The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

Ordered The Tatami Galaxy and My-HiME (anime Legends) - most annoying since I own the first four DVD volumes and buying the collection costs less than getting the last few single releases.

My monthly Planetaxel order,

Blu-ray
Sekirei - Complete Series (Blu Ray / DVD Combo)
Dream Eater Merry Complete Collection
Squid Girl - Season 1 (Complete Collection)
Mardock Scramble (Director's Cut)
Fairy Tail - Part 4 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)
Dragonball Z Kai - Season One Part Seven
Infinite Stratos (Complete Collection)

DVD
Mobile Suit Gundam Complete - Collection 2
Sands Of Destruction - Complete Series - Save
Code Geass - Lelouch Of The Rebellion R2 *

Ordered the following from an Amazon UK trader,
Mobile Suit Gundam Complete - Collection 1

* If Code Geass R2 ships I'll need to cancel my preorder with HMV.

Oooh I'm torn, I've never seen Cowboy Bebop... to buy or not to buy...

Edit: Also had to laugh a bit. Dvd.co.uk said the other day they'd shipped me Bamboo Blade Part 2 as Part 1 was on backorder, which mirrors thier order status.

What turns up today? Bamboo Blade...Part 1.

I've cancelled the order for Part 1, incase they send me a second copy, and to try and get the order amended incase for whatever reason I need to return the item.

A couple of hours ago I signed up with SkyBet and got a free £10 bet. Put that free £10 on Bolton vs. Arsenal ending in a draw. Bolton vs. Arsenal ends in a draw. I win £28. I buy House of Five Leaves.

fabricatedlunatic said:
A couple of hours ago I signed up with SkyBet and got a free £10 bet. Put that free £10 on Bolton vs. Arsenal ending in a draw. Bolton vs. Arsenal ends in a draw. I win £28. I buy House of Five Leaves.

I'm impressed. If only I could muster such productivity, and that was a fine choice of reward.

R

Thanks Rui, indirectly you're helping to keep my job viable (I work for a better/racing provider, and Sky are one of our bigger contracts on one side of the business)

I work for a company who do camera work, racetrack broadcasting and a few other bits and pieces. I'm just on the support side :)

I don't actually gamble etc, but indirectly, well, it pays my wage somewhere along the line.

I'd probably struggle to identify two football(?) teams in the first place, let alone manage to put together a strategic bet with a chance of paying off. Actually, my other half works in gambling as well...

Today I bought:

Queen's Blade Vocal Album
Idolm@ster v5 blu-ray LE

...and paid for reshipping for my Tiger & Bunny v1 drama CD pack thing.

Also grabbed the Garden of Sinners DVD box from France, just for the OSTs. It seems like a better deal than getting the compilation album.

This lot will be ordered from Axel as soon as they reply to my desperate message and add Sebastian to their website:

Legend of the Legendary Heroes part 2 (will get part 1 from TRSI for the bonus item)
Black Butler II
K-On! (Anime Legends collection because I don't care)

Badly need to find something to sink some Axel points into. They removed all of the stuff I wanted to get from the list.

R

alexrose1uk said:
I work for a company who do camera work, racetrack broadcasting and a few other bits and pieces. I'm just on the support side :)
Aha, fair enough!

Rui said:
Actually, my other half works in gambling as well...
What does he do, if you don't mind me asking?

Legend of the Legendary Heroes part 2 (will get part 1 from TRSI for the bonus item)
Is the bonus item something nice? I guess I could just check their site but... yeah.

ilmaestro said:
What does he do, if you don't mind me asking?

Software development for various online betting systems. It seems like a good industry to be involved in.

Is the bonus item something nice? I guess I could just check their site but... yeah.

It hasn't been announced yet, but I'm a sucker for cheap and tacky goodies. I'll let you know if it's anything exciting when they decide.

R

I imagine gambling would have soared due to people getting desperate for money these days, so they're more willing to take risks with those kind of things.

Actually, it's really not. Whilst you get a percentage who'll bet on anything, and I mean anything (Virtual Betting is getting pretty big...), from my viewpoint a lot of independents have gone out of business/been bought out by the big groups (Dones/Ladbrokes/Galacoral/Hills and a few smaller groups) in the last few years :(
Obviously I'm just a little cog in a very big wheel, but that'd be my viewpoint.

alexrose1uk said:
Actually, it's really not. Whilst you get a percentage who'll bet on anything, and I mean anything (Virtual Betting is getting pretty big...), from my viewpoint a lot of independents have gone out of business/been bought out by the big groups (Dones/Ladbrokes/Galacoral/Hills and a few smaller groups) in the last few years :(
Obviously I'm just a little cog in a very big wheel, but that'd be my viewpoint.
Isn't that business now as a whole though? Independents being eaten up by the big ones.

Back