The All Purpose Mobile Suit Gundam Thread

I'll have to buy to encourage more of this kind of thing, though if Beez want to declare a potential release now to channel my money to them I'm all ears :)

R

For HdE, Bandai Entertainment (USA) posted this on their Facebook page:

San Diego Comic-Con is next week...maybe we'll have announcements? \(^o^)/

Hmmm~ let's visit TV Tropes for some descriptions for one of the announcements next week...

"Go Out With A Smile", "Humans Are Warriors", "New Age Retro Hippie"...randomly picked those..

...which people have taken to mean Turn A is next up on the licensing table.

R

Ah, much obliged, Rui.

And now, if you'll permit me:

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I so, so, SO hope this turns out to be a true rumour!

If they license Turn A I'd gladly buy it, providing Beez get the license, of course. I might actually import this one if not.

EDIT: Oh also, I started Zeta up around late March time through ANN's stream to celebrate Gundam Unicorn are all of the streams done with now? Otherwise I pretty much missed my only chance to see Zeta for free since I put it on-hold after RahXephon killed my motivation for an entire month.

Lupus said:
If they license Turn A I'd gladly buy it, providing Beez get the license, of course. I might actually import this one if not.

EDIT: Oh also, I started Zeta up around late March time through ANN's stream to celebrate Gundam Unicorn are all of the streams done with now? Otherwise I pretty much missed my only chance to see Zeta for free since I put it on-hold after RahXephon killed my motivation for an entire month.
excepting Gundam wing on CR they're all gone now.

The scale of my Gundamgasm just went WAY off the charts!

YES! This is good news. VERY good news!

Turn A Gundam, say what you will about it, is an important part of the franchise. With the talents of Syd Mead and Yoko Kanno on board, plus the attempts made to do something different with the franchise itself, it's a very welcome addition to the shows already available in the west.

And now we play the waiting game to see what's said about it by Beez. Hopefully it'll appear over here in time.

Just seen this on ANN myself, this is fantastic news, absolutely fantastic!

Turn A is a fantastic with a very good production crew as HdE stated. Most people who slate it are people who have never seen and have built an asumption based on the Turn A design.

Still hope (however small) that the rest of the franchise may get released.

I really enjoyed Turn-A when I watched it last year, I'm just glad I didn't waste a load of discs burning the series to DVD, now I can buy them with good quality! I honestly never saw this happening... Fingers cross for ZZ? (Can't believe I'm saying that!)

Rui said:
I'll have to buy to encourage more of this kind of thing, though if Beez want to declare a potential release now to channel my money to them I'm all ears :)

R

Consider this a potential release - I'll look into it anyway over the next week or two :). Knew it was coming for a bit though for the USA, was still deciding here tho - do you guys want it on Anime Legends?

Assuming a release like every other 50 episode series, 2 x 25 episodes at £24.99 RRP each?

Andrew

beez_andrew said:
Consider this a potential release - I'll look into it anyway over the next week or two :). Knew it was coming for a bit though for the USA, was still deciding here tho - do you guys want it on Anime Legends?

Assuming a release like every other 50 episode series, 2 x 25 episodes at £24.99 RRP each?

Andrew

Andrew, if you can get this announced before I slap down my money for the R1s, I'll buy it in any form from blank paper sleeves to a deluxe gold-plated box set to support more slightly quirky mecha shows coming over here :)

That tentative pricing plan sounds very reasonable, a good dose of new (in translated terms) Gundam anime for £24.99 a pop.

R

Rui said:
Andrew, if you can get this announced before I slap down my money for the R1s, I'll buy it in any form from blank paper sleeves to a deluxe gold-plated box set to support more slightly quirky mecha shows coming over here :)

I concur :)

I would buy it in a heart beat on UK Anime Legends, same goes for G Gundam, which was released in the US Anime Legends range, but so far not here.

beez_andrew said:

YES PLEASE!!!

Ahem, can we have ZZ, X and Victory too, pleez..?

And IGLOO.

HdE said:
beez_andrew said:

YES PLEASE!!!

Ahem, can we have ZZ, X and Victory too, pleez..?

And IGLOO.

What he said :)

oh and if its not too much bother the original SD Shorts...along with the Astray shorts and i guess Stargazer...

For something I've been waiting for so much, I would only buy the UK release if it was as "nice" as the US release, so if they got something "cool" I wouldn't buy an anime legends release over here.

Back