The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

FourthLion said:
Are they still guaranteeing no customs charges? In their FAQ section recently it has stated that as of Feb 2012 they can no longer ship directly into the Royal Mail system, I wasn't sure if this meant they had to now start declaring on the customs form. I sent them an email to ask but they haven't replied. Anyone received an order from them recently? There are quite a few things I've been meaning to purchase from them!
I recieved an order from them at the start of February, didn't have to pay any customs charges.

I can't seem to find any kind of FAQ on their site saying anything about being unable to ship into the RM, but then again it isn't really an easy site to find stuff on...

http://www.devoteddvd.com.au/shop/shipping.php

Check the text in the image under where it says 'direct shipping example' in the Royal Mail section. I've tried to contact them about it and received no reply, but then it seems they only work mon-thurs so perhaps I'll have to wait until next week.

The australian releases are pretty expensive already, so I'd rather not pay extra tax and charges.

Ah, I see.

Mine did take longer to arrive than I'd expected (over two weeks), but like I said before, there were no customs charges.

I'd probably use them again, even with the airmail thing as it is. In fact, I'll probably pre-order Madoka v1 from them pretty soon.

I really want to buy the Princess Jellyfish Blu-ray/DVD from Funimation but I'm not sure if the blu-ray is region locked or not. Has anyone else bought and tested it at all?

If it's locked I may just wait to see what the Kaze/Manga Uk release is like.

Orgun said:
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 21

An OK episode this week that was still a little too cliched for my liking.

Rinne no Lagrange - Episode 9

I found this episode laugh out loud funny, Lagrange has certainly found its groove now!

Fight! Iczer One - Episode 1

Classic 80's sci-fi.

I think this is in the wrong thread Orgun.

mangaman74 said:
I think this is in the wrong thread Orgun.

You know I wondered where this post went when I looked at the 'Your Viewing Journal' thread this morning, I thought I was losing the plot!!

Just goes to show no matter how big the screen on your mobile phone, you can't account for sloppy tapping!

Probably going to regret this one, but I got the Samurai Girls Blu-ray. Find-DVD revealed to me that United Publications have an ebay store, and they're doing the BD for £5 cheaper than anyone else (same price through their site). I had some cash just sittin' around in my Paypal account, bringing the total below £20, so I went for it ^_^;

Genshiken series 1 & 2
Kujibiki Unbalance (w/ Genshiken OVAs)
Rental Magica part 1
Irresponsible Captain Tylor (series and OVAs)
Banner of the Stars 1 & 2
Lucky Star series & OVA
True Tears
Nana Box set 2 (Viz stuff is so overpriced :( )
Azumanga Daioh

Anyone else find it annoying that the Kujibiki OVAs come on the Genshiken discs and the Genshiken OVAs on the Kujibiki discs?

FourthLion said:
Genshiken series 1 & 2
Kujibiki Unbalance (w/ Genshiken OVAs)
Rental Magica part 1
Irresponsible Captain Tylor (series and OVAs)
Banner of the Stars 1 & 2
Lucky Star series & OVA
True Tears
Nana Box set 2 (Viz stuff is so overpriced :( )
Azumanga Daioh

Anyone else find it annoying that the Kujibiki OVAs come on the Genshiken discs and the Genshiken OVAs on the Kujibiki discs?

Not really since Kujibiki first appears in Genshiken as a show within a show so you naturally get the reverse happen with the Kujibiki releases.

fabricatedlunatic said:
There is a release of Genshiken S1 that includes the OVAs. This one.

But that one isn't really cheap 8)

I just meant it was annoying for people who want to watch Genshiken, but have less interest in watching the later Kujibiki series (I doubt I will enjoy Kujibiki Unbalance so much outside the context of Genshiken but maybe it will surprise me). I guess that's why there is that DX release shown above...

I got this one...

Two seasons of Genshiken, plus the Genshiken OVA all on 7 discs, plus the Kujibiki Unbalance OVAs...

Cheap enough, but comes in a stackpack, which resulted in me transferring all seven discs to seperate cases.

Back