So what’s your MyAnimeList statistics?

I'm an American, and I've never seem Highlander or Braveheart, never had haggis or Irn Bru, and have never worn a kilt. I guess I'm just totally out of the loop, lol...
Does America even have Irn Bru? It seems like one of those things that would be slapped with a "This product is known by the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects" label.

I bought a mug with that label on in the US. A mug.

I still say the best thing to come out of Scotland is chip sauce :)
Yeah, in chip shops in Edinburgh they don't ask you "Salt and vinegar?" but "Salt and sauce?" for some reason.

I wonder what would happen if you asked for salt and vinegar. I've got this image of the shop becoming suddenly silent, everyone turning to eye you with suspicion, and the person serving you asking "You're not from here, are you?"

;)

Last edited:
I don't want to bring dishonour onto this thread...
Does America even have Irn Bru? It seems like one of those things that would be slapped with a "This product is known by the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects" label.

I bought a mug with that label on in the US. A mug.

Ugh, I can't stand Iron Bru, it makes me sick; I can practically smell the E numbers in it! Tizer is another drink that I don't like, just liquidized glucose XD

Yeah, in chip shops in Edinburgh they don't ask you "Salt and vinegar?" but "Salt and sauce?" for some reason.

I wonder what would happen if you asked for salt and vinegar. I've got this image of the shop becoming suddenly silent, everyone turning to eye you with suspicion, and the person serving you asking "You're not from here, are you?"

;)

Wtf? Salt and sauce?! Nooooooooooooooooooo, not on "chippie" chips! Incedentally though I only like brown sauce...

I liked iron bru when I was younger but it seemed to change a good few years ago and it just doesn’t seem the same anymore.

The only soft drinks I like these days are Cola, lemonade (and the occasional shandy) - anything else just tastes wierd to me; especially the "ades" drinks - cherryade; orangeade; limeade, they're just too sugary. I remember those Panda pops from years ago - just E numbers in a bottle!

I liked iron bru when I was younger but it seemed to change a good few years ago and it just doesn’t seem the same anymore.
Pretty sure they changed it recently, I first tried it in 2008 when I was a wee lad and when I had a can recently it wasn't nearly as distinct, almost felt watered down

Pretty sure they changed it recently, I first tried it in 2008 when I was a wee lad and when I had a cab recently it wasn't nearly as distinct, almost felt watered down

That is also my exact problem with it. People need to stop messing with their sh*t.

The only acceptable form for chip shop chips to take is in a chip buttie with the breadbun soaked through with vinegar.

This food talk should probably move to the food thread.

It's just basically like HP sauce, as far as I can remember.
Incedentally though I only like brown sauce...
The only acceptable form for chip shop chips to take is in a chip buttie with the breadbun soaked through with vinegar.
Neil's mostly right, but with vinegar in it. When I was a kid we used to make our own by topping the brown sauce up with vinegar when it was running low.

EDIT - I want some now :(

I think I’ll have to leave you guys to it with chippy sauce, sauces in general just have never appealed to me.

Do I need to move out of arms reach now?

So, I finally got around to looking up my seemingly infamous (lack of) affinity with the folks in my MAL friends list. My highest was with @GolGotha, on 47.4%, followed by @NormanicGrav on 42.2%. The lowest I found was a frankly baffling –23.5%. 😵

Someone help me. Please.

So, I finally got around to looking up my seemingly infamous (lack of) affinity with the folks in my MAL friends list. My highest was with @GolGotha, on 47.4%, followed by @NormanicGrav on 42.2%. The lowest I found was a frankly baffling –23.5%. 😵

Someone help me. Please.
Ours is 27.4% and the biggest differences are Texhnolyze, Terror in Resonance and Kids on the Slope.

I don't think I have any negative affinity with anyone on my friends list actually.

I don't think I have any negative affinity with anyone on my friends list
God, really? I've got a couple of negatives, and quite a few single-figure percentages as well. Some poor synchro rates there.

SSGP7TGV0VS3IRCNPKC0J6KB9-m26_C163A_a_big.jpg

Back