Simulwatch schedule and suggestions list

@Neil.T want to add Blood to regular simulwatch for the 31st of October?
It is done. 👍

Once the thread's been created by @WMD, I'll turn the listing in the opening post into a link, as per my usual practice. Plenty of time for that yet, mind. 😁

We've got some good stuff coming up on the simulwatching front right now. I'm particularly looking forward to Ergo Proxy. Is it gonna be your first time watching the series, @Lordhippos?

Hi, folks. Just as an early heads-up, the thread for late October's Train to Busan trilogy simulwatch is now up and active in the Media Discussion section of the forums:

A link is also available in the schedule found in the opening post of this thread, as per usual.

Interesting that went into media discussion, I think most of the time the simulwatches get posted in the general anime one, but perhaps media discussion is actually a better place for them to go?

Damn infallible logic you got there! 🤣
😜

Well, you know, what is it that they say? "Think before you post"?
thinkbeforeyouspeak.jpg

Meh. Oh well, my post was truthful at least. One out of five ain't too bad!

for halloween I feel a genuine horror show needs to be seen
I definitely second that but wouldn't mind a comedy horror after a proper horror if there's a good one going.
Let's throw it out there, then:

Anyone want to help turn Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun into a simulwatch sometime?
Same as per @WMD, I'd probably be happy to watch this one in a year's time or so.
Blood the last vampire
I'll add my vote to that as I actually never managed to see it. Nonetheless a copy is sitting on my shelf and it's pretty short unless I'm mistaken. Is petshop of horrors any good for a future short/movie-typr simulwatch? I got that off the MVM sales earlier and it's 4 episodes I think so not far off from a movie.
There's always Urotsukidōji 😏😏😏😏😜
🤣 🤣 🤣 We've got to do that at some point.
Heh I remember reading the synopsis for that in my youth and having a chuckle whilst going on to pick up Ghost in the Shell instead. Have always wondered what I'm missing out here though!
Got all the bloods except this one, which is probably the one I actually want to watch the most. Please share if anyone knows if this is available to buy anywhere.
Got to be on Halloween yes
I second that and it looks like it's a plan. Good stuff.

@Geriatric hedgehog, @WMD:
I've added Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun to the schedule for October 2022. Let's see where we're all at in a year's time! 😜

Is petshop of horrors any good for a future short/movie-typr simulwatch?
Is actually is, yeah. I wasn't expecting much from it, but it really pleasantly surprised me. The voice cast's excellent, too: the main duo are played by Masaya Onosaka (Vash in Trigun) and Toshihiko Seki (Senketsu in Kill la Kill).

I'm interested in it as well, so I'll add it to the suggestions list. 👍

Re: Manga's version of Urotsukidōji...
Have always wondered what I'm missing out here though!
Tentacles and censorship, mainly. Lots of both.

Re: Blood+...
Please share if anyone knows if this is available to buy anywhere.
You're looking to region-1 DVD for that, I think. As for availability, it's probably on the expensive side now.

I know that it's never had a region-2 release because Sony, who I understand hold the license for it, have always asked for an exorbitant fee anytime a distributor's come a-knocking to enquire about getting it.

Last edited:
You're looking to region-1 DVD for that, I think. As for availability, it's probably on the expensive side now.

I know that it's never had a region-2 release because Sony, who I understand hold the license for it, have always asked for an exorbitant fee anytime a distributor's come a-knocking to enquire about getting it.
Yeah it's so annoying. I guess now theres the tiniest hope funi might release it but I'm not holding my breath. My copy is actually a bootleg I bought years ago as I didnt have much money back then.

Yeah I couldn't find even that and the random parts that were on eBay were just extortionate...
I guess now theres the tiniest hope funi might release it but I'm not holding my breath. My copy is actually a bootleg I bought years ago as I didnt have much money back then.
Hmmm that is a tad bit more possible now I guess but yeah still seems pretty unlikely... Shame that such a revered series is nigh impossible to obtain...

Back