So what’s your MyAnimeList statistics?

least was @Neil.T :eek: at 25.1% (103).
Aw, no. Really? I get the sense that I'm just not compatible with people. :(
I don't give 10s, because that (in my mind) suggests perfection and nothing is ever perfect. If I ignored the numbering and went with the words as ratings I probably could go with Masterpiece as a rating as even things called Masterpieces have their flaws
I have no problems with giving 10s if I really enjoyed something. If I think "Would I change anything about it? No", then it's a candidate. Also, yeah, I rate by the descriptions rather than numbers.

I have no problems with giving 10s if I really enjoyed something. If I think "Would I change anything about it? No", then it's a candidate. Also, yeah, I rate by the descriptions rather than numbers.
I'm hard pressed to give tens unless they're particularly special, particularly Dandy series'. In fact I think I've only given them to these:
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Interstella 5555
Space Dandy
Spirited Away
Steins;Gate

And I always thought speeding up anime was a memetic joke that people just said to troll and noone actually did?
It's not (anymore?). There is even a plugin for it!
Video Speed Controller
And for DVDs VLC Player has had it for at least a decade or something.
To be sure seven years ago I would get the weirdest looks for it. Now I still get it, but with this overblow amount of media I'm not the only one to whom this idea occured. Originally I used accelaration for lectures I taped myself, because I really really couldn't bear a certain professors seriously slowpoke way of speaking. At 1.4x the man actually sounded normal for a change. After that I just tried it out on anything else.

If you watch something at any speed other than 1x you haven't actually watched it at all tbh.
You may think so... The truth is however, a lot of people don't even realize it all that much when it's just about 10% speed up and they don't get specifically told.
Can You Tell If a TV Show Is Secretly Sped Up to Make Room for More Ads? Take Our Quiz.
Are TV networks speeding up reruns to fit in more ads? | Daily Mail Online
https://lifehacker.com/network-television-stations-speed-up-tv-shows-to-fit-in-1797131517

And those seem to use not too great accelerations algorithms. (Like speeding up in Windows Media Player Classic will give you high pitch but in VLC not.)

The truth is however, a lot of people don't even realize it all that much when it's just about 10% speed up and they don't get specifically told.
Of course, anyone in a PAL country will be used to speedup from watching american television shows.

The PAL speed issue is precisely why I could never watch anime at higher speeds. My anger at finding the theme songs/voices sounded incorrect was the reason I started actively avoiding anything converted to PAL thereafter.

R

I'll give it its dues for what director Yoshiaki Kawajiri brought to it. That Scottish accent, though... :eek:

(I am Scottish.)
Got to be better than Christopher Lamberts! He could hardly speak English when cast!
I thought Moya's and the bloke in the 11th century part that helped Colin was pretty good.

Back