The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

alexrose1uk said:
Oooh I'm torn, I've never seen Cowboy Bebop... to buy or not to buy...

Edit: Also had to laugh a bit. Dvd.co.uk said the other day they'd shipped me Bamboo Blade Part 2 as Part 1 was on backorder, which mirrors thier order status.

What turns up today? Bamboo Blade...Part 1.

I've cancelled the order for Part 1, incase they send me a second copy, and to try and get the order amended incase for whatever reason I need to return the item.
I bought Cowboy Bebop, better to get it now than never!

Funny how your Bamboo Blade order mirrors mine - we could meet up and watch the whole series if you like, as I've only got part 2 from Zavvi as yet!

Also, regarding the betting subject... I won £85 on a football accumulator a couple of weeks ago, most of the winnings went towards my recent anime purchases - but I'm pretty sure I've spent more than £85 in putting betting funds into my various accounts over the past 16 months in which I've been gambling. That said, if a decent free bet offer is there, by all means take it - and put money on a banker result!

From where I have seen it (a slightly different area of the wheel), the smaller firms have been put out of business by the Government, essentially, making it much harder and more expensive to run a small chain or especially a single shop. :(

Rui said:
ilmaestro said:
What does he do, if you don't mind me asking?

Software development for various online betting systems. It seems like a good industry to be involved in.
Interesting, I'm sure it is. We do ours in-house, but I assume he has contracts with different companies rather than working for one in particular? I would love to talk with him about it some time, if that wouldn't put your secret identity in jeopardy. :p

Is the bonus item something nice? I guess I could just check their site but... yeah.

It hasn't been announced yet, but I'm a sucker for cheap and tacky goodies. I'll let you know if it's anything exciting when they decide.
I see, I see. I shall be interested to hear what it is, I wouldn't totally be against picking up a copy of the series with subs to show people, anyway.

ilmaestro said:
From where I have seen it (a slightly different area of the wheel), the smaller firms have been put out of business by the Government, essentially, making it much harder and more expensive to run a small chain or especially a single shop. :(
The Goverment makes life harder for small companies and easier for larger ones for the same reason a lot of Government minsters end up on the board of directors of those same big companies they helped out. The most striking example being where all the Thatcher / Major era Tories went next... Straight onto the boards of the companies their Government privatised. Big Business = Government.

ilmaestro said:
Interesting, I'm sure it is. We do ours in-house, but I assume he has contracts with different companies rather than working for one in particular? I would love to talk with him about it some time, if that wouldn't put your secret identity in jeopardy. :p

That's right, his company has contracts with some famous chains. He doesn't seem to like forums much, but maybe one day I'll relax and put you in contact...

I'll let you know on DenYuuDen :)

R

Rui said:
This lot will be ordered from Axel as soon as they reply to my desperate message and add Sebastian to their website:

Legend of the Legendary Heroes part 2 (will get part 1 from TRSI for the bonus item)
Black Butler II
K-On! (Anime Legends collection because I don't care)

Badly need to find something to sink some Axel points into. They removed all of the stuff I wanted to get from the list.

R

Legend Part 2 is on the site as I mentioned it to them the other day along with some other titles,
https://www.planetaxel.com/product/Lege ... 4400089510

If Black Butler II is not on the site by tonight I'll email them for you (I take it you are after Black Butler II: Complete Collection (Limited Edition, Blu-ray/DVD Combo)).

Thanks, I e-mailed them last night so hopefully it will pop up soon. They seem to be tweaking the website again (along with their rewards scheme) at the moment so they are slower to respond than usual. Legend is already in my basket ready to go, so thanks for having the same taste :3

I also asked for the new FMA movie blu-ray since I'd forgotten that I needed that too.

R

Cool, I'll grab it later too. I used to use the little form which popped up when you failed to find something, but it seems to have gone, so I just used the e-mail contact form last night.

Oh, I also asked for Bobobo IIRC.

R

Cowboy Bebop arrived today, can't be that many left now. Although if you want one HMV now have it in stock, said 3 to 5 days when I ordered it, so they must have some.

Haven't used Planet Axel for a big order since they changed their shipping terms... are they shipping everything individually now, or waiting until everything from an order is in stock?

ilmaestro said:
Haven't used Planet Axel for a big order since they changed their shipping terms... are they shipping everything individually now, or waiting until everything from an order is in stock?
Individually.

What's odd though, is even if items are dispatched on different days, I've always received them on the same day.

Thanks to mangaman and the good people of Axel, I finally placed my slightly expanded order:

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood - Sacred Star Of Milos
Legend Of The Legendary Heroes - Part 2 (Limited Edition) Blu-ray / DVD
Black Butler II - Complete Second Season (Limited Edition)
Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo - Complete Series Part 1
K-On ! Complete Collection (Anime Legends)

Also grabbed the other volume of DenYuuDen from TRSI, along with Okami-san and the Occult Academy set which seemed to have popped up out of nowhere on the site (saw it listed before any announcement appeared). Since I was there spending money anyway, it made sense.

R

Back