The 12 Days of Christmas 2019 Sale for Anime Limited and MVM Entertainment

Personally I would really recommend the Kizumonogatari: Wound Tale audiobook (though I haven't quite finished it but that's only because I'm terrible at finishing both regular books and audiobooks), really good voice acting I thought :)

Yeah I really should listen to the audiobook but I'm terrible at finishing anything audio related. I have a difficult enough time keeping up with my two (2) podcasts ^^;

Watched some of it before, it can just be hard to keep up with
I'd say in general it's easier to keep up with than the show. The dialogue never gets as dense as the show at its densest at any rate, though theres still quite a lot of monogatari conversation. As it's a prequel a lot of that is stripped back to a degree and as they are movies there are set pieces to break it up.

The films can definitely be watched and enjoyed alone but if you're planning on watching the whole series I'd recommend watching it after Bake, even if you just watch it on the seven seas while waiting for the films to arrive.

Regarding MVM's sale (Day 2), nothing for me today.

I already have the Kizumonogatari films, I'll get the respective series first before getting Girls und Panzer der Film and No Game No Life Zero, I've asked for Initial D Legend 1: Awakening for Christmas from family (and I just realised that they listed the DVD, not the Blu-ray), and the Fate series altogether will be a try-before-you-buy.

Welp I just dove the heck off that cliff and bought all of March Lion, KLK and Durarara (apart from season 1 which I already have). Not exactly proud of myself rn but I am not actually broke and I'll enjoy them :)
Think of your poor old bank teller, no longer able to sleep under duvets of money, sitting in that bank vault, freezing their bum off, all because you had to take advantage of regional holiday sales

Fate series altogether will be a try-before-you-buy.

shudders in FATE fanbase Let's get this out of the way. Choose your viewing order from below, heed my warning and do not seek it out on the internet. Yes they all ruin each other and no you do not need to play the 80 hour visual novel to get a basic understanding

1. Fate/Zero > Fate/Stay Night UBW > Heaven's feel

2. Fate/Stay Night UBW > Fate/Zero > Heaven's Feel

3. Fate/Stay Night UBW > Heaven's Feel (wait for all three films) > Fate/Zero

Hard mode: Carnival Phantasm.

shudders in FATE fanbase Let's get this out of the way. Choose your viewing order from below, heed my warning and do not seek it out on the internet. Yes they all ruin each other and no you do not need to play the 80 hour visual novel to get a basic understanding

Good advice, lol. The Fate nerds will tell people to just play the VN anyway, but yeah, it's a whole lot of time for one single VN.

For what it's worth, I started with Zero. It's easily one of my favorite animes ever made. Never felt too lost. People say it spoils and whatnot but really, I think ufotable's take complement each other pretty well as far as world info is concerned.

I much prefer the order of:
Fate/Heaven's Feel
Fate/Apocrypha episode 22
Fate/Unlimited Blade Works
Granbelm
Fate/Zero
Re:Creators (Just the 2nd cour to mess with doc)
Fate/Heaven's Feel (Again!)
Today's Menu for the Emiya Family

Last edited:
Day 10 of the Anime Limited sale:

ELcNMVzWwAAw6xB

Waves arms excitedly in babylonia, apocrypha, lord el malloi, extra and prism illya

Face drops as he watches @Vincentdante assume the fetal position to cry in where any of that nonsense fits in
Is about to mention GoS but can clearly hear sobbing

Really though the ones that are closest together are UBW, SN, zero and HF. You can watch either UBW or SN to start, or start with the zero prequel but HF does require a bit of knowledge as to how the fights in SN/UBW usually turn out as it skips a few and becomes an alternate version

I much prefer the order of:
Fate/Heaven's Feel
Fate/Apocrypha episode 22
Fate/Unlimited Blade Works
Granbelm
Fate/Zero
Re:Creators (Just the 2nd cour to mess with doc)
Fate/Heaven's Feel (Again!)
Today's Menu for the Emiya Family
Ah good choice, ending with a happy fun series. You'll need that after Heaven's Feel.

Back