Summer Streaming Announcements...

Just Passing Through

The Wildcard
Daisuki have....

Press Release: DAISUKI.NET to simulcast MONOGATARI SERIES SECOND SEASON this summer, panel with special screening at Anime Expo 2013!

Since they're not into exclusives as they've previously stated, I hope CR get it as well. If they don't I guess I could live with Daisuki's player... Maybe... Yeesh.

To be honest I'd totally forgotten about Daisuki...I should check and see if their player works on my browser yet.

Definitely interested in Daisuki stepping up their game like this for the first proper season launch they've been able to participate in.

R

Would like Daisuki to pull put forth an A-Game but setting phasers to disappoint knowing how these things tend to work in the initial months.

And here we go with Crunchyroll...

Hey guys,

Keikawa back again to announce the simulcasting of the second season of Senyu for today's acquisition announcements!

Starting on July 2 at 10 am Pacific Time. Senyu will be available to worldwide, Crunchyroll premium members except for Japan. This series will also be available to free users worldwide, except for Asia.

Adapted from Robinson Haruhara’s action-comedy manga, the Senyu anime comes to life through the vocal talents of Ai Kayano (Bodacious Space Pirates, Lagrange) and Hiro Shimono (The World God Only Knows, SKET Dance), with opening and ending themes composed by the musical masterminds from JAM Project (Bakuman, Super Robot Wars).

Next up:

Michana here to announce our next title for today: Teekyu 2 broadcast every Sunday starting on July 7th, at 7:30 am PDT in the following territories: North America, South America, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden.

Broadcast in the cool fall of 2012, the comedy anime widely known for being too chaotic, "Teekyu," has returned! The everyday lives of four unusual girls of the Kameido High School tennis club will have you convulsing with laughter. Thrown about by her idiot seniors, junior member Oshimoto Yuri finds herself constantly correcting them. Incompetent at tennis despite being a member of the tennis club, second year student Shinjo Kanae is a joke machine. Kansai second year student Bando Marimo is unimaginably perverted. Solving all problems with money is the mysterious and wealthy second year student Takamiya Nasuno. Returning for a second season and still ignoring tennis, you won't be able to tear your eyes away from the chaos!

Let's start things out with the second season of Recorder and Randsell Mi!

This series will be available every Monday starting on July 1, at 7:30 am PDT to worldwide audiences except for Japan.

This summertime comedic short will feature the voice talents from two of the arguably biggest names in Japanese voice acting: Rie Kugimiya (Blue Exorcist, Full Metal Alchemist, Fairy Tail) and Ryotaro Okiayu (Fate/Zero, Bleach, Love Hina), who will portray Atsumi and Atsushi Miyagawa respectively.

“On the surface it seems as if Atsushi is an adult, but really he's just an elementary student! However, he is paired with a second-year high school student Atsumi, whose height is just the opposite of his. These two together create an unusual relationship and will undoubtedly instigate some comedic antics in this slice of life comedy!”

Announcement page here

In other news Anime on Delay recently finished the last of their Winter simulcasts with Problem Children. No new announcements for Summer as yet :p

Well, I'll be watching Senyuu. Glad they're whizzing through the short gag shows first.

AoD have yet to announce their spring shows (even though they have been streaming them) so I'm not holding my breath expecting any updates from them. Telling people about your service seems really out of fashion over there ^^;

R

Crunchyroll has Dog & Scissors.

Based on the light novel published in Japan as Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyo, Dog & Scissors is a mystery comedy series that centers around a book-loving high school boy named Kazuhito Harumi who is killed in the middle of a robbery, but is then resurrected again in the form of a dachshund dog. In his new form, he is adopted by a sadistic, scissors-wielding novelist, Kirihime Natsuno.

The cast includes prolific voice actor Takahiro Sakurai, Code Geass’ Suzaku Kururugi and Bleach’s Kira Izuru, among many others, as the main character Kazuhito, and equally prolific voice actress Marina Inoue, known for roles such as Yoko in Gurren Lagann and Armin Arlelt in this season’s Attack on Titan, as Kirihime. Production comes from Gonzo, known for hit titles such as LAST EXILE and Gankutsuou, with direction by Yukio Takahashi and writing by Toshizo Nemoto.

Announcement

I was intrigued by this title, so glad to know that they have it.

I wasn't impressed by that other recent show involving scissors and a main character called Kiri, so I might skip this one ^^;

(That and it doesn't look like my kind of series, but that's a boring reason.)

R

Crunchyroll have Service x Service

Based on the manga by Karino Takatsu – the creator of Working!! (a.k.a. Wagnaria!!) - SERVANT x SERVICE is animated by A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online). The cast features three main protagonists portrayed by Ai Kayano (Say, “I love you,” Guilty Crown, Chihayafuru), Mai Nakahara (Fairy Tail, AKB0048, Strawberry Panic!), and Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Uta no Prince-sama, Heaven’s Lost Property, Free!).

In a certain ward of a certain city in Hokkaido...The ward office where Yamagami Lucy has been hired employs many unique characters on its staff. Yamagami and her colleagues are full of energy and secrets as they're hard at work (?!) in this workplace comedy!

