The 12 Days of Christmas 2019 Sale for Anime Limited and MVM Entertainment

A few years ago, one of the Mystery Box titles sold out (Blood Blockade Battlefront) and was replaced with another title (Lord Marksman and Vanadis). Given that there aren't that many titles left for AL to choose from, I reckon that there is a slight chance that they could just use this opportunity to get rid of some stock like those three.

The uncertainty only keeps the mystery alive

Anyone else make the same mistake as me, and after ordering the mystery boxes added up how much they've spent on the 12 days sale this year?

😢
Oh you poor soul. You've done it now when the MVM deals is still ongoing? I guess it'll either help show restraint or make you regret it by the end. :)

from looking at them [ unless it changes everytime] the collectors editions of Your Name, Napping Princess, Pigtails , Geass and Genius Party have red inserts

Amanchu, Sound, TOSND, K, Angelic, [+Kiznaiver] have blue inserts. So if I had to make a guess that's a possibility 🤔
I don't think that would apply here as those inserts signify what format the title is. Blue signifies series while red signifies movies/OVAs

They are possibilities as they havent been on sale in any day of the sale so far. But it does seem unlikely. Though there have been years where one item didnt have enough stock and was replaced in some boxes
That only happened once with Blood Blockade Battlefront, and only occured as Zavvi put a big order in after it was allocated for the mystery box.

Also got both. This years boxes will decidedly be better than last years at any rate in terms of titles and the quota of titles I don't have yet isn't all that bad.

I went for both so if anyone has specific titles they wanted and I end up with dupes (50/50 based on predictions) then I’m happy to do a deal on them! I wonder if they’ll include any bonus goodies alongside the boxsets?

Oh and my order was 58376.

Last edited:
Only spent about £40, although the Funimation and MVM sale are still on!
I also spent just over £25 in the Wordery BF sale. But both are dwarfed by the £90 I spent at CDJapan on 2 OSTs and a figure.
Just as well I actually had some money saved and I'll get some more for Christmas.

I'm excited to see how accurate the predictions are. Imo I don't think we will see Your Name (Steelbook) because it was in the warehouse clearance mystery box. But of course we will find out soon enough.

Hello, I stumbled upon this forum while researching these mysteryboxes. Really appreciate the narrowed down list of potential items.

I'm still holding off from finalizing my purchase because I saw someone claim on Twitter that last year there was supposedly a 13th day sale where all previous sales were brought back. Is that correct? And if so, would that mean that such a sale would happen tomorrow friday the 13th(!) at 5pm? Is there any chance that there might still be Blu-Ray Mystery Boxes left at that time?

Hello, I stumbled upon this forum while researching these mysteryboxes. Really appreciate the narrowed down list of potential items.

I'm still holding off from finalizing my purchase because I saw someone claim on Twitter that last year there was supposedly a 13th day sale where all previous sales were brought back. Is that correct? And if so, would that mean that such a sale would happen tomorrow friday the 13th(!) at 5pm? Is there any chance that there might still be Blu-Ray Mystery Boxes left at that time?

There is no guarantee there will be a continuation tomorrow and if there is the mystery boxes are one day only deal, plus there are only 500 to begin with. It really is a case of jumping on them if you really want them I'm afraid

Also welcome to the forums :)

I'm excited to see how accurate the predictions are. Imo I don't think we will see Your Name (Steelbook) because it was in the warehouse clearance mystery box. But of course we will find out soon enough.

I would love for you to be right about this, because then the only duplicate I would need to worry about would be Genius Party. I mean, I have the CE, not the steelbook but I don't collect multiple versions of the same thing if I already have the superior one 🤷‍♂️

People in the UK should be receiving the boxes what, Saturday morning or Monday, right? Eager for some spoilers...

Edit: Space Dandy too, I suppose. Really not counting on that one, but we'll see.

I would love for you to be right about this, because then the only duplicate I would need to worry about would be Genius Party. I mean, I have the CE, not the steelbook but I don't collect multiple versions of the same thing if I already have the superior one 🤷‍♂️

People in the UK should be receiving the boxes what, Saturday morning or Monday, right? Eager for some spoilers...

Edit: Space Dandy too, I suppose. Really not counting on that one, but we'll see.

I'm also hoping there won't be Napping Princess since I technically got it in the movie bundle on day 6 I just realised :p

Back