The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

animefreak17 said:
@mangaman74 jesus christ thats a load

ilmaestro said:
I believe that's called "not holding back" on a first order. :lol:

It's probably similar to what I'd normally buy only with the new shipping terms I am ordering it all together instead of several single item orders throughout the month.

Joshawott said:
mangaman74 said:
First order from Planetaxel with the new shipping terms,
New shipping terms?

http://www.planetaxel.com/support/conte ... -fees.html

Instead of fees based on weight, they recently changed the terms (check them out using the above link). There is now a per shipment charge plus a per item charge (on the plus side you get 500 axel points).

So basically there is more benefit to saving up and buying in bulk now, as opposed to buying just one single thing from PlanetAxel

Ergo Proxy [DVD] (AOL Deal of the week)

Dragonball VIZBIG 1 - 3

TheLasersharkKH said:
So basically there is more benefit to saving up and buying in bulk now, as opposed to buying just one single thing from PlanetAxel

There is more benefit in buying in bulk yes. Also you benefit if you buy heavy items (such as box sets) as there is only 1 per item rate so the per item cost of a standard dvd is the same as an 18 dvd box set - looking back at my order Chaos Head (4 discs) and Heaven's Lost Property (5 discs) had the same per item charge as Demon City Shinjuku (1 disc).

Twelve Kingdoms Vol. 1 BD from Amazon US. I got $10 to spend for answering a survey a month or so ago, and it seemed cheap at $28.99 anyway. $18.99 is even better.

A fine choice, Sir. Twelve Kingdoms gets the coveted Lunatic Seal of Approval. The BD is supposed to be excellent, as well, which can't be said for all Media Blasters releases.

I have bought nothing but am worryingly close to ordering Oreimo. Halp.

Tiger & Bunny blu-ray LE v8. Almost done.

Also slung in a Sound Horizon CD for good measure. And somehow two seiyuu radio CDs also fell into my cart >_>

R

fabricatedlunatic said:
I have bought nothing but am worryingly close to ordering Oreimo. Halp.
This is good, when you finally click "confirm order" you will feel the relaxing imouto flowing through you and... I should probably stop now before you cancel it, right?

Funimation listed their January stuff, so I made another TRSI order. Unfortunately their January listings are pretty rubbish.

Hetalia s3 LE (YEAH)
Chaos;Head (what the heck, may as well)
Wallflower (sick of people saying the main character reminds them of me)
Lupin III Fuuma Conspiracy (somehow, I didn't have this on DVD)

For once I was wise and did not put something I'm itching to order with stuff which will ship in January. Hopefully there'll be a Bandai or Sentai sale up next for me to get the more urgent things.

R

Rui said:
For once I was wise and did not put something I'm itching to order with stuff which will ship in January.
Is that because you already did that for January with Kimi ni Todoke? ^^;

Semi-tempted by B-gata H-kei, but the only thing I'm actually going to order is the Phantom BD set - I will go ahead and list this as another "why are Funi the worst possible company in the world" though, coming so soon after the DVD sets and in total contradiction to their usual BD/DVD combi pack strategy, but I guess who knows what went on behind the scenes with this release. Either way, it should have been delayed until at least next year if they had any sense.

"Fortunately", my order for the second DVD set is waiting to ship with Utena v.3 in December, so it's only going to cost me about $8.10 more to get the BDs instead.

edit: possibly done and dusted. Sent trsi another email saying "please mess about with these orders", anyway. >_>

ilmaestro said:
Is that because you already did that for January with Kimi ni Todoke? ^^;

I'm mostly sad about AoEx and OreImo being marooned until the Hetalia movie appears. Maybe it will ship early ;_;

AoEx 2 will hold up KnT regardless for me.

Annoying about Phantom. Not for me, as I didn't buy it, but the blu-ray situation is making everything needlessly complicated these days.

I'm hoping for a Bandai sale tomorrow so I can finally nab Star Driver and a couple of other things, though I might just buy it without a sale if it's Sentai instead, as padding for some other bits.

R

Are Right Stuf still doing that $5/item thing? Someone here mentioned that the company had told them it was coming to an end, so I've been weary of using them of late.

B-Gata H-Kei (I can't quite bring myself to use its English title) is something I've been looking forward to for ages, so that'll be pre-ordered somewhere. As for Phantom, I'll stick with my original plan and stick Manga's second volume into my half-filled box.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Are Right Stuf still doing that $5/item thing? Someone here mentioned that the company had told them it was coming to an end, so I've been weary of using them of late.

They're definitely still doing it; aside from that one post I've not heard any indication they'll be stopping any time soon (I'll be the first to squeal in agony here if they do ;_; ).

R

fabricatedlunatic said:

That'd be me.

I was merely repeating what Shawne told me. Currently it's luck of the draw with the warehouse staff who packs your order, some of them do the $5/item others list them at full value. Eventually the company which insures their shipments will force Shawne to stop doing it but for now you're safe.

I spoke to Shawne back in February and he said this:

It is becoming harder and harder for us to value packages lower than the actual value as the customs people have gotten smarter. They can check online stores and such looking for pricing. At some point, we'll probably lose the ability to value these at anything other than what they are purchased at. But at the moment, there has not been any change, so I am guessing this was a clerical error by the shipping firm.

(Note: My e-mail was about an actual clerical error, where a shipment was valued at $2600 ;) needless to say I got the charges on that back...)

I've yet to ever receive anything from them not valued at the $5 rate, and there are enough items in the Bargain Bin to make that a not-implausible declaration. Especially given how cheap local DVDs are nowadays anyway.

If they do change one day, I'll just go back to making massive orders instead of sneaking through in tiny batches. Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

R

Everything I've had from them since I started using them a few months ago has been $5/item.

If they do change, I'll go back to ordering from DVD Pacific and the like. The only things they have over DVDP are exclusive titles and being able to come in under customs (after the limit reduction hits) - otherwise shopping at DVDP is like shopping at TRSI if they had a studio sale on for every studio, all the time. Planet Axel would probably see a lot more of my business, too.

Where do you make your import purchases from usually, Fabby?

sean morrison said:
Eureka seven collection 2 and then I decided to broaden my viewing range from serious and shonen shows so I ordered wagnaria and oreimo.
Two excellent choices for you, there, I hope you enjoy them both!

fabricatedlunatic said:
B-Gata H-Kei (I can't quite bring myself to use its English title)
I don't even think I want to know. D:

Rui said:
I'm hoping for a Bandai sale tomorrow so I can finally nab Star Driver and a couple of other things, though I might just buy it without a sale if it's Sentai instead, as padding for some other bits.
My lack of experience with TRSI will show here - do they roll straight into another studio sale, all the time? Since I already ordered Star Driver with some Funi sale stuff, will they shout at me if it's a Bandai sale and I say "can I get the discounted price on Star Driver please"?

Back