So here has been to japan?

devilrules666

Combat Butler
So who here has been to japan? I am going in March and was wondering what cool experiences you guys have had over there! What to watch out for for and any do's and don'ts would be really helpful!

Hey, Devilrules.

You are in for a treat! I went to Tokyo for 10 days and it was incredible. Anyone with an interest in anime, video games or Japanese culture would absoloutely love it. You're gonna be there for cherry blossom season as well it would seem! :thumb:

Whereabouts will you be going to? Anything in paticular you want to see? As for Tokyo, I went to the Ghibli museum which is a must (although not very big), drank in the skybars of the Shinjuku hotels, hung out in Harajuku and visited the Meiji Jingu shrine, visited Yokohama for a football match and I also managed a day trip to Kyoto but it wasn't nearly enough.

I'm planning a trip for next year, hoping to spend three weeks travelling around.

Like Kaede says, it really depends on the sort of things you want to do. I could say visit the official Evangelion store and the ufotable cafe, but they might be terrible ideas for you. You could take a day trip to Nikko, but you might not like monkeys...

Okinawa and Kyoto are my favourite places in Japan. Tokyo sure is big and nice, but nothing in there blew my mind off, as Okinawa and Kyoto did.

I know I am going to the ghibi museum,mount Fuji, akibana and all the famous shopping spots. Also a tour around aanime studio. We are also going to be staying in a old fashioned steam bath inn. Is there any good tips you guys would give someone in terms of Japanese culture?

Akibana?

What sort of cultural tips. What matters changes drastically from one person to another. For instance, you should not walk whilst smoking in Japan. They can fine you.

If you have a free day, I'd recommend visiting Asakusa, Ueno Park or if you want to go a litlte further, go to Nikko.

devilrules666 said:
I know I am going to the ghibi museum,mount Fuji, akibana and all the famous shopping spots. Also a tour around aanime studio. We are also going to be staying in a old fashioned steam bath inn. Is there any good tips you guys would give someone in terms of Japanese culture?

Akihabara? It's infamous as something of a Mecca for otaku culture, but it's really not that special. :( Harajuku and the Meiji Jingu shrine should be near the top of your list!!

I'd be very interested to hear about your experinces at the steam bath inn! That sounds awesome!

I didn't know you couldn't walk along smoking, but I did find out that you shouldn't walk along whilst eating....people will stare at you. Also, don't cross the road until you see the green man! ;)

Whats that place in Tokyo that's renowned for having the most fashionable young people in the world? I need to know so that when I go to Tokyo I can be among my brethren :lol:

Harajuku is better known for alternative fashion, so maybe it's Shibuya, as Kaede said.

Unrelated, it's funny to say Kaede and see Kaneda in the prof pic.... =)

Possibly he means Omotesando (which is in Harajuku right?)

Hmmm, I should get a new avatar for the new year, but I haven't been posting much recently.

Joshawott said:
Kaede said:
Also, don't cross the road until you see the green man! ;)
Only Londoners don't do that.

yeah, don't do that, i did that right next to a 'police box' which is like a mini police station, the policeman there came out and gave us a right stare, but i guess since we were 'westerners' he let us off

but don't cross any crossing without the green man whether or not there's any cars coming, its crazy lol!

Back