So what’s your MyAnimeList statistics?

How do you have the time to both watch all that anime and go through MAL finding all those series to watch!?
The answer to the latter half is in a big part this:
Wow that's a lot of anime, makes my total look minute. I have so much to watch and so much yet to discover. Scrolling through your completed section has led me to start adding more to my plan to watch list.
Through not even that much specific scrolling, more like looking at my panel "Oh x has has an update on that title, there is an add button, so I don't have it on my list, let's add it!"
And also scrolling through seasonal things. And there are the most randomst reasons, like OST composer, director, etc. I am not particular picky at putting things on my ptw. Basically anything I spot that's not ecchi, ends up there to the point the list has gone rather useless. I am trying to put in comments as to why again I put it in, but I always forget about discipline. (It's working better for my movie PTW list. moviepilot.de only has two fields when I add a title, one being a hard to oversee comment box.)

As for the former: This time figure displays Running Time consumed. It does not reflect Time spent watching. The latter I have really no idea how much it is. I frequently rewatch certain great scenes in a loop, because they are just great or watch so much AMV footage, there are also look OP/ED watchings, while skipping OP/ED is also frequently happening, should I not like it. I also accelerate playback. 1.23x is a cozy space where no additional concentration is needed. The utmost extreme I ever managed for a regular show that's not just 20 minutes of static was 3x, but that was a one of a time so far. Generally, if I do not feel any itching on to want to accelerate, the thing is a really well put together show, I would want to buy on BD, for which does exist a single player than can accelerate with audio preserved.

In other words it's debatable whether I cheat or not, but it's not really a contest anyway.

But back to you question nonetheless:
The answer would be "I don't. At least, not anymore." Just look at my MAL history, there was no much anime watching at all recently. I accumulated a lot in the past, because I really was never picky. A lot of tr... subpar stuff ended up there, because I really just watched anything I could get hands on excusing myself with "I am training Japanese listening comprehension with this." Acceleration tricks started around when I entered university and had less time, because, ultimately, I just want to still try out everything out there. But it's getting increasingly unfeasible. Still apparently I managed 32.2 days of running time in 2017.

So, well. Learn to be properly selective, it saves a ton of time, I suppose?

Ah, that all makes sense I guess.

Hang on a second.
I also accelerate playback. 1.23x is a cozy space where no additional concentration is needed.
You whaaaaaa...
The utmost extreme I ever managed for a regular show that's not just 20 minutes of static was 3x, but that was a one of a time so far.
AAAAAAAA

Also now having snooped on everyone's MAL I like how the only show that we share which you rated higher than me is the one show I dropped. Yet somehow we still have a higher affinity than me and Lemon, who rated a good deal of the things we share identically or within one or two points. Make sense of that, if you can.

I'm pretty sure rating Bubblegum Crisis a 4 is recognised as a crime against humanity.

Last edited:
Ah, that all makes sense I guess.

Hang on a second.

You whaaaaaa...

AAAAAAAA
Well, it's not a big deal, if you have trained yourself to deaccelerate everything in your head. Perceived cognotion is still real time, if I want it to. Of course that requires a bit more attention and brain resources to do, so everything from 1.5x can get strenous after a long workday. Though there is also the case of just shutting up half of your brain. When you don't quesiton anything, but just passively consume it like a recorder and think about it later, when it's all already in your head, 1,92 is also no big deal. Through that only works with average shows that really aren't challenging at all. Also doesn't work well on very atmosphere dense shows.
The 3x happened on that gamling machine arc of Kaiji S2. Funnily I was warned before and the person said "If they start of that pachinko machine, turn the speed up to 3x and hope it'll be over soon." My aswer was. "Look, even talking about my notoriousity, the highest for a regular show I managed was 2,12 and that was a show with slow poke animation as was common some decades ago." I genuinly started at 1x and did end up at 3x after all...

Also now having snooped on everyone's MAL I like how the only show that we share which you rated higher than me is the one show I dropped.
Yet somehow we still have a higher affinity than me and Lemon, who rated a good deal of the things we share identically or within one or two points. Make sense of that, if you can.
That's pretty simple. If your pattern is like generally to rank about the same points lower than me, than your relative distribution across titles is still very similiar to mine as opposed to somebody who is half exactly like you and half totally diffrent. But really, your other affinity is even worse than the 9.9% we have? That's on is pretty rarely low levels with my list, since I watch just about anything and usually there is also a good deal of decent partial overlap.

