The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Question to the people who purchased the Clannad Blu-Ray release from the US:

Does anyone know that the Clannad Complete Collection Blu-Ray edition that Sentai FIlmworks released in the US contains the remastered Japanese Blu-Ray video OR is it just the US DVD video upscaled from 720x480 to 1920x1080?

Thanks.

Preordered the following,
Kimi Ni Todoke -From Me to You- Box Set 2 (S) Premium Edition DVD/Blu-ray

Also Planetaxel has shipped my copy of Code Geass R2 Collection so I have cancelled my preorder with HMV.

ilmaestro said:
mangaman74 said:
(when I have asked about stuff before they asked me to find it on amazon first - maybe they use similar suppliers?).
I would not be surprised if they used Amazon as a supplier.

Well Axel have stocked a few games that had amazon exclusives such as Catherine (both PS3 and Xbox 360).

Over the past few days I ordered:
The Twelve Kingdoms complete collection
Genshiken the complete collection
S-cry-ed anime legends

and I'm expecting Space pirate Captain Herlock collection to arrive from australia via devoted dvd any day now.

Finally got my ass in gear and reorganized/made some preorders (as well as looking through TRSI's Sentai sale), so my current orders stand as:

From TRSI:

MSG 0079 pt.2
SenBasa s.2 BD
Broken Blade BD
Area 88 OVA
MD mofo-ing Geist

Yumekui Merry BD
Kite BD (didn't even realize this was coming out!)
Infinite Stratos BD
Kimi ni Todoke pt.2 BD

And from Planet Axel:

Star Driver pt.2 BD
.Hack//QUANTUM BD
Kuragehime BD
Ookami-san BD
Black Butler s.2 BD
FMA The Sacred Star of Milos BD
Strike Witches s.2 BD (I understand this is in release date hell atm)

dscf2643e.jpg

dscf2647u.jpg

Anime:

- Ef, a tale of memories
- The World God Only Knows
- Star Driver part 2
- Love Hina complete collection (from anime-online)
- Code geass R2 (anime legends edition)
- The end of evangelion (spanish release)
- 009-1 (s.a..v.e.)

Manga:

dscf2650w.jpg

Brought Ouran High School Host Club Volume 8 for £6.99 from Middlesbrough HMV yesterday.

Also cancelled my Amazon order for the 2 DVD disc Ponyo as it was schedule to take at least a month to come.

fma brotherhood vol 4 5 and 6 and peacemaker kurogane (anime classics edition) finally after all these years. I miss that great show. Bought the PMK r1 version since it appears that the r2 is no longer available to be bought in the uk. Maybe the licence has ended like black lagoon i guess.

Though black lagoon will be released in bd this years including the two seasons and the ovas. I dont have a bd player but i might get one in the future and buy that. lol

Anime:

* Ponyo: 2 disc DVD collection, £10 from United Publications.
* Chrono Crusade, Special Holiday Edition, £22.20 from United Publications (strangely this was cheaper than the normal version on UP).
* The Tatami Galaxy, £25.99 from Amazon.

Manga:

* With the Light, Vol. 1, £9.89 from Amazon.
* Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 9, £6.99 from Stockton WHSmith.

Today I placed my first planetaxel order:
-Sound of the Sky DVD collection
-Chaos;Head Bluray collection (limited ed)
-Spice & wolf both seasons BluRay

jolu said:
Anime:

- Ef, a tale of memories

How is this set? I've been debating whether to get it all week. Since I can only play region locked BluRays on my laptop I wasn't sure whether I might be better off with the DVD release this time... Love the series though, really took soem time to get an English language release.

Anime:

The Big O: £28 from Middlesbrough HMV.

Manga:

Library Wars, Vol. 7 and Zomibe-Loan Vols. 6-7: £21 all together from Middlesbrough HMV.

My order from TRSI arrived today, it consisted of:

Mars Daybreak
Silent Mobius - The Motion Picture 1
Silent Mobius - The Motion Picture 2
Fight! Iczer One
Megazone 23 Complete Collection
Eureka Seven - Anime Legends Collection 1
Eureka Seven - Anime Legends Collection 2
Plastic Little
Burn Up
Sonic Soldier Borgman OVA (including both sound tracks)

Loads of retro mecha/sci-fi, love it!!!!

Ordered the Hell Girl - Three Vessels Complete Collection from PlanetAxel.

Might have to pick up a batch of more 'user-friendly' cases, too - those Sentai stack packs are cheap and nasty.

I'm really behind on everything so just trying to fill some gaps atm I got today

FMA S2P2 -r2 even though the rest is r1 -never mine-
FMA manga vols 12-27

Puella Magi Madoka Magica Volume 2 Limited Edition from UP1.

I ordered volume 1 from RightStuf and calculated that with postage and customs, I'll be paying as much as UP1 charge and I noticed that UP1 had volume 1 listed in stock before mine arrived, so now I'm experimenting to see whether they can get it to me quicker. Shall decide who gets my volume 3 pre-order!

Le drama.

EDIT:
Bleach the Movie: Fade to Black (Blu-Ray) from PlanetAxel.
Here's the thing - I can get this from PlanetAxel for £17.77 (price including postage). Kazé's Blu-Ray release (which is due out in May) is £24.99 on Play.com right now. Which one am I going to choose? 9.9

Also, pre-ordering the Squid Girl blu-ray, because I can.

EDIT 2:
Okay, the Bleach movie order was taken from my account, but I haven't received an order confirmation and it isn't in my order history, yet the Squid Girl pre-order I placed got an order confirmation straight away...gonna email them *sigh*

Back