Summer Streaming Announcements...

Once I remembered which show that actually was, I quickly realized it's good news that CR has it. Could be a sleeper hit, I think.

so Monogatari Season 2 is delayed by a month? I wonder if Daisuke having it has anything to do with that. It's a little weird. It'll give me an excuse to try out Daisuke at least, and see if it's any good. Still waiting for the TWGOK goddess arc series to get announced on CR now though.

Live action on CR...

Crunchyroll is adding another live-action drama to its summer lineup in the form of Town Doctor Jumbo!, which is set to kick off on Friday, July 5 at 11:00pm Pacific.

A page for Town Doctor Jumbo! will go live soon at www.crunchyroll.com/machiisha. The series—starring Shiori Kutsuna and EXILE's Daisuke Maki—adapts Ryou Koshino's Machiisha Jumbo manga, which was serialized in Kodansha's Shuukan Gendai magazine in 2011.

The series will be available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Mexico, and South America.

Crunchyroll's synopsis:

“Masayoshi Tsuruda, known as Jumbo, returns to a small port city due to a loan given to the late director of the Baba Clinic. Soon, Masayoshi Tsuruda becomes the director at Baba Clinic.

Meanwhile, Nurse Asuka works at the clinic. She is the only child of the ex-director, and while she is extremely inexperienced at her job, Asuka is passionate and tender. Personality conflicts ensue as Doctor Masayoshi Tsuruda and Nurse Asuka have continual arguments about protocol, while struggling to save patients…”

And found out why Daisuki had stopped working on Firefox... I installed the Media hint plugin a couple of days ago, and it turns out it's incompatible.

It'd be a shocker if this title didn't stream to the UK!

The latest addition to Crunchyroll's streaming summer anime lineup is KINMOZA!, which kicks off for premium members on Saturday, July 6 at 8:00am Pacific Time.

The show page will go live soon at www.crunchyroll.com/kinmoza. KINMOZA!—based on Yui Hara's Kiniro Mosaic manga, animated by Studio Gokumi, and directed by TENSHO—will be available to audiences in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Netherlands, Scandinavia, and Turkey.

Crunchyroll's synopsis:

Shinobu Oomiya is a 15-year old Japanese school girl who did a homestay in the UK when she was in junior high. One day, as she is missing her time abroad, a letter arrives for her from the daughter of her UK host family, Alice Cartelet, announcing that she is coming to Japan! With Shinobu’s classmates Aya Komachi and Yoko Inokuma, as well as Alice’s childhood friend and rival from the UK, Karen Kujo, the lives of the five girls sparkle like a mosaic, and an airy and sweet school comedy starring Japanese and British schoolgirls is about to start!

Just Passing Through said:
And found out why Daisuki had stopped working on Firefox... I installed the Media hint plugin a couple of days ago, and it turns out it's incompatible.
Dat irony.

Daisuki have put up the 1st ep of Nekomongatari (Black)

and

Crunchyroll to Stream "Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA" Anime

Summer anime announcements continue to pour out of Crunchyroll today, and the next title to be revealed is Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA. This alternate universe take on the famed Fate/stay night series begins streaming on July 12th, at 11:00 am Pacific Time for its premium members. Free members are able to view one week after initial broadcast on Crunchyroll.

The show page will be live soon at http://www.crunchyroll.com/fatekaleidliner.

Background and story

Based on the manga by Hiroshi Hiroyama, Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA is an alternate universe take on the famed Fate/stay night series and features animation production by studio Silver Link (Kokoro Connect).

Illya (Illyasviel von Einzbern) is a typical young girl attending Homurabara Academy who just happens to have a slight crush on her brother-in-law. Then, one night, a magic wand called Magical Ruby falls from the sky into her bath and tricks her into signing a contract...

Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA will be available to Crunchyroll’s audience in the following territories: North America, South Africa, UK, Ireland, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Netherlands, and South America.

I also e-mailed Daisuki about that Media Hint plug-in and got an appreciative reply saying they'll note it for the customer support feedback for other people with a similar issue.

Crunchyroll guest passes if anyone wants them:

MBC7BUC9YFP
NTQ6DERPCDK
F738X6FWHW9

Edit: Looking forward to watching Nekomonogatari on Daisuki.

Lawrence said:
Still waiting for someone to snag the streaming rights for the most anticipated title of the summer, Hyper Dimension Neptunia.
FUNimation have it, so we don't (unless AoD is still running and picks it up in a few weeks and finishes it in a couple of seasons).

Access is there, although none of Daisuki's videos are loading for me today. Slow Internets somwhere between here and Japan I guess resulting in eternal spinny square syndrome.
They'll be using a CDN so there should be an edge cache a lot closer (probably London docklands).

Shiroi Hane said:
Lawrence said:
Still waiting for someone to snag the streaming rights for the most anticipated title of the summer, Hyper Dimension Neptunia.
FUNimation have it, so we don't (unless AoD is still running and picks it up in a few weeks and finishes it in a couple of seasons).

Access is there, although none of Daisuki's videos are loading for me today. Slow Internets somwhere between here and Japan I guess resulting in eternal spinny square syndrome.
They'll be using a CDN so there should be an edge cache a lot closer (probably London docklands).

It turned out to be the Media Hint Plug in in Firefox, disabling it fixed it.

It doesn't play for me either (and I'm not in Wales, nor do I use any plug-ins). It's the Aniplex region glitch - the third time it's happened, too! I emailed them yesterday about it.

R

Plays in this part of Wales too.

I was going to say I'd probably just wait for it on CR, but... "Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region."
Oh, but the announcement says we should have it.. but since it's not happening for a month anyway... :\

Media service Crunchyroll announced at its Anime Expo panel on Saturday that it will streaming the following series:

The Eccentric Family (Uchōten Kazoku)
The World God Only Knows: Goddesses (Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-Hen)
Makai Ōji: Devils and Realist
Silver Spoon
Yami Shibai: Japanese Ghost Stories
Sunday Without God
WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!

I'm looking forward to TWGOK: Goddesses, even though i'm still not too fond of them skipping segments. Silver Spoon hasn't taken me at all though yet, and i'm not sure on Watamote. We'll see, i may give those two a try anyways and see what's what.

Glad to hear that TWGOK and Watamote will be on Crunchy.

Nekomonogatari plays fine for me, so no idea what's going on with Daisuki blocking people...

Back