Summer 2016 Legal Anime Streaming Thread: The Backup Cut

ecb3f37c1137461d85b59a88a9a6fd491466187201_full.png

On June 21st Crunchyroll will be announcing the first wave of Summer simulcasts. It will be live through social media platforms and Twitch.

More info here.

The twitter link says the post doesn't exist now, guessing that got mentioned long before it was meant to be?

Demelza said:
The twitter link says the post doesn't exist now, guessing that got mentioned long before it was meant to be?

Well if the leak is accurate then we're definitely going to get it (and it'll also be a blow to Funimation).

It's worth noting the live-stream announcements are tonight.

NormanicGrav said:
Demelza said:

Well if the leak is accurate then we're definitely going to get it (and it'll also be a blow to Funimation).

It's worth noting the live-stream announcements are tonight.
I think it's a Warner Bros. title, Viz probably has it.

Ian Wolf said:
Full list of announced shows:

Berserk
Orange
ReLife
Mob Psycho 100
91 Days
Sweetness and Lighting
Alderman in the Sky
Taboo Tattoo
Active Raid 2nd

No details yet on the regions.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... er-rollout

Cheers for the round-up. It looks like we got half of this seasons' leaked titles confirmed:

NormanicGrav said:
Potential Simulcasts
  • 91Days | Crunchyroll
  • Alderamin on the Sky (Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin) | Crunchyroll
  • Ange Vierge | Crunchyroll
  • Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! [4th season] | Crunchyroll
  • Hybrid×Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia (Masou Gakuen HxH) | Crunchyroll
  • Mob Psycho 100 | Crunchyroll
  • The Morose Mononokean (Fukigen na Mononokean) | Crunchyroll
  • NEW GAME! | Crunchyroll
  • orange | Crunchyroll
  • TABOO TATTOO | Crunchyroll

Now in terms of regions, there's a possible chance that most will be Worldwide outside Asia. The Kadokawa titles and Berserk should definitely be accessible to all English zones as they're exclusive to Crunchyroll.

Some good titles in there from my perspective! Hope the regions are favourable and nothing gets Jeromed.

R

I bet a good 50% are US and Canada only.

Apparently the lack of region info is the price they had to pay for announcing them this earlier. I'd personally question whether it was worth it..

Buzz201 said:

Apparently the lack of region info is the price they had to pay for announcing them this earlier. I'd personally question whether it was worth it..

Last season I would agree with you . But this season I believe there was only one Simucast that wasn't available to be for the UK which was Sakamoto .

bailey1985 said:
Buzz201 said:

Last season I would agree with you . But this season I believe there was only one Simucast that wasn't available to be for the UK which was Sakamoto .
Rinne season 2 was also blocked, not surprising though as season 1 was also blocked. Think Sailor Moon Crystal season 3 is blocked too.

sniper_samurai said:
bailey1985 said:
Buzz201 said:

Rinne season 2 was also blocked, not surprising though as season 1 was also blocked. Think Sailor Moon Crystal season 3 is blocked too.

Rin-ne Season 2 eventually became available for the UK & Ireland on Crunchyroll.

Sakamoto & Sailor Moon Crystal were the only 2 titles we didn't have access to.

IncendiaryLemon said:
KingJimmeh said:
How does Active Raid have a second season? That is mad.

I think it was greenlit before it even aired...

Yeah, like Bungo Stray Dogs and a few others we knew Active Raid had a season two before it happened. Shame so much production is being wasted on a bad show...

Demelza said:
Yeah, like Bungo Stray Dogs and a few others we knew Active Raid had a season two before it happened. Shame so much production is being wasted on a bad show...

I only watch ep 1, did it get worse?

Buzz201 said:
Demelza said:

I only watch ep 1, did it get worse?

Yeah it definitely got worse. I watched 1, dropped it, revisited it for 2 and dropped it again...

Back