Oh and if you mean Disgea as the one you dropped that I rated higher: That one had had some considerable default rabbit-character bonus. I mean this is about the only one, where I got a hard boiled (non-militant) rabbit! (The other one being the militant one in Cat **** One, which really I just watched for the rabbits.) I'd gotten this from an RS sale and did not expect anything, so I was a bit pleasantly surprised about the rabbit treat. Not that it really influenced overall my scoring through, since I would still not rewatch it anyhow. (And that being a critieria to enter 6+ ranks) And generally I don't think it's really bad either. It not really good, and generelly you don't lose out on missing it, but it's also not anyhow inherently awful. And, it made me want a good show with an hardboiled rabbit character in it!

Well, it's not a big deal, if you have trained yourself to deaccelerate everything in your head. Perceived cognotion is still real time, if I want it to. Of course that requires a bit more attention and brain resources to do, so everything from 1.5x can get strenous after a long workday. Though there is also the case of just shutting up half of your brain. When you don't quesiton anything, but just passively consume it like a recorder and think about it later, when it's all already in your head, 1,92 is also no big deal. Through that only works with average shows that really aren't challenging at all. Also doesn't work well on very atmosphere dense shows.
So let me get this straight - You're able to shut off half your brain, decelerate time, record information into your mind at high speed and then play it back later at the correct speed? It feels like you should maybe get in touch with S.H.I.E.L.D. :p

But really, your other affinity is even worse than the 9.9% we have? That's on is pretty rarely low levels with my list, since I watch just about anything and usually there is also a good deal of decent partial overlap.
Mine and Lemon's is 7.6% for reasons which are beyond me as our only real disagreement is on GitS - I thought that was maybe because I'd chosen GitS as a favourite, but if that's the case mine and your affinity should have gone through the floor given how many of my 10/10 favourites you've rated at like 4 or 5. But that's nothing, 9.9% is actually not bad for me by the looks of things, my affinity with our very own @Zin5ki is minus 18.5%. If fabby will be my friend again ours is pretty high at 43.4%, but I think he's gone ;_;

Oh and if you mean Disgea as the one you dropped that I rated higher: That one had had some considerable default rabbit-character bonus. I mean this is about the only one, where I got a hard boiled (non-militant) rabbit! (The other one being the militant one in Cat **** One, which really I just watched for the rabbits.) I'd gotten this from an RS sale and did not expect anything, so I was a bit pleasantly surprised about the rabbit treat. Not that it really influenced overall my scoring through, since I would still not rewatch it anyhow. (And that being a critieria to enter 6+ ranks) And generally I don't think it's really bad either. It not really good, and generelly you don't lose out on missing it, but it's also not anyhow inherently awful. And, it made me want a good show with an hardboiled rabbit character in it!
I'm afraid I honestly can't remember anything about Disgaea besides the penguins which I just found annoying. It totally failed to hold my attention at all and that's a rare feat indeed.

So let me get this straight - You're able to shut off half your brain, decelerate time, record information into your mind at high speed and then play it back later at the correct speed? It feels like you should maybe get in touch with S.H.I.E.L.D. :p
This makes it sound more fancy than it is, but in essence kinda yes, but it's only really realibly applicable for things that are "easy". Everyday occurences, bad-mid-score anime and like anything that isn't really all that much in need of actual thinking and keeping a very close watch on really everything there is. So no, I would not be able to simply sit though a lecture over nonlinear 5 dimensions algebra and go out an be a math wizz. But I might remember the relative positions in which some of those matrixes were drawn on the board, but possibly not so much in detail, that I remember all the numbers in there. (Think of a 360p fuzzy "recording"?)
And, also: This is by no means anything really generally recommendable dI'd suggest people to copy. Once you start accelerating, and do it a bit too often so you got used to it, you will notice ho excruxiantinly slow some potions of your life are (RL work meetings....) and you have to constantly fight off drowsiness. (In addition to the fact, that I have contant sleep deprivement due to absurd sleep cycles.) On way to counter this is mentioned shut off brain and just record it. But this has its fallicies as well: If you shut up wrong, you are basically asleep. With watching stuff that no big deal, just switch back the scene, which doesn't work with RL all that well. Even if you shut up half, there is some latency in you response time, should anybody actually address you. You can cloud it under a face of "I am contemplating what you say", while reconstructing in high speed, whatever he just said, but most definitely I do not manage to smile when I have that brain standby mode.
Also, If I forget about replaying things in my head in time to consolidate the information, that's like misplacing you anime download somewhere in some of your hard drives without a proper filename, so you search index won't help you either. Practically speaking, this memory might end up being lost to oblivion or emmerge at the weirdes of times later one. Possibly with some data corruption, too, but sometimes quite clear and crisp as well.
As I result I sometimes am totally oblivious to some things while at other times remembering thing in quite the amount of details and usually people find that very perplexing, because I remember the weirdes details, while totally forgetting some other obvious things only to later facedesk, because it was so obvious.

