The 12 Days of Christmas 2019 Sale for Anime Limited and MVM Entertainment

I honestly really like the english voice acting
I mean, each to their own of course, but for me it ranged from "passable" to "actors just blandly reading from a script". The scene that always stuck with me was the one where D and the woman are sitting under a tree waiting out the rain, while she reads her backstory off of a sheet of paper, very quickly moving subjects with barely any emotion. To me, it was peak "this is not how people actually talk or sound".

I mean, Blood Lad is far from being a masterpiece, it's just OK, but if you're in the UK and don't have to pay obscene shipping prices, 4 pounds is worth it for the package alone, for collectors.

I would totally get Gankutsuou if I didn't have to pay 11.50 for shipping, but I'm getting the French steelbook for 21 eur, which is pretty great. Nothing else interests me that I don't have. I was burned out with Tokyo Ghoul first season and I already have Vampire Hunter.

A quick look at MAL leaves me scratching my head as to why King's Game was licensed. But if it sells good, all the better for AL.

I guess people just want to own bad shows, in the long run these are the ones that are more than likely wont get re licensed and maybe at some point even if they sucked they can become collectors gold mines.

Also maybe people just want to own a bad show cause it is bad they wanna see it. Even bad shows get people wanting to see them just to see what was bad about it in the first place and Kings Game certainly has the reputation of being extremely bad even by normal standards.

Also:

I really urge people to get the BD for Gankutsuou, that show is a masterpiece of a gem and Anime Limited is the only that even has it on blu ray, which is weired why the american version does not and this series defintly would benefit being watched in high scale Blu ray vision its animation was way ahead of its time and is still better than your average anime of modern times. plus it is based on alexenders dumas book, the best written revenge story, hell the original revenge story so you have to see it.

I absolutely think blood lad should have been finished, not for how good it is, I don’t think it’s anything like claymore, myself, but I think it does have a formula that rarely goes wrong. It’s about an otaku vampire wanting to revive a Japanese girl, it’s mainly a comedy with quite a bit of action thrown in.

I’d only think it would attract more like our forum members if it were finished, the type of thing people have to try at least

I really urge people to get the BD for Gankutsuou, that show is a masterpiece of a gem and Anime Limited is the only that even has it on blu ray, which is weired why the american version does not and this series defintly would benefit being watched in high scale Blu ray

Technically due to how it was upscaled. There is less detail on the Blu-ray release than the DVDs

Technically due to how it was upscaled. There is less detail on the Blu-ray release than the DVDs

Is that for the standard blu ray? Cause i got the French steel book and from my perspective it was better, but than again i dont really know much about blu ray upscale i am no expert. Still DvDs is an outdated form of home media much like VHS before it. so it would be better to get the bd in the long run.

Is that for the standard blu ray? Cause i got the French steel book and from my perspective it was better, but than again i dont really know much about blu ray upscale i am no expert. Still DvDs is an outdated form of home media much like VHS before it. so it would be better to get the bd in the long run.

The steelbook, and standards use the same discs.

UK and France shared the same disc masters. Its why the UK release has french subs/dub also.

Picked up Perfect Blue and Gankutsuou.

Already own Black Butler and Baccanno (Baccanno is amazing btw and that is my recommendation for what it is worth)

oh I actually really like the Black Butler manga (and that particular season of anime), but given how much of S1/2 is anime original I’m happy having watched the series once and not owning it myself. 😅
The other pieces are adapting close to the manga though. Although.... I can't really say, I liked them so much. Book of Murder is just an ard that works better on paper in general and Atlantic kind of... just looked strangely very digital somehow? (?) Have yet to watch my Circus, but that was already one arc I didn't like too much in the Manga.

Hyouka Part 2 CE is sold out again, and now Psycho-Pass 2 CE is also sold out.
Silly people. Black Butler never got a 2nd season. They just skipped straight to season 3 for some strange reason

I'm guessing you consider the 36 episodes to be in one single season rather than two (24 in Season 1, 12 in Season 2) (excluding the OVAs), unless I've missed the joke (if you were joking in the first place)?

Last edited:
I'm guessing you consider the 36 episodes to be in one single season rather than two (24 in Season 1, 12 in Season 2) (excluding the OVAs), unless I've missed the joke (if you were joking in the first place)?

S1 only has 6 canon episodes, and all of S2 is non-canon

Basically right after the curry competition in S1 you start Book of Circus if you want to watch canon only

Back