SERVANT x SERVICE will be available to audiences in the following territories: US, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Central and South America.

More announcements to follow today. Source

EDIT: They also have Free!
One of this summer’s most hotly anticipated titles, Free! – Iwatobi Swim Club finally makes its debut after months of speculation. Originating from what appeared to be simply a commercial from Animation Do and Kyoto Animation, many fans fervently hoped for a full-length anime from the production studio that had previously made hits such as K-ON! and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

The plot revolves around a group of five high school boys who are all connected by their love of swimming: Haruka Nanase, Makoto Tachibana, Nagisa Hazuki, Rei Ryugazaki, and Rin Matsuoka. The boys are all voiced by an equally appealing cast of actors, with Nobunaga Shimazaki, known for his roles in Photo Kano and Say “I love you”, as Haruka, Tasuhisa Suzuki, also in Kuroko’s Basketball and Saint Seiya Omega, as Makoto, Tsubasa Yonaga from Chihayafuru and Cardfight!! Vanguard as Nagisa, Daisuke Hirakawa of Tono to Issho and Hiiro no Kakera as Rei, and Mamoru Miyano of Death Note and Steins;Gate fame as Rin.

Source

Joshawott said:
EDIT: They also have Free!
One of this summer’s most hotly anticipated titles, Free! – Iwatobi Swim Club finally makes its debut after months of speculation. Originating from what appeared to be simply a commercial from Animation Do and Kyoto Animation, many fans fervently hoped for a full-length anime from the production studio that had previously made hits such as K-ON! and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

The plot revolves around a group of five high school boys who are all connected by their love of swimming: Haruka Nanase, Makoto Tachibana, Nagisa Hazuki, Rei Ryugazaki, and Rin Matsuoka. The boys are all voiced by an equally appealing cast of actors, with Nobunaga Shimazaki, known for his roles in Photo Kano and Say “I love you”, as Haruka, Tasuhisa Suzuki, also in Kuroko’s Basketball and Saint Seiya Omega, as Makoto, Tsubasa Yonaga from Chihayafuru and Cardfight!! Vanguard as Nagisa, Daisuke Hirakawa of Tono to Issho and Hiiro no Kakera as Rei, and Mamoru Miyano of Death Note and Steins;Gate fame as Rin.

Source

This I would have expected to be an Anime on Delay title, but if it's unlocked to the UK... Ah good things.

I'm looking forward to TWGOK III, and hopefuly Genshiken as well. Go CR!

Crunchyroll would have been mad to have let anyone else get Free! after they made such a fuss about how much they wanted it to be an anime back before nobody was certain that was the plan.

R

FUNimation have Danganronpa and Brothers Conflict.

Damn it, I wanted Danganronpa! Please Crunchy, make it an AoT situation.

I wanted Danganronpa too :( (and I'd have watched Brothers Conflict even though I strongly suspect it will be terrible).

R

Gifu Dodo!! Kanetsugu and Keiji has been added to Crunchyroll's line-up.

Taking place in an alternate telling of Japan’s warring states era, Gifu Dodo!! Kanetsugu and Keiji focuses on the possibility if the famous daimyo Uesugi Kenshin had an illegitimate child. The champions of the Warring States era - Oda Nobunaga, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, and Tokugawa Ieyasu - knew, desired, and feared the truth... Hiding within his heart the secret of his lord's illegitimate child while risking his life to protect him, Uesugi Kenshin's chief retainer, Naoe Kanetsugu, teamed up with the legendary warrior known as history's most flamboyant warrior, Maeda Keiji. In an age of inconceivable rivalries between warlords, the two men, though different in position and rank, were lifelong friends and kindred spirits who would die for one another. Never once yielding to any number of powerful men, Kanetsugu and Keiji continue to blaze through the turbulent latter days of the Warring States era, faithfully fighting for justice and their own way of life...

Originally based off of a manga created by Fist of the North Star author Tetsuo Hara, the anime adaptation of Gifu Dodo!! Kanetsugu and Keiji will be directed by Bob Shirohata, whose other works include Hetalia and Gravitation, with Studio DEEN of Hakkenden and Hell Girl fame animating the show. The cast includes Daisuke Namikawa, also known for his roles as Ulquiorra Schiffer from Bleach and Shota Kazehaya from Kimi ni Todoke, as Naoe Kanetsugu, and Takuya Sato, Cardfight!! Vanguard’s Toshiki Kai and Caesar Zeppeli from JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, as Maeda Keiji.

Gifu Dodo!! Kanetsugu and Keiji will be available to Crunchyroll’s Premium members in the following territories: North and South America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, Australia, and New Zealand, and to Free members in the following territories: US, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, the Netherlands, Sweden, and South Africa.

And we have our obligatory warring states era re-imaging of the season.

Yaaay, I thought any remotely cool-sounding feudal show was off-limits to the UK these days unless it involved harems so I hadn't dared to hope.

R (sorry Mushibugyo >_>)

Back