But the worst part of it is about talking: If your mind is to fast, your mouth does not catch up. If I force it to catch up, I have to dismiss conscious vocal controls, which results in voice volumes and intonation being all over the place as in way to loud, way to whispery, unclear and often enough just muttering. And even then it's often too fast, so my talking tends to have a lot of jumps and omissions. And if I pay attention, everything is just so painfully, painfully slow.
Those active and passive brain functions seem to be diffrent brain areas or something? At least coordinating them is quite a challenge.

I'm afraid I honestly can't remember anything about Disgaea besides the penguins which I just found annoying. It totally failed to hold my attention at all and that's a rare feat indeed.
Oh. I just realized that I switched up titles, I meant something totally else (Dokkoiada. at least it's also stating with d and ends with a).
But yes, Disgaea is pretty dismissable, has nothing special and doesn't hold much of an attention. But I also didn't find it offending and also didn't feel like some brain cells got killed, so it's not a 4. More like an uprounded 4.5. but then, I only watched it while tidying up my table or something, so my expectations wheren't particularly high.

I haven't logged into MAL in a while and I haven't updated it in ages, I'd hate for people to view it and judge my tastes based on looking at the scores I've given, attributing a number to something has always been dumb and I always hate doing it. I tend to enjoy a lot of what I watch because I do everything in my power to make it a pleasant experience, and I tend to place extra precedent on those ephemeral feelings. I guess the best way to go is to not give it too much thought because in the end my feelings can't just amount to a number! (Or can it?) I find it works wonders riling people up tho! Evangelion 1.11 out of 10.

That'd make an interesting sub-topic...

What's everyone's highest affinity and with whom?

Under the old Compatibility system I had someone with 99.1% which was slightly scary. When it changed to the new system it dropped to the low 90s, though, and now it's barely noteworthy.

My highest affinity to someone on this thread with a link to their MAL list is with Crashmatt on 35.2% (165 shared). My lowest is with Ayase on -16.8% (13 shared) - no surprise there.

And I always thought speeding up anime was a memetic joke that people just said to troll and noone actually did? If you watch something at any speed other than 1x you haven't actually watched it at all tbh.

I haven't put my stats up yet (still adding rewatches), but as someone came up with another way to procrastinate, I thought I'd check the Affinity thing.

Out of my friends @Jaysgba had the most in common at 137 and least was @Azar (at least I think it's you) at 67.

Most affinity was @Blaize with 52.2% (100) and least was @Neil.T :eek: at 25.1% (103). The biggest difference being Terror in Resonance at -5 points! (I might have to cut him from my fiends list for that 😉)

After a bit of an extended search both @ayase accounts had least in common, although I assume neither are complete (45 new and 40 old from 8 years ago!) and @Zin5ki is least Affinity at -13.6% (48). Boy does he hate Ghibli :p, we had 4 anime with -4 points difference, all Ghibli including Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away :eek::eek::eek:

I don't give 10s, because that (in my mind) suggests perfection and nothing is ever perfect. If I ignored the numbering and went with the words as ratings I probably could go with Masterpiece as a rating as even things called Masterpieces have their flaws, see the discussion on Akira Kurasawa on another thread. I also don't think I've given anything less than a 5, I'm probably too generous/try and pick stuff I know I like. I probably need to change my system before I watch more stuff and my list gets bigger.

Well that wasted an hour 😁

Back