The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Tiger and Bunny Part 3 from a Play.com seller
Tiger and Bunny Part 4 from Amazon
Sengoku Basara Samurai Kings Movie: The Last Party from Amazon

Amazon trying to be cheeky and charge for delivery even when I had selected free delivery. Almost ate up my student discount

Berserk: The egg of the king blu-ray - Just watched it, enjoyable stuff.

Black Lagoon Second Barrage Blu Ray - Cheap from CEX. Now to buy part 1...

Spice and Wolf Complete Collection Blu Ray - Bought on a whim off ebay. I think I'll enjoy it....

britguy said:
Berserk: The egg of the king blu-ray - Just watched it, enjoyable stuff.

Black Lagoon Second Barrage Blu Ray - Cheap from CEX. Now to buy part 1...

Spice and Wolf Complete Collection Blu Ray - Bought on a whim off ebay. I think I'll enjoy it....

It's magical.

Cancelled my Amazon pre order of BD Patlabor and bought it from UP1 instead.

Code Geass season 1 BD from UP1. I wasn't planning to buy this yet until I noticed that it is effectively out of print. Both the BD and DVD versions of season 1 are no longer available at Amazon (unless you want to pay a marketplace seller £422 :eek: ) and places like Sainsburys Zavvi Base and AoL don't even list them at all. It seems clear by now that Kaze are abandoning the UK market, but I didn't expect them to just stop repleneshing stock of existing releases like this. At least season 2 is still in stock everywhere, but I'll need to get it sooner rarther than later I think. Penguindrum too.

elixEideJ said:
Code Geass season 1 BD from UP1. I wasn't planning to buy this yet until I noticed that it is effectively out of print. Both the BD and DVD versions of season 1 are no longer available at Amazon (unless you want to pay a marketplace seller £422 :eek: ) and places like Sainsburys Zavvi Base and AoL don't even list them at all. It seems clear by now that Kaze are abandoning the UK market, but I didn't expect them to just stop repleneshing stock of existing releases like this. At least season 2 is still in stock everywhere, but I'll need to get it sooner rarther than later I think. Penguindrum too.

I think Manga mentioned on one of their social media sites that they were contacting Kaze for more, at least in the case of Persona 4 so hopefully all their stuff isn't going OOP just yet?! :S

I hope not anyways ..I haven't picked up any volume of Persona 4 yet.

Region B Australia for Code Geass and Persona 4, same discs as UK, Australia has Penguindrum on Region B Blu-ray which is better than the UK release and the US release, Better Region B release for Tiger and Bunny from AU. Get Princess Jellyfish from AU on DVD, again better than the UK.

Kaze does have a Region B monopoly on Black Lagoon though. I'd make that a priority. And maybe the Mardock Scramble Blu-rays.

Just Passing Through said:
Region B Australia for Code Geass and Persona 4, same discs as UK, Australia has Penguindrum on Region B Blu-ray which is better than the UK release and the US release, Better Region B release for Tiger and Bunny from AU. Get Princess Jellyfish from AU on DVD, again better than the UK.

Kaze does have a Region B monopoly on Black Lagoon though. I'd make that a priority. And maybe the Mardock Scramble Blu-rays.

The best version for Black Lagoon is Funimation's release (cheaper, tons of extras, 5.1 audio and is a combo pack), downside it's A locked and 1 locked.

Glad to see Australia's versions are well received, which site did you get them from I wonder?

Speaking of what I bought.

From HMV Sheffield:
Afro Samurai: Complete Murder Sessions - Blu-ray
Devil May Cry: The Animated Series - Blu-ray ~ £14.99 is a good price

I also got Pacific Rim, but that's not anime anyway.

Kaze does have a Region B monopoly on Black Lagoon though.

Hang on, does that mean one of the AU companys won't be releasing it on Blu-ray? Was hoping Madman would get it and use Funimations assets.

Emulsion said:
Kaze does have a Region B monopoly on Black Lagoon though.

