So here has been to japan?

Hey Bakamatsu, I hope you're really excited. I had a fantastic time in Japan, if I get time I will try and put up some pics of my trip.

Since I got back I've not really been on AUKN that much... :(

Kaede said:
Hey Bakamatsu, I hope you're really excited. I had a fantastic time in Japan, if I get time I will try and put up some pics of my trip.

Since I got back I've not really been on AUKN that much... :(

What do you mean, AUKN isnt the same anymore after being in Japan :p

At this present moment I am in an "ok" state but I know I will just sleep a few hours on the night before lol

Random said:
Hato Bus is one to check. I think they're one of if not the biggest and do bookings and pickups from the major hotels.

Thanks for the tip. I had that name already so will check them anyway.

bakum4tsu said:
Yes i had the idea that the airport its one of the worst places to change money so i will still keep that in mind. I have read about city bank atms or post office as this last one being the best to change or withdraw money.

I will check a few shops in here to see whos given best rate and start changing in the next 2 weeks i guess since its only 4 weeks left to go.

Check using this tool: http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/

Arriving at the airport to change money without pre-booking isn't one of the worst, it is the worst place.

Yen probably won't be held by many of the shops on the high-street so will probably need to be pre-ordered, be aware of ordering online as some banks treat it as a foreign transaction and charge extras (and avoid using a credit card as some cards treat it as a cash redraw and charge interest from day 1)

Thanks for tips, me and my girlfriend got some nice yens already each and we know which atm's allows to withdraw money, even though it will have some costs for sure which is fair lol

So im back from japan and all i can say its that it was great and even better than i was expecting. All of you should go there at least once.

So about photos, got tons of photos but i can post some of akihabara i guess lol I saw a ferrari customized with attack on titan theme. It was great to see.

I'm jealous of you, like, really jealous. One of my friends talked about possibly going to Japan next year which I would love to do.
Sure, go ahead and post your photos, I'd love to see some. If you've got a lot though maybe it would be an idea to make a folder on an image hosting site, upload the images and post the link to it here.
Did you buy anything nice whilst you were there?

Regarding anime i just bought 4 little figures. The rest was like souvernirs stuff. Things were too damn expensive and just being there is the best gift i can have even though ive paid for it lol

Regarding photos, i will post a few.

Some pics are not perfect so sorry.

9i7gaq.jpg

2pr8cia.jpg

e8rbwo.jpg

a0hzba.jpg

2lm5fa0.jpg

n33sd2.jpg

2yyb3tv.jpg

2yyb3tv.jpg

2r55kjd.jpg

2yto21h.jpg

2vi1ohy.jpg

Glad you had a good time, I'd have been surprised if you didn't. I had to abandon my plans to go again this autumn but fingers crossed I may get back out there next year :D

You made it back and brought pictures! Yay!

Now we want to hear all of your stories about what you got up :)

R

Well, dont know where to start...

bathrooms?? insane to say the least lol this is hard to explain in english but toilets can do a lot of stuff like spraying nice perfume, "dropping" water everytime you seat on it lol

they can throw water to your *** and so on and so on. My girlfriend told me even more stuff that can happen in girls bathroom.

There are no trash cans in the street but still the streets are clean?? just great and i walked a few meters a lot of times with empty cans until finding the next trash can near the vending machines

Speaking about vending machines... I miss those now already. Ive used them a lot, they are everywhere and the content it was cheaper than i thought.

I went to Tokyo Government city building (floor 45 view free), Gyoen Park which was behind my hotel basicaly (garden of words), Meiji Shrine, Ueno Park, Imperial Gardens, Tokyo Tower, Zojo-ji Temple right next to Tokyo Tower, Hama-Rikyu Garden near Tokyo Tower zone too. I went to Tokyo Big Sight (where it happens Comiket) and to see gundam robot. Went to Akihabara of course and Senso-ji temple in Asakusa which it was fantastic. Edo-Tokyo museum was great too and since im a big samurai fan, it was fabulous. Went to see Tokyo International Forum outside and inside, insane building. Loved Takeshita street too and Kabukichō street too, during day and night. Fantastic. I went to Shibuya which is was massivle crowded and i did love it. Of course i did a video recording the street when people were crossing it. Insane. I went to a lot of temples than were appearing out of nowhere in the middle of the buildings. Like you have skyscrapers and then.. temples eheh Really great. I did love the sounds of cicadas (not sure if this is the correct name in english) as it was 100% like the ones you hear in the anime lolol I have cicadas here but they just keep bepping the same sound as a continuous sound and not like the ones where we can hear in the anime. Not sure if i have explained this well...

