

What can I say, I had the day off, it was payday, and I couldn't be bothered doing anything else. :p :wink:

--

Just got (like 30 minutes ago)

Anime
  • Spirited Away - Studio Ghibli collection version, just for the number at the top :(
  • FullMetal Alchemist vol.1

Mr B said:
Just bought-

Manga:
  • Negima! vol 3, 4 & 5
General Reading:
  • A Quantum murder - Peter F Hamilton
  • Labyrinth - Kate Mosse
Still sat on my bookshelf waiting to be read:
  • Dune, Battle of Corin - Brian Herbert & Kevin J Anderson
  • The Algebraist - Ian M Banks
  • Stamping Butterflies - John Courtenay Grimwood

What's "A Quantum Murder" like? i'll be coming to the end of The Naked God soon and i'll need something new.

and i'll be interested to know what you think of the dune series? cos i've read the first 3 but heard that the others weren't that good and not written by old Frank.

I got Last Exile vol 1 and Otogi Zoshi vol 1 a couple of days ago from the Sendit.com first vol sale.

Not watched last exile yet.

Watched a few episodes of Otogi Zoshi and i'm not quite sure what i think yet, i've pretty much only watched Sci-fi anime before and this is a bit of a change.

oh and i bought last exile and Otogi Zoshi and macross plus based on the recommendations from you guys, so thanks (that wasn't meant to sound sarcastic).

mr-brett said:
What's "A Quantum Murder" like? i'll be coming to the end of The Naked God soon and i'll need something new.

It should be mid-week before I start to read 'A Quantum murder', but if you liked The Night's Dawn Trilogy, 'A Second Chance at Eden' is a selection of shorts and a novella based in the same time line. 'Fallen Dragon' is a good stand alone story with a twist to the end. 'The Nano Flower' is a good story (3rd in the Greg Mandel series, Mindstar Rising & A Quantum Murder being the first two) and feels like a precursor to the Night's Dawn, a lot of the tech in night's dawn is just being discovered/developed in the nano flower.

Also, The Commonwealth Saga (Pandora's Star & Judas Unchained) is as good as night's dawn, but IMHO has a better ending (less fanciful)

Currently reading - Isaac Asimov's 'The complete robot' collected short stories about err... Robots :)
& have Negima vol 6 to 12 (i think it was 12) on pre-order with amazon (Tanoshimi version)

Back