The Anime Limited Mystery Box 2017 Hauls (Items in Spoiler Buttons)

Love my Blu Ray box.

What was in the DVD one please guys?

Great news over the voucher. I’d love a cd.

Received my DVD mystery box today, inside was

same Art Cards and 10% discount voucher as Blu Ray set
Tiger & Bunny The Beginning LE Combi Pack
Psycho Pass the Movie
Persona 3 the Movie #1 Spring of Birth
Assassination Classroom Series 1 Part 1
Durarara Complete Series 1
Nerima Daikon Brothers Complete Series

In what should come as a surprise to no-one, my blu-ray "mystery" has still not arrived. My brother's did though, so I watched him open his before I had the remaining three items spoilered for me. i'm not optimistic mine will arrive on the 27th either. I'm incredibly disappointed by how AL handled this.

My thoughts on the titles are as follows:

Your Lie in April Part 1 - Not a bad offering, but I already have two copies so i'll be trading this in when/if my box arrives
Samurai Flamenco Part 1 - An insult that a slot was wasted on this release. Literally just dumping stock they can't shift on us under the guise of a bargain. And I already have it anyway. I'll be trading it in.
Tokyo Marble Chocolate - Already have it, but a decent inclusion. I was hoping for the standard CE of Anthem of the Heart though. I'll be trading it in.
Free Eternal Summer - Bit of a dick move, considering we don't even know whether AL still have the rights for Season 1, but I'm glad it was included.
Tiger and Bunny The Beginnning - I'm pretty sure everyone who has ever bought anime has this release, so it's another wasted slot. I'll be trading it in.
Eden of the East - Excellent inclusion. Haven't been able to justify buying as it's the same discs as Manga's release, so I'm glad it's included.
Blood Blockade Battlefront / Lord Marksman and Vanadis - Considering Anime Limited's own store spoilered the inclusion of this one, I'm going to be incredibly pissed off if my box doesn't include BBB. My brother's didn't and I've already had to lend him money to buy it elsewhere as it went from plenty of stock to OOP through the day 12 sale.

I'm quite annoyed Black Butler season 3 isn't included, they could've included it in one of the other 11 days of the sale, but no.

Mine didn't arrive today either, but given how off the post has been all week due to all the Christmas stuff, I'm not surprised. I can wait...

Mine didn't arrive either, knew it would be 50/50 getting here before Christmas anyway. Hope I didn't get the substitution as like @Lambadelta I ordered mine bang on 9am. Bit annoying that it seems to be random whether you get the substitution or not.

It is weird they decided to do it randomly with who got the original title, and who got the substitute

As it's a mystery box, there wasn't any expectation on what anyone ordering would receive, and we certainly never promoted the idea that people would benefit from or otherwise be treated differently by ordering early.

Beyond that, assigning boxes by order number/time would have required more storage space and additional logistics around box production, labeling and shipping which would likely have delayed those shipments further ultimately.

By keeping things random we didn't discriminate by time or order, customer name, or how much they like Hidamari Sketch (even if I favoured using the last one as a metric to what was shipped first ;)) and we felt that was fairest - we're sorry if some people didn't get a title they wanted as a result though, and it's another learning step in terms of how we organise (and produce) these mystery boxes in future.

As it's a mystery box, there wasn't any expectation on what anyone ordering would receive, and we certainly never promoted the idea that people would benefit from or otherwise be treated differently by ordering early.

Beyond that, assigning boxes by order number/time would have required more storage space and additional logistics around box production, labeling and shipping which would likely have delayed those shipments further ultimately.

By keeping things random we didn't discriminate by time or order, customer name, or how much they like Hidamari Sketch (even if I favoured using the last one as a metric to what was shipped first ;)) and we felt that was fairest - we're sorry if some people didn't get a title they wanted as a result though, and it's another learning step in terms of how we organise (and produce) these mystery boxes in future.
Fair points, but your own webshop spoilered the BBB inclusion, and you subbed down instead of subbing up.

The only duplicate for me is Flamenco, as it's the only time I received a production copy to review as opposed to just a screener disc.

Don't have any real problems with the titles. This is an incredibly generous offer from such a niche company (big names like Disney have money to wipe their **** with and they don't offer deals like this). I get a bunch of titles I might not have had the money to take a risk on otherwise.

I would have thought logically if you were doing 500 boxes you would have 500 of what you planned to put it in anyway

You concluded that it did, that was never something we explicitly stated.

That's your personal opinion; other's mileage may vary.
It was in stock before the sale. It was in the nearly OOP section and OOS immediately after the sale. Conclusions did not need to be drawn.

You subbed down in terms of SRP, and AL store selling price.

In what should come as a surprise to no-one, my blu-ray "mystery" has still not arrived. My brother's did though, so I watched him open his before I had the remaining three items spoilered for me. i'm not optimistic mine will arrive on the 27th either. I'm incredibly disappointed by how AL handled this.

In fairness there's not much more we could have done - we all worked overtime through the weekend on our own days off to make sure all of the boxes went out before Christmas for the Blu-Ray ones. They all went out as Andy tweeted before the cut-off date for the Royal Mail last postage date by Christmas so beyond that there's not much we could do. Especially as we already resolved to fulfil that day's orders ourselves to make sure they left as quickly as possible for folks.

Not sure what else we could have done to be honest this year, but rest assured we are constantly looking at how to streamline processes for future years :).

I'm quite annoyed Black Butler season 3 isn't included, they could've included it in one of the other 11 days of the sale, but no.

That was outside of the remit insofar as it came out in June time I'm afraid - it requires a really special exception to break that rule :).

Also regarding Samurai Flamenco and TB The Beginning - those were bonus extras we opted to add in, so there's no guarantees future boxes will have 7 slots, it may well be 5 again and just we'll draw lots for who chooses for which boxes :).

AP

Back