So what’s your MyAnimeList statistics?

got to say I would make a MAL, but listing all the anime I've ever seen, and trying to recall what I thought about them seems like a hassle.

I can't just not list the crap I've seen, but at the same time it would be easier to just treat it as a blank slate...

Maybe one day I'll use a website to track my viewing.

I'm not sure what the affinity score even means tbh. I've got -3.4% with @Neil.T somehow but on the 63 shows we've both seen we only had a 0.4 difference in average score.

Highest affinity I can find is with @Joe 57.1% from 97 shows.

I've got -3.4% with @Neil.T
See what I mean? Oh my god, minus affinity now? (That's an XquisiteWig you're wearing, btw. ;))
Call yourself a Scot! Next you'll say you've never seen Braveheart! Or never eaten haggis, drunk Irn Bru, or wore a kilt 😜
Oh. Dear.

I have never eaten haggis, and I have never worn a kilt.

*runs away quickly again*

I'm sorry for my crimes against humanity!!!

*voice fades into distance*

@Neil.T - your affinity was actually the second highest with mine. Although I know @NormanicGrav (who hasn't posted on here) is higher as well.

Call yourself a Scot! Next you'll say you've never seen Braveheart! Or never eaten haggis, drunk Irn Bru, or wore a kilt 😜

I wonder if any Scot has ever done all four of those at the same time (I've no doubt that thousands of Americans have).

I'd hate for people to view it and judge my tastes based on looking at the scores I've given
Aw, but that's half the fun. For instance:
But I also didn't find it offending and also didn't feel like some brain cells got killed, so it's not a 4.
You're not making that 4 you gave BGC look any better.
After a bit of an extended search both @ayase accounts had least in common, although I assume neither are complete (45 new and 40 old from 8 years ago!)
Yeah, the new one will keep having things added to it as and when I remember. I added like three days worth of stuff just yesterday, I really need to be at home with my DVDs, then I'll probably add a load. The old one only has 25 days on it though so I'm not sure where you got 40 from (quality > quantity as far as I'm concerned). Edit: Oh, or did you mean series we share? 45's not bad, @kuuderes_shadow and I share like, 13, there are like well over a hundred shows we've seen that the other hasn't! Amazing how much anime there is, really...

Last edited:
Oh, or did you mean series we share?
Yeah shared, went with the wrong term. Seems me and old you agree on quite a lot with 13/40 being the same and only one having a difference of 3 or more (Summer Wars) which new you has bumped down to a 9. In fact new you has a higher affinity at 45.9% (with 17/45 the same), third in my sample of 14 users!

While I've not watched as many as some, I've rewatched some really long anime's about 4-5 times in my younger years (looking at you DBZ) which is how my time logged is so high.

Just running through some of the posts here my highest affinity matches are:
@bailey1985 - 50.1%
@D1tchd1gger - 44.3%
@IncendiaryLemon - 43.8%

So I guess I have a pretty common taste to alot of people, I even match 33.4% with @Neil.T !!

my MAL is morbo86 if anyone wants to add me, i've sent a few friend requests on there so feel free to accept/reject at your discretion :)

Attachments

• mal stats.jpg
    mal stats.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 7
I'd hate for people to view it and judge my tastes based on looking at the scores I've given
Aw, but that's half the fun.
You can still attach a lenghy explanation next to it, too. Like such: MyAnimeList.net
Not that I expect people to read it. But at least I prevent anybody from blaming me for being inconsistent.

You're not making that 4 you gave BGC look any better.
Do you mean Bubblegum Crisis?
While I do realize, it has its place in anime history, I was sitting before it, and my brain just literally froze. After that, I was upset, because it was like a time skip and my brain being placed into a cryogenic pot and it took a while to unfreeze it.

Do you mean Bubblegum Crisis?
While I do realize, it has its place in anime history, I was sitting before it, and my brain just literally froze. After that, I was upset, because it was like a time skip and my brain being placed into a cryogenic pot and it took a while to unfreeze it.
Ah yes, brain problems would explain such a rating. :p

Seriously though, I don't really begrudge anyone their personal tastes. It's just that Bubblegum Crisis is like the pinnacle of what I want from my entertainment. The animation, environment and mechanical design is gorgeous, the characters and the character designs are great, it strikes a perfect balance between being serious and fun and nothing else even comes close to the choreography between animation and music. In my opinion.

Ah yes, brain problems would explain such a rating. :p

Seriously though, I don't really begrudge anyone their personal tastes. It's just that Bubblegum Crisis is like the pinnacle of what I want from my entertainment. The animation, environment and mechanical design is gorgeous, the characters and the character designs are great, it strikes a perfect balance between being serious and fun and nothing else even comes close to the choreography between animation and music. In my opinion.
I think my taste generally does not align very well with the 80s style. For which BGC seems more or less representative (I think?). I generally don't hate them either through, but most just pass by my head like this little dust ball in the desert. Your taste on the other hands looks like it's totally digging it.

That's actually one think that I can clearly and consistently observe to happen. I still have no clue how my taste works otherwise, lol.

So, I had a look at my synchro rates with others. Here are the results in ascending order:

Asuka 9% (below threshold)
Rei 22% (more promising)
Mari 27% (I was hoping for higher)
Kaworu 57% ( . . . . . )

Kaworu wins. I'm left feeling... short-changed.

Oh, affinity rates, you say? Oh. Okay, I'll go away and do it properly, then.

I'm an American, and I've never seem Highlander or Braveheart, never had haggis or Irn Bru, and have never worn a kilt. I guess I'm just totally out of the loop, lol...
Well I'm a Manc, but half my family's from Edinburgh so I've done the lot there. I still say the best thing to come out of Scotland is chip sauce :)

Back