I did not went to Tokyo Sky Tree but it was in the plans in the first place. But since i went for free in the TOkyo Governamental City Building and paid very little for tokyo tower, i thought i woulnt wanna to pay around way more for Tokyo sky tree but is indeed a big building.

I have stayed in SHinjuku and as far i as i know i think is the second most crowded center of tokyo, where shibuya i think its the first one.

Went to see 2 temples near Akihabara where one of them was really great, its called Kanda Myojin Shrine. I took a look at the outside of tokyo dome too and there was a big roller coaster right next to it where the rail goes through the building.

I have walked a lot indeed and I didnt use any metro/trains for the first two days and in those first two days i did a lot of miles for sure and my girlfriend suffered a bit :\

After that ive started taking metro and train and it was fun. Quite surprise to see than almost all of the japanese were "playing" with the phone in the metro/train, no one speaking loudly. The respect really surprised and was not only in the train/metro but everywhere. Everytime you walk into a store, they say that thing that you hear in the anime, once you get to pay, they say another 2 or 3 things again and as far i know, the first thing is "tank you for waiting". Oh boy, I could go on forever. lol

If anyone has the change to visit japan,just go for it blindly. I plan to go back to take a tour around the country visiting more cities.

I think this text is enough for now. I will probably write some more next time i come. :)

Bakum4tsu, you should post some photos of some pretty Japanese girls too, not just anime related stuff. Don't tell you didn't take any because you were with your girlfriend, we all know it's not the truth.

Teo

teonzo said:
Bakum4tsu, you should post some photos of some pretty Japanese girls too, not just anime related stuff. Don't tell you didn't take any because you were with your girlfriend, we all know it's not the truth.

Teo

Ahaha i can try to place some different photos then :p

Dont know if you can find the girl of your dreams but take a look.

Take a closed look to the last photo.. i had to take a photo to that... LOL

Really nice pics, Bakumatsu! The Gundam cafe looks amazing. I wonder what type of people actually frequent it. Is it mainly for the otaku tourism (which is right up there with 'drug tourism' on the list of undesirable types of tourism :p) or is there a base of local Gundam lovers who simply won't have their lunch time coffee served by anyone who isn't wearing a cute Gundam outfit (please tell me the staff wear cute Gundam outfits!). I'm always in awe of Japan when I contemplate how humongous Gundam is over there. It truly must be God's land.

I'm also in awe of how they decided to call their equivalent of the House of Commons or whatever, the DIET building. It's a wonderful example of Japanese self-depreciating and ironic humour, ya know, because there are so many fat cats in that building......whooooooweeeeeeeeeeee. I'll get my coat.

After a few months I have decided to make a video about my Tokyo Trip. The quality isnt great and the camera aint steady but i never thought about doing the video anyway... hope you enjoy the video as much i did doing it and being there. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny enough I am thinking of going again to japan. Only problem is that I have 4 different groups of friends that want to go. Me and my missus are having a hell of a time trying to figure out who to go with. We are planning to go for 3 weeks this time and seeing everything else bar tokyo, since we did that last time!

I am glad you're planning to go again already, I cant say the same thing xD

I plan to go in a few years but not anytime soon unfortunately...

Ok so i have just got back from 2 weeks in Japan! We went to Hirosama, Kyoto, Osaka, Miyama Island, Hiyama Castle, Sapporo, Hokkaido and Tokyo! I will be updating with photos over the next couple of days!( I know that i didn't put pictures up from the last trip I did 2 years ago, but i lost my phone so that is my excuse and I am sticking to it!) I will put them them up! Best holiday ever!

Back