The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Yukikaze (Sentou Yousei Yukikaze) (English Subtitles) Blu-ray Disc Box [Standard Edition]...would have liked the limited edition as it comes with a model of the plane but there was no way i could afford just over £500 for it, thats half my monthly wage.

Bought Elfen Lied & Blood C The Last Dark from base.com

The former was to fix an ebay purchase error shall we say and the latter is because I've seen the rubbish series and therefore had to follow on by watching this hehe.

Decided to reward myself after going to the dentist, so went to Forbidden Planet and bought Demon From Afar 3, 3 Alice in the Country of.... volumes I was missing, He's My Only Vampire 3 and Let's Dance a Waltz 2.

Pre-ordered (or shall I say Re-order) on Rightstuf:
No Game No Life - Complete Series: Collector's Edition (Blu-ray/DVD)

There's a Sentai Filmworks sale on Rightstuf (Promo code: S23-2015) but they increased the price on NGNL and by adding the code it's back down to $77.99. With shipping I'll be charged just below £60 overall. Not going to place another order just in case they both arrive at the same time (because the last time this happened I ended up getting both items caught by customs, my luck gets better with individual items for some reason).

Bit of a strange one... I just ordered baka and test S2 LE from Amazon CA (actual amazon not a marketplace seller). It was listed as one left in stock. Looking at the price history it looks like it went available on Wednesday. Came to about £37 but will get duty on that... It's still listed as available with more stock arriving on Jun 29th... Whether or not it is an error and if I'll actually ever get anything I don't know but I thought I'd take a shot at it for that price...

Can't work out why such a thing would happen, aside from someone discovering a bunch in a warehouse somewhere that had previously been forgotten or something...

msgeek said:
Bit of a strange one... I just ordered baka and test S2 LE from Amazon CA (actual amazon not a marketplace seller). It was listed as one left in stock. Looking at the price history it looks like it went available on Wednesday. Came to about £37 but will get duty on that... It's still listed as available with more stock arriving on Jun 29th... Whether or not it is an error and if I'll actually ever get anything I don't know but I thought I'd take a shot at it for that price...

Can't work out why such a thing would happen, aside from someone discovering a bunch in a warehouse somewhere that had previously been forgotten or something...

Just had a look, they even have some OOP LEs on there still available like High School DxD New and Haganai NEXT.

NormanicGrav said:
msgeek said:

Just had a look, they even have some OOP LEs on there still available like High School DxD New and Haganai NEXT.

Yeah, I picked my DxD New from .ca back on March 17th, I think it was out of print by that time..? They are pretty useful in being somewhere to get hold of something that is getting rare, I presume that Amazon buy in bulk and give a quota to .ca whose quota usually lasts longer...

The Baka + Test S2 LE is a whole other ball game though, it's been out of stock everywhere including Amazon CA unless you were willing to pay crazy prices... Hmm, I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Not so much just bought, but something that arrived today - don't you just love it when something's listed as 'used', but then turns up in new/shrink-wrapped immaculate condition? My Macross: Do You Remember Love 30th anniversary blu ray boxset turned up today in just such a condition. Win!

Back