So, what's for lunch?

I can barely keep track of the user titles anymore...

You seemed to be a Death Scythe forever!

Oooh, I forgot to mention another drink I like: a bit of "Dandy"-lion and burdock, especially the Fentimans variety!

I don't believe I've ever drunk that, I've heard it's sort of like root beer.

Haha, I actually can't stand root beer XD D&B though, it's hard to describe the taste, but it's definitely not like root beer (in my opinion anyway).

Can’t agree with the bacon though, bacons just plain evil. Totally vile.

I like bacon, though I'm not crazy about it. Now fish, I love fish! I'm guessing many of you will have tried sushi and or sashimi? Somehow as much as I love fish I just don't know if I could eat it raw :S

I echo the al dente thing. Fish I like, not as much as chicken, personally I probably wont try sushi for the same reason I heat up stuff like steak; I’d rather not risk potential parasites. I admit it might seem a bit odd but some are nasty and I’d rather avoid them if possible.

Of all the meats though I'd say chicken is my fave. I also like pork. Beef not so much, and I can't stand lamb! That said, I generally prefer veggies, and I could live without meat.

@~AyaMachi~ I’m mostly the opposite there, I must have meat! Mostly different tastes to you though. Whilst chicken is also my fave I have to say... pork is also evil! Beef is good as is lamb, kangaroo makes for a good burger, not so much as a steak. Crocodile I can take or leave, ostrich is pretty good but venison is heavenly!

Meat is awesome. Gotta have my meat! Steaks, turkey, ribs, pork chops, ham, chicken, and for Breakfast bacon, sausage, or my favorite, scrapple - a local delicacy made from cornmeal and pork scraps, like hearts, livers, tongues, skin, ears, tails, and wings, lol - see ingredients on package!).

scrapple0.jpg

I like just about any meat, except lamb I'm not too fond of. I do like all shellfish, squid, and octopus more than I do regular fish. Sashimi over sushi anytime.

Last edited:
Mmmm, that looks really tasty, dude! 😋

How was it? Looks nice and filling.
Was very nice, went to Eat Tokyo, was quite cheap as well. My friend had a load of different Japanese dishes that I tried-was an interesting experience

Waste not want not, eh! How's the taste and texture? How is it eaten? It looks like a pate or something...
From this image it looks like meatloaf or maybe savoury duck.
1371591213278.jpeg

It is usually deep fried at restaurants, at home I prefer pan fried with a little butter, which I think tastes better. It has a very mild liver flavor to it, but it's mostly cornmeal. It can be eaten plain, with maple syrup, or as a breakfast sandwich with a fried egg between slices of bread and whatever else you want to add. I buy it sliced off a 5 lb. loaf just like seen in the photo - that is the good, fresh scrapple from the deli, as opposed to pre-packaed from the grocery store like my photo. There are people I know that do eat it "raw" without frying it, but it's actually already fully cooked - it's slow cooked for something like 24-48 hours when it made.

LFA55HOoZ_-uzRVuw-Em-H51RNK2x6rrCOxbe6pNJW33NBMhWprN4sdtbFhp0muJptYsnFXdV8z--uF_wFIzVgoGXZJkGiDOdMAlIR5liBN1ev6DJTjF34Sa=w530-h339-p

Last edited:
Back