So what just happened at UK Anime Network?

This is an absolute joke. This means that every action taken to respond to the blowback has been completely undone and rendered moot, essentially supporting the awful views he was spouting on the podcast. They essentially just went to the Winchester and waited for it all to blow over...

I can only assume figures went down, though I kinda believe its because of this why they dropped as I unfollowed UKA immediately and only looked when I had to for that MVM news in May.

Technically he'll just be providing content now, rather than being EIC.
Still a terrible decision that I will believe will backfire tremendously. He shouldnt be near a major anime site that has backing from a UK distributor. I mean if MVM still keeps giving AnimeIndy gossip I may have to stop supporting MVM that podcast was abhorrent with the worst sources ive ever seen and it was just vile.

Still a terrible decision that I will believe will backfire tremendously. He shouldnt be near a major anime site that has backing from a UK distributor. I mean if MVM still keeps giving AnimeIndy gossip I may have to stop supporting MVM that podcast was abhorrent with the worst sources ive ever seen and it was just vile.
I agree that it is an awful decision.

the guy would still have friends on the old site, as far as I can assume it would be them that want him to do some work. any blowback is nothing but a reaction at this point, some people think what he said just isn't that bad, but he didn't look into what he said which as it turned out he was incorrect. should he not work with some old friends for that?

the guy would still have friends on the old site, as far as I can assume it would be them that want him to do some work. any blowback is nothing but a reaction at this point, some people think what he said just isn't that bad, but he didn't look into what he said which as it turned out he was incorrect. should he not work with some old friends for that?

Because the website has a reputation to uphold, he said some things that are certainly controversial, and upset a large number of their audience. By accepting him back, they're essentially disregarding the large amount of people who were outraged by the appalling things he said.

Because the website has a reputation to uphold, he said some things that are certainly controversial, and upset a large number of their audience. By accepting him back, they're essentially disregarding the large amount of people who were outraged by the appalling things he said.
The majority of which were outraged without even listening to the podcast itself.

Back