Hang on, does that mean one of the AU companys won't be releasing it on Blu-ray? Was hoping Madman would get it and use Funimations assets.

It's a Geneon show, and Australia are waiting on Sony Universal, who now have the Geneon anime catalogue to announce it. Madman lost the license. So far no dice from Sony...

NormanicGrav said:
The best version for Black Lagoon is Funimation's release (cheaper, tons of extras, 5.1 audio and is a combo pack), downside it's A locked and 1 locked.

Glad to see Australia's versions are well received, which site did you get them from I wonder?

I kept my MVM Black Lagoon discs for the extras, they have most of the Geneon bonuses. Sub fan, so 5.1 wouldn't happen for me anyway. I got Siren Visual's Penguindrum from DevotedDVD, and it has better video than Sentai's release, but lower quality dub audio (lossy). The subs work though, which is the reason I got them. I actually got the Funimation Princess Jellyfish, even though I can't spin Region A, as I can play the DVDs, the subs work, and it has all the extras, Siren's strips some of the extras out. Madman simply used Kaze's masters for their Code Geass and Persona 4. Siren's Tiger & Bunny is much the same as Viz US, better compression on dual layer discs, extras on the Blu-rays and in two halves, not four quarters, works out cheaper. The first release had the comics as well.

I wanted to add that Madman are doing Bakuman from next year, with fixed subtitles, although it's probably DVD only.

It's a Geneon show, and Australia are waiting on Sony Universal, who now have the Geneon anime catalogue to announce it. Madman lost the license. So far no dice from Sony...

Ah I see, thanks for the info. That also explains why Sony Universal has Ergo Proxy. So it looks like the wait for me continues then. My R1 US Geneon DVDs will do me for now.

in the last few weeks ive got
Black Lagoon 1 & 2
X tv
Patlabor early days
A woman called Fujiko Mine
Rahxephon
Dangaioh
Vampire Wars

Since they were already available for 'Immediate Delivery', I somehow miscalculated my total amount of cash left (I thought I would have less but it turns out I got more, huh) and I'm able to get these items as well.

Ordered from United Publications USA:
Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing-: Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Part 1
Maken-Ki! Battling Venus (Season 1): Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Complete Series

NormanicGrav said:
Since they were already available for 'Immediate Delivery', I somehow miscalculated my total amount of cash left (I thought I would have less but it turns out I got more, huh) and I'm able to get these items as well.

Ordered from United Publications USA:
Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing-: Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Part 1
Maken-Ki! Battling Venus (Season 1): Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Complete Series
Do you ever stop and think to yourself, "Am I buying this because I really want it, or is it just because it's in stock?"
This has saved me from making so many purchases, especially when I realise the next day that I didn't actually want a series that much.

Mangaranga said:
Do you ever stop and think to yourself, "Am I buying this because I really want it, or is it just because it's in stock?"
This has saved me from making so many purchases, especially when I realise the next day that I didn't actually want a series that much.

I have been keen on getting Fam for quite a while (was a choice between either this or Guilty Crown, though both shows have been received badly by everyone. The same applied to Eureka Seven AO though I'm enjoying it quite well.) but since it's available I decided to get Fam while I can (fortunately both show's LEs are rather intriguing). As for Maken, I do have a odd spot for ecchi shows (I do love High School DxD and Haganai) so I really want to watch it, I would have picked Good Luck Girl! but I hear there's an issue with the OP/EDs being a bit off so that's on hold for a few months. I do have an Excel spreadsheet on which title I should pick up next and I have been placing these ones on my priority list for a while (please don't hate me).

Last edited by a moderator:
Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:
I would have picked Good Luck Girl! but I hear there's an issue with the OP/EDs being a bit off
Please, Expand. I have Binbougami Ga on order and if it's Defective I'll leave it for now.

I might be wrong but here's more info through pages 7 and 8.

Basically, people have been saying the OP/EDs have been a bit choppy but the argument has been 50/50 (50% say so, 50% say otherwise).

Back