The 3DS(updated Page 7)

Arbalest

黒い剣士
For those who can't be bothered to run through the 7 pages of E3 epic and not-so epicness. Here is Nintendos biggest surprise of the conference. I give you, the 3DS:

6265250_screen015.jpg

6265250_screen017.jpg

The new handheld console by Nintendo will not require the use of 3D glasses to play whatsoever. It will feature a slider which lets you choose how intense the 3D experience is, from maximum, to none at all. It also comes with a gyro-sensor and motion-sensor. The analog stick is actually a slide pad as well. They considered the idea of the touch screen in 3D, but they said that wouldn't work, so only the top screen is as such. Not only that, it has full compatibility with the DSi and can play DS games BC wise. The two camera lenses are to let it take 3D pictures, something which noone else has done so far. Graphically enhanced too, you could say to the same power as that on the PS2. It can also play movies in 3D, featured ones came from the likes of Disney Pixar, Warner Bros and dreamworks.

This may sound like it won't work, but from the general overview of those able to witness it on the conference floor, it seems to be very much positive.

They announced with it Kid Icarus: Uprising which was previously deemed Project Sora. Along with this, they have announced that at least 21 3rd party game creators have already started working with the device, and as such, there is already a total of 73 titles set for the 3DS shown here.

Iwata said that the 3DS has automatic communication no matter what game is being played and that it can be used to give new stages, quests, and rankings to players. And to top it all off, there would be no monthly fee for it either

I'll add more details as they become available

I wish they'd had more games/ examples of how 3d would work on actual display. I'd rather no announcement than just name dropping, it gets me excited and then angry at no footage =P

That said Kid Icarus, while I'm not mega-interested, had VERY good graphics, I was impressed. It was pretty much Wii quality...which doesn't say much for the wii... though not Wii at its best, like Brawl, but better than any given third party Wii title

I am so freaking hyped for this. I just hope the 3D feature doesn't give eye cancer.
Sparrowsabre7 said:
That said Kid Icarus, while I'm not mega-interested, had VERY good graphics, I was impressed. It was pretty much Wii quality...which doesn't say much for the wii... though not Wii at its best, like Brawl, but better than any given third party Wii title
Brawl is far away from what the Wii is capable of. Brawl is actually pretty ****** when you compare it graphically to other games, like Metroid Prime 3. Still, you shouldn't care about graphics in the long run. It's whether you enjoy the game or not that matters.

Zelgadis said:
I am so freaking hyped for this. I just hope the 3D feature doesn't give eye cancer.
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Brawl is far away from what the Wii is capable of. Brawl is actually pretty ****** when you compare it graphically to other games, like Metroid Prime 3. Still, you shouldn't care about graphics in the long run. It's whether you enjoy the game or not that matters.

Well I don't have a wii soo... Yeah I agree Gameplay always >>>> graphics, it's just impressive the power it DOES have =)

stuart-says-yes said:
Forget Kid Icarus, you favourite N64 game has been remade in 3D, bringing the total of announced games for the 3DS to 74.

It's.................... The Ocarina of Time

I can now go back to my fanboy ways and be all giddy for Ocarina of Time again. Hoorah!

I want a 3DS. Now.

Arbalest said:
i thought that the graphics we saw for Kid Icarus where something, but i was wrong. I just saw what resident evil looks like, so here is a couple of screens.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/vi ... &id=233245

I want to know who that new lass is

they also show us a video of snake eater being played, viewable here

Already seen the Snake Eater stuff, the way it looks 3d at times despite not being viewed first hand is impressive.

As for RE; F***. Me. Sideways. If that is in game then woah. The 3DS has skyrocketed from "eh sounds ok" to "OMFG I MUST HAVE YOU NOW!" in the space of 3 days. (single complaint: boo no Leon or Wesker =()

The actual 'level' of technology is an interesting one. Snake Eater proves (if it's the full thing) that it is PS2 quality, but those Resident Evil screens look like top tier Gamecube stuff. Once again, if it's true.

When that bee appeared on the snake eater demo I 'sort of' saw the 3D effect.

Max Takeshi said:
The actual 'level' of technology is an interesting one. Snake Eater proves (if it's the full thing) that it is PS2 quality, but those Resident Evil screens look like top tier Gamecube stuff. Once again, if it's true.

When that bee appeared on the snake eater demo I 'sort of' saw the 3D effect.

Yeah that's what I was talking about the bee =). ANd I think it's cos Snake Eater is a remake, that might have something to do with it. Plus if you see the official screens it does look GC quality.

Nice sounding console. Nothing instantly grabbing me on the game side... which is just as well, because it's always worth waiting for the second iteration of a Nintendo handheld. The 3D screen is something that can and will be improved upon without having to meddle with the basic specifications.

It has a small print....*3D affect will either send you cross eyed, or for those who are already cross eyed, you'll be able to see 360 degrees at all times*

lol in fairness, it does sound good... i might put some money towards buying it if the graphics are nearly ps2 quality... but one thing i'd like to know is: which area of the ps2's life are they refering to? because the FF games at the end of the ps2's life/just as the ps3 was about to be released where much higher quality graphics than they where when the console was first released.

anyone know what i mean?

I find it hard to get terribly excited about videogames lately but the 3DS has reinvigorated my interest by a long shot.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/83VnVLxgAfY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/83VnVLxgAfY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

These graphics are astounding for a hand-held and the hardware used to make them is clearly going to show with the price but I'm more than willing to pay for the combination of great innovation that the DS traditionally does and stellar graphics.

As for my other non-3DS highlight, Kirby… it’s disturbingly cute:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KvULlC9c7xg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KvULlC9c7xg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Kirby seems to be Ninty's guinea pig. First turning him ino a ball, then into string. MY GOD WHAT IS NEXT FOR THE POOR CREATURE! (though he is a vicious omnivore, devouring EVERYHING in his path between him and cake)

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Kirby seems to be Ninty's guinea pig. First turning him ino a ball, then into string. MY GOD WHAT IS NEXT FOR THE POOR CREATURE! (though he is a vicious omnivore, devouring EVERYHING in his path between him and cake)

The chap is indeed a menace.

screengrab_480.jpg

He has his own tank for crying out loud.

The hands on reports for this make me want it a *lot* more than I expected. Will definitely be trying to pick one up on day one.

(And Kirby's Epic Yarn looks truly EPIC)

Arbalest said:
Nintendo have made an announcement concerning the health and safety of the 3DS, saying that it isn't suitable for children under the age of 7. Full post can be found here

Also, for those wondering about Resident Evil, prepare to be wondering about it even more. This trailer has me wondering what the hell are we to expect.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut ... vil/700910
so we can expect some old school badassry with maybe a cameo from HUNK?

just made me forget the dissapointment that was RE5

Back