The 12 Days of Christmas 2019 Sale for Anime Limited and MVM Entertainment

is Vampire Hunter D a good Film?
God, yes. It's directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri of Ninja Scroll fame, so if you like that... 👍

I agree with @Lambadelta and disagree with @Joe, fwiw. I believe that Bloodlust was originally recorded in English, so that's it's native language. The conversations between characters in the film are the kind of conversations that English speakers would have, rather than the kind of conversations Japanese people would have, translated into English (if that makes a grain of sense).

The animation and design work are outstanding.

I really urge people to get the BD for Gankutsuou, that show is a masterpiece of a gem
Definitely. Some folks here told me that last year; I ordered it, watched it, and now I'm passing on that wisdom this year*: get Gankutsuou for a fiver!

* "Now I'm the grandad."
Werther's Original, innit. 😅

Gankutsuou on BD is watchable, but for visuals, I’ll watch the superior Geneon DVDs any day. The annoying thing is that the BD’s lossless audio blows the DVD’s tinny effort out of the water.

It’s one of those QTEC smeared messes that loses all the fine detail Blu-Rays. still £5 = no brainer

S1 only has 6 canon episodes, and all of S2 is non-canon

Basically right after the curry competition in S1 you start Book of Circus if you want to watch canon only

That explains it. Then again, I've yet to watch any season of Black Butler, but when I do, I'll judge the anime on its own merits. I tend to do this a lot with series that differ from the source material (however much).

That explains it. Then again, I've yet to watch any season of Black Butler, but when I do, I'll judge the anime on its own merits. I tend to do this a lot with series that differ from the source material (however much).
well issue is the AO S1 and S2 stuff end the story, and goes a completely different direction

.View attachment 11479
I'm flabbergasted...My gast has never been so flabbered

In my defence... looks through pieces of paper Um, which of this will work?
Reality though, I probably encountered the store and main site separately and never followed the link between them. And because of the name of the store, it didn't really give me any indication that the two were properly linked due to the main branding I could see at the time.

Hyouka Part 2 CE is sold out again, and now Psycho-Pass 2 CE is also sold out.

I'm guessing you consider the 36 episodes to be in one single season rather than two (24 in Season 1, 12 in Season 2) (excluding the OVAs), unless I've missed the joke (if you were joking in the first place)?

Well I made the right decision getting Psycho Pass 2 CE then. My choice to spend a lot on day one have proved itself worthwhile.

Reality though, I probably encountered the store and main site separately and never followed the link between them. And because of the name of the store, it didn't really give me any indication that the two were properly linked due to the main branding I could see at the time.
It probably doesn't help that after visting Anime-on-line or United Publications sites I get the distinct urge to check IRC, update my MySpace page and feed the Tamagotchi.

Picked up both parts of Hyouka after the restock, apologies if I've denied anyone!

I'm guessing you consider the 36 episodes to be in one single season rather than two (24 in Season 1, 12 in Season 2) (excluding the OVAs), unless I've missed the joke (if you were joking in the first place)?

Yeah it was a joke, I'm implying S2 was terrible and I am mentally blocking it's existence

It probably doesn't help that after visting Anime-on-line or United Publications sites I get the distinct urge to check IRC, update my MySpace page and feed the Tamagotchi.

Picked up both parts of Hyouka after the restock, apologies if I've denied anyone!

Oh good, it wasn't just me who thought similar stuff.

At least you got a part 2 to go with the part 1s that we left. I feel bad for anyone who buys a part 1 now with no chance of a part 2.

Black Butlers S1 Anime-only was fairly forgettable in the end, escept for the ending itself, which had some nice visuals and stmophere. S2's first episodes continues on that, with a tinge of mystery, so that one's pretty decent, too. Then it goes to be pretty terrible, but along the half line it's crushing some treshold and starts to be hilarious instead. Especially episode 11's ludicrous labyrinth episode is so nonsensical it was fun again. And sitll like it for that ending, because it's such a nice smack into the face for Sebastian. (He's just this guy you'd want to punch all the time, really.)
Also, Alois is easily are more sufferable character than Ciel any time.

S2 does have a lot of good VA though, even on the new cast.

Hyouka Part 2 CE is sold out again, and now Psycho-Pass 2 CE is also sold out.

The joke is that Season 2 is 100% filler so it's basically forgettable.

The joke is that Season 2 is 100% filler so it's basically forgettable.

I can't agree or disagree with that (or anyone's opinions for that matter) until I actually see it (and Season 1 for that matter). Who knows, maybe I might say it's either terrible (which most people think) or underrated. I'm currently in no rush to watch the series at this time.

Anyway, let's move on and go back on topic.

Indeed. Like last year I've been working on an estimation list to narrow down what could turn up at the mystery boxes for AL this year. It surprises me they're once again going for 2 boxes (5 titles each) because there really isn't that much left to choose. Granted narrowing it down would take a while at this rate but still, it's quite the surprise.

2019 titles (prior to May):
Pigtails and Other Short Stories from Production I.G
The Vision of Escaflowne / Escaflowne: The Movie

2018 titles:
Amanchu! (Season 1)
Angelic Layer
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Movie 1: Initiation
Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution Movie 1: Renton
Fairy Tail: Dragon Cry [almost out of print]
Fireworks [almost out of print]
Kiznaiver [the version with the Shop Exclusive item is almost out of print]
K: Missing Kings
Lu Over the Wall [almost out of print]
Lupin the Third Part IV: The Italian Adventure (Japanese Version)
March comes in like a Lion (Season 1 Part 1)
Momotaro: Sacred Sailors
Napping Princess
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Part 1 [almost out of print]
Sound! Euphonium (Season 1)
The Testament of Sister New Devil (Season 1)
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust [Day 3 Sale]

2017 titles:
Genius Party & Genius Party Beyond
Your Name

2016 titles:
Durarara!!x2 Arc 1: Shou
Psychic School Wars

2015 titles:
009 Re:Cyborg 3D
Blood Lad [Day 3 Sale]
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya (Season 1) [almost out of print]
Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise

2014 titles:
Space Dandy (Season 1) [almost out of print]

For those wondering why I'm including the [almost out of print] titles, it's because there was that one time where Blood Blockade Battlefront sold out completely to the point that it got replaced with Lord Marksman and Vanadis, so it wouldn't surprise me if this tactic happens again.

Snow White with the Red Hair Part 2 SE is sold out again. Now that both parts are sold out (probably for good this time), the only way you can get the series now is the CE (which is still in stock as of this post).

Snow White with the Red Hair Part 2 SE is sold out again. Now that both parts are sold out (probably for good this time), the only way you can get the series now is the CE (which is still in stock as of this post).

Still surprised that one still has stock compared to its parts. I guess more people would buy the individual ones if they already had a part, considering when the whole Funimation thing happened, but the collector's edition version has held out longer than I expected.

Still surprised that one still has stock compared to its parts. I guess more people would buy the individual ones if they already had a part, considering when the whole Funimation thing happened, but the collector's edition version has held out longer than I expected.

parts were out for ages before the CE was. The CE came out shortly before the snapping

Part of me is tempted to grab it due to its evident popularity but the romance genre really isn't my thing.
I thought that so didnt buy it until the collectors version came out and I was very glad I did. It's a really well done character drama with plenty of characters who have agency in their story.

Part of me is tempted to grab it due to its evident popularity but the romance genre really isn't my thing.
Snow White is a surprising series. The first season builds up slowly while the second season is mostly one massive story arc which is really good. I recommend it plus Saori Hayami voices the main female lead and she's great.

Back