Yesterday:

FMP: Fumoffu (thinpack set, R1, sealed) - £12 [eBay]

.hack//Another Birth (Vol. 1-4) - £14.41 / £3.50-£3.70 each [TBD]
Gankutsuou (Vol. 1) - £5.80 [TBD]

Today:

Naruto (R1 box sets 2, 4, 6 & 7) - £40/£10 each [eBay]

Tsubasa (Vol. 1-4) - £8 [eBay]

----------

I'm still waiting for my last TBD order (NHK novel + Vol. 1-3 of Confidential Confessions).

Gundam War In The Pocket set. I'm on a major Gundam kick suddenly.

Going to buy Witchblade and Emma s2 this evening then circulate my wishlist to my family for Christmas and stop buying DVDs.

R

Didn't you guys find War in the Pocket very predictable though? It's not bad but as soon as you find out Chris is the pilot of Gundam Alex you pretty much know how it's going to end.

Last edited by a moderator:
ayase said:
Didn't you guys find War in the Pocket very predictable though? It's not bad but as soon as you find out Chris is the pilot of Gundam Alex you pretty much know how it's going to end.

Actually i watched it knowing that, the description that was up on the offical gundam website, obviously they didn't know what a spoiler was :p of course i liked the ending how it was far from a happy ending, seeing as Bernie didn't even have to go into the fight since the war was over he could of lived happily ever after with Chris Besides its far less predictable then the other Gundam OVAs :p

I thought the end was good (very reflective of the futility of war) but still, they could have made it less predictable (and probably more harrowing) by say not actually revealing that Chris was the Alex's pilot 'til the very end.

And if the other OVAs are more predictable than WITP... Well, I was quite looking forward to 08th MS Team but I'm not so sure now. :?

Oh don't be put off, i should of said that i found them more predictable, but only you can be the best judge :wink: I probably would of guessed that she was the pilot anyway, besides people would of complained far too much if it just came out of left field

Personally i view the Gundam OVAs like this

War in the Pocket
08th MS Team
0083 Stardust Memories

...Oh dear we kinda derailed this thread didn't we?

Ah, let 'em complain. I love it when controversial and unexpected stuff hapens that makes loads of people go off on a rant. "OMG how cud they do dis!!?!" :lol:

And if anyone asks the Gundam talk is all Rui's fault. ;)

I'll attempt to re-rail the topic:
Higurashi (When They Cry) Volume 4.

Just bought The Girl Who Leapt Through Time too myself to help fix this thread and atone for my sins ;)

Good to hear that that OAV is generally liked - curious to see what I'll think about it now!

R

ayase said:
Didn't you guys find War in the Pocket very predictable though?
Yes, but it didn't affect my enjoyment. I'm one of those weirdos who enjoys the journey as much as, if not more than, the destination. I've been spoiled on the My-Hime ending, for instance, but I'm still buying the collection.

08th MS Team will be my next Gundam purchase. It's being re-released in February, yay.

fabricatedlunatic said:
ayase said:
Yes, but it didn't affect my enjoyment. I'm one of those weirdos who enjoys the journey as much as, if not more than, the destination.
Me too but I like my journeys to be more Grand Theft Auto than Microsoft Train Simulator if you get my meaning. ;)

fabricatedlunatic said:
08th MS Team will be my next Gundam purchase. It's being re-released in February, yay.
In a new format or just another print run? If it's a totally new release any chance of a link?

ayase said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
ayase said:
Yes, but it didn't affect my enjoyment. I'm one of those weirdos who enjoys the journey as much as, if not more than, the destination.
Me too but I like my journeys to be more Grand Theft Auto than Microsoft Train Simulator if you get my meaning. ;)

fabricatedlunatic said:
In a new format or just another print run? If it's a totally new release any chance of a link?

Yeah as i've been wanting to own the 8th MS team if its getting a new release i'm there.

ayase said:
I see what you're saying, but I didn't have a particular problem with it. Bernie's death was foreshadowed the moment Chris was revealed as the Gundam pilot, but I think it was deliberate and effective attempt to instill a sense of tragic inevitability. It worked for me, anyway :)

Just another print run, I believe, with a lower price point. It was announced at AnimeOnDVD a couple of days ago.

fabricatedlunatic said:
ayase said:
I see what you're saying, but I didn't have a particular problem with it. Bernie's death was foreshadowed the moment Chris was revealed as the Gundam pilot, but I think it was deliberate and effective attempt to instill a sense of tragic inevitability. It worked for me, anyway :)

Just another print run, I believe, with a lower price point. It was announced at AnimeOnDVD a couple of days ago.

I see cool, well i'll still try and get it, apart from the new MS IGLOO there wasn't many animated gundam productions focusing on the grunts :) Also i agree with you about that though as i said i knew more or less what was going to happen though the kids face at the end when he sees what's happened is tragic

Back