The 3DS(updated Page 7)

@Godot: For the likes of Gold/Silver, it's unnecessary i agree because we have HS and SS, however, the point of the virtual console is so that people who remember old classics on the GB/GBC and if it is going to be on it, GBA, to be able to play them once again. It's not always about new games after all, sometimes the old classics are so much better, and i think that's kinda what Nintendo have been aiming at with the Virtual Console in general, and they have done it well.

Arbalest said:
@Godot: For the likes of Gold/Silver, it's unnecessary i agree because we have HS and SS, however, the point of the virtual console is so that people who remember old classics on the GB/GBC and if it is going to be on it, GBA, to be able to play them once again. It's not always about new games after all, sometimes the old classics are so much better, and i think that's kinda what Nintendo have been aiming at with the Virtual Console in general, and they have done it well.

I can't help but see another remake of Red/Blue just being some more milking of the games. I really don't see the problem with FR/LG, but heck, if people are willing to pay 3 times for a game, who am I to question them?

Godot said:
Arbalest said:

I can't help but see another remake of Red/Blue just being some more milking of the games. I really don't see the problem with FR/LG, but heck, if people are willing to pay 3 times for a game, who am I to question them?

Well the thing is, if the virtual console does actually include GBA games, then it is quite likely that FR/LG will be ported to the 3DS, and not remade AGAIN. Keep in mind, buying pre-DS games is hella hard now unless you ebay it, so the VC would allow for people to buy the games again, not remade, just as they where when originally released.

Hmmm...everything's a bit weird with the 3DS. Yes, it does look amazing and seems to have great specs and a good line-up (weird how they couldn't do all that for the wii isn't it?!)

Well the consensus is that it will easily be £200+ over here due to tax rates and the fact that everything is usually slightly more expensive here anyway.

One thing I want to know is:

Does anyone know whether they are reigon free or not?

If they are then I might consider an import if it works out as cheaper.

Although it's good, I don't know if I really want to pay that much at launch. Also what makes me a bit more negative is the fact that Iwata said that they made the price higher because there was good interest at E3, which pisses me off a bit.

The games that I would get for it:

- Kid Icarus
- Starfox (It's lylat wars with improved graphics - it could also lead to a sequel in that style)
- Paper Mario (it's looking more like an RPG like thousand year door)

But until we get a price for the UK the jury is still out and even then I'm not sure I will get it on release due to the price.

Churchy99 said:
Also what makes me a bit more negative is the fact that Iwata said that they made the price higher because there was good interest at E3, which pisses me off a bit.
I didn't mind that. It's logical for them to step it up a bit if they are gonna sell well.

I'm not the least bit surprised. If I knew something I made would sell well I'd up the price a bit. Let's face it, they're going to sell loads anyway.

For some reason I have a feeling they put the price up...A LOT and I know that's just speculation but something doesn't feel quite right. I've talked to quite a few people and I imagine the price will put some people off (hell even some hardcore fans I know are unsure). Lets face it, that happened with the Playstation 3.

I just want more confirmation on how much everything's going to cost. If the console is quite expensive but the games are cheap in comparison then that would make it better but for some reason I have a bad feeling about this.

Firstly, Nintendo have a weird kind of routine, in that Most, if not all of the DS consoles they've released outwith japan has been cheaper than what japan got it for, so i could see that continuing myself. If you just go by what it is at the moment, you're hitting £188. If they do release it for cheaper than japan, then i could see it probably hitting at the least, 170, but it's hard to say still.

To be fair though, every handheld they've release has steadily been higher in price than the last, heck the DSi XL was 20000 yen in japan, but apparently the US got it something like $30 less than what the exchange suggested.

NoE and NoA are still to make the announcement at least, so my guess is the prices and such are still being discussed.

Maxon said:
I'm not the least bit surprised. If I knew something I made would sell well I'd up the price a bit. Let's face it, they're going to sell loads anyway.

Of course it's not surprising, but the bare-faced honesty is not really a good thing in this case. It comes off sounding like "you'll buy it anyway" which is kind of arrogant to assume. I think we should all just never get excited openly again for anything =P

I find myself questioning nintendo more and more lately. I mean the first misstep IMO was the game boy micro. It was nothing but a show off device. Why anyone would buy it over an SP (which could play GB-GBC games) or DS (which could play DS games) was beyond me and the second being the DSi. I honestly don't know of anyone who thought "You know what this DS needs? A camera and lack of GBA support!" Have there been ANY stellar games for the DSi? ANY!?

Or you could just wait for a price reduction... or considering that this is a Nintendo handheld, any of the much needed hardware revisions they'll make further down the line.

Seriously, if there isn't a 3DS+ with a better and bigger 3D screen at some point in the machine's lifecycle, the Mayans were right.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Of course it's not surprising, but the bare-faced honesty is not really a good thing in this case. It comes off sounding like "you'll buy it anyway" which is kind of arrogant to assume. I think we should all just never get excited openly again for anything =P

I find myself questioning nintendo more and more lately. I mean the first misstep IMO was the game boy micro. It was nothing but a show off device. Why anyone would buy it over an SP (which could play GB-GBC games) or DS (which could play DS games) was beyond me and the second being the DSi. I honestly don't know of anyone who thought "You know what this DS needs? A camera and lack of GBA support!" Have there been ANY stellar games for the DSi? ANY!?

That's pretty much what I was getting at. It just sounds a bit high and mighty and weird considering Nintendo's approach as of late has been to encorporate everyone into playing games.

Also I agree whole heartedly with what you said about the GBA Micro and the DSi. If the DSi was the DSi and there was nothing extra then I might have understood a little bit more but again I see them as pointless. I've always been happy with my DS Lite.

I just want them to announce the damn price already. Also I find it odd that it isn't coming out for christmas. Maybe everything's not ready but the way they were talking about it suggested that they chose not to release it for christmas which I think is a bad move!

Anyway we shall see 3DS, we shall see.

Out of interest what are the titles that people think look the most fun at the minute?

kupocake said:
Or you could just wait for a price reduction... or considering that this is a Nintendo handheld, any of the much needed hardware revisions they'll make further down the line.

Seriously, if there isn't a 3DS+ with a better and bigger 3D screen at some point in the machine's lifecycle, the Mayans were right.
Yes, but with this attitude no-one would ever buy a TV, a PC... even a microwave or a kettle might be a push.

ilmaestro said:
Yes, but with this attitude no-one would ever buy a TV, a PC... even a microwave or a kettle might be a push.

There'll always be people that want to buy things as soon as they're released. That's why this things price will drop within 3-6 months by a good chunk. Market skimming.

Godot said:
ilmaestro said:

There'll always be people that want to buy things as soon as they're released. That's why this things price will drop within 3-6 months by a good chunk. Market skimming.
Yeah, there's no way the price will drop for this inside the first year. *Maybe* something in time for Christmas 2011 at the earliest, but even that I doubt. The Wii has only had its first price drop very recently, and even then not a significant one.

ilmaestro said:
Godot said:
ilmaestro said:

Yeah, there's no way the price will drop for this inside the first year. *Maybe* something in time for Christmas 2011 at the earliest, but even that I doubt. The Wii has only had its first price drop very recently, and even then not a significant one.

I don't know, I seriously think it could. I don't think people will be so willing to pay outta the ass on a handheld. I think we could see £30-50 in the first 6 months come off.

Honestly, I don't think you've been watching how well Nintendo's hardware sells these days. I could *maybe* see it coming down to £170 (presuming it streets at £190), but even then I would think a £190 bundle with a game or something would be more likely first. I would be shocked to see it hit £150 before 2012.

Back