Site problems

It's your url that messes it up. I can quote your post without it... hence...

"
Reaper gI said:
vashdaman said:
@Reaper GI(I don't know how to mult quote): when you say moe boom I'm not even entirely sure what you mean, unless it has somethimg to do with moe the bartender from the Simpsons? Nah I have actually heard the word being used a couple times on this forum and whenever, but I still don't know what it means and I refuse to google it(incase the search comes up with erotic games :? ). Incase you weren't aware, as I think I have mentioned before I have pretty much been living in a cave the last ten years.

But when you say Sturgeons Law applies if you mean that 95% of everything is crap, then yeah I'd certainly agree, I guess animes no different to anything else in regards to that. But still I'd appreciate it if amime's 95% of crap wasn't erotic game crap, but I guess it's irrelevant crap is crap.

Read the discussion page as well, it's a very vague term.
moe boom = boom in (or due to) that in anime. Starting with ToHeart, and NGE.

90% of eroge adaptaions are crap, 90% of action series are crap etc.
10% not being crap generaly still applies.
Not liking a whole genre is fine, saying they're all bad is wrong.
I don't go near yaoi/BL anime and think it is cancerous, this does not make all of it bad; some will still be good, but I'd never watch it to check.
"

But some characters make posting go bad...

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_fcgid/2.3.5 Phusion_Passenger/2.2.15 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at forums.animeuknews.net Port 80

Had the above message a few times just before/after 4.00pm today.

The Competition Section hasn't been updated in some time.

Are there any new Competitions or can someone put a "none at this time" rather than leave the current information?

Thanks.

Boss swooped by and sorted it. It was fine on the main site but the link to the page from the forums needed updating.

R

Hi!
Is there a problem with the signatures on the fórum?
I can't see mine neither the ones of the other users.

Signatures were disabled since they were being used to advertise and/or to incorporate disruptive images. Posting one off pictures etc in appropriate threads is fine, of course!

R

I just typed out a post in the viewing thread and the spoiler tags didn't work. I tried copying the same text into this message and, again, nothing. But it spoiler tags this no problem.

So I dunno. All I can think of is that there's something in the post I typed that's preventing the tags from functioning. But I didn't include any weird characters or images or anything.

EDIT: Okay, I've removed the quoted text from the post and it worked. I'm sure at some point I must've quoted someone and used spoiler tags in the same post, but I've never had that issue before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to post in the xbox thread in order to congratulate Zinki on his stellar posting, but it just wasn't happening :s Obviously not a biggie, but thought I'd let you know in case it's of any interest to ya'll.

EDIT: but I can post in this thread, weird.

Edit 2: No need to trouble yourselves, my amateur forum bug sleuthing yielded success: It was the small writing in Zinki's post which I had quoted that prevented my post.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I just typed out a post in the viewing thread and the spoiler tags didn't work. I tried copying the same text into this message and, again, nothing. But it spoiler tags this no problem.

So I dunno. All I can think of is that there's something in the post I typed that's preventing the tags from functioning. But I didn't include any weird characters or images or anything.

EDIT: Okay, I've removed the quoted text from the post and it worked. I'm sure at some point I must've quoted someone and used spoiler tags in the same post, but I've never had that issue before.

Thanks for the heads up. One more bug to the list...

Last edited by a moderator:
vashdaman said:
I tried to post in the xbox thread in order to congratulate Zinki on his stellar posting, but it just wasn't happening :s Obviously not a biggie, but thought I'd let you know in case it's of any interest to ya'll.

EDIT: but I can post in this thread, weird.

Edit 2: No need to trouble yourselves, my amateur forum bug sleuthing yielded success: It was the small writing in Zinki's post which I had quoted that prevented my post.
Mmm, interesting. Can you link me to his post so I can take a look into this?

Chaos poked around earlier and fixed some things. Would it be possible for people to post in this thread (with a link to the evidence) if they find the quoting bugs happening again (i.e. problems quoting links/formatting, quoting multiple times in one post or quoting in the same post as a spoiler tag)?

Thank you~

R

Back