Simulwatch schedule and suggestions list

Yeah I agree to be honest. Especially if you miss a few days and are trying to catch up having a shorter thread to go through that's only about 1 show is useful.
Yeah, I think it's much easier for navigation, and much easier to archive, too.

I've already deleted that generic thread I set up earlier in favour of continuing with distinct threads for each simulwatch.

For clarity I was potentially suggesting a separate thread for discussing of some alternate watch stuff instead of using this one, but if people don't have a problem with it, then we can all carry on discussing here, just didn't want to take stuff too off-topic or make the options too confusing.

I think it could be good to have two simulwatch slots concurrently though as there seems to be quite a few things people are interested in watching. People could opt in or out of joining for either/both. Could run them at 2 week intervals, so slot 1 roughly starts at beginning of month, slot 2 roughly the middle. Reduces overlap then for peope doing both.

I have some shows I'd watch anyway so happy to lead some alternate threads for a bit in addition to the ones you arrange here?

I agree one thread per show being watched makes sense.

@Lordhippos:

Cool. 👍

We'll carry on as we've been doing then, with a thread for each simulwatch, and we can use this as our hub for working things out.

I have some shows I'd watch anyway so happy to lead some alternate threads for a bit in addition to the ones you arrange here?
Absolutely, go for your life, man. Any thread that anyone sets up as a simulwatch, I'll link to it in the schedule here. I get alerts for new threads in this section of the forum, so nothing should slip through the net anyway.

All the links will go in the opening post, just as one leading to your own Satoshi Kon simulwatch is archived there. 🙂

Last edited:
I've setup Shiki for mid-September provisionally the 15th, this should avoid crossover with other simulwatch activity a bit.

It's a week or so until the next one starts with Barakamon, so I wondered if people wanted to a single film in the next week? Bank Holiday weekend coming up too which means an extra day off to watch in :)

Could be anything. From those mentioned lately, I haven't seen:
  • Anthem of the Heart
  • A Letter to Momo
  • Okko's Inn
  • I want to eat your Pancreas
  • Maquia
  • Metropolis
  • Napping Princess
  • Ninja Scroll
  • Steamboy
  • Sword of the Stranger

Last edited:
I've setup Shiki for mid-September provisionally the 15th
I've linked your Shiki thread in the scheduled list in this thread's opening post, dude. 👍

I'm on holiday at the moment but would like to a part of the Busan Films so would prefer if we could put that off for now.
Yeah, I've got that down for October sometime, to tie in with Halloween and all that.

It'd be great to watch them along with you, man. 😀

Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Mirai
Anthem of the Heart
Like I said earlier, with Hosoda's new film coming up I really think a season leading up to it would be cool. There's only 5 (unless people want to do some extracurricular activity and watch his Digimon film), so one a week up till the release of Belle could easily be fit around others watching habits, be it seasonal or other simulwatches. There's no release date yet though.

I'd be up for Anthem of the Heart. It was my first AL purchase and I haven't watched it for a while.

Equally I think Ghibli should have it's own season, or maybe pick one not from the big 2. There would still be a fair few to choose from, I'd pick Marnie as I've only seen it the once. If we're picking random films rather than directors/studios I'd add A Letter to Momo and Okko's Inn.

I may join you guys for Barakamon as well.
Excellent. Another one for the party. 👍

Actually, we need someone to set up a thread in the General Anime Chit-Chat section of the forum to host the simulwatch.

You've seen the show before Vincent; any interest? I'd do it, but I don't feel like I have much of a lead in, not having seen it before.

If we're picking random films rather than directors/studios I'd add A Letter to Momo and Okko's Inn.

As it's a one off I think random films are fine, Hosoda could be good as a general run of the films.

I've updated the list, but yes maybe we could exclude the bigger name films like Hosoda and Ghibli for the film to watch in the next week thing.

If people want to think up good random films to watch I'll add to the list, then I can put up a vote of some kind perhaps tomorrow/weds, and the film could be selected ready for the weekend. I'm generally cool with trying a new film out as I've not seen loads of anime films to date.

Excellent. Another one for the party. 👍

Actually, we need someone to set up a thread in the General Anime Chit-Chat section of the forum to host the simulwatch.

You've seen the show before Vincent; any interest? I'd do it, but I don't feel like I have much of a lead in, not having seen it before.
Sure I don't mind, could be fun. Made a template thread here

The last simulwatch I joined in for was Land of the Lustrous so I better ask if there is a format or anything I need to know when hosting the thread?

Looking on my shelf Pancreas, Maquia, Metropolis, Napping Princess, Ninja Scroll, Steamboy and Sword of the Stranger.

Good stuff, I've not seen a single one of those so .. it's like I'm a kid in a candy store! :D

I've updated the list, and removed Hosoda stuff I think, so there are 10 films at the moment in the property bag.

Made a template thread here
Oh, nice work, Vincent. 😯👍

I've linked your thread in the opening post here.

The last simulwatch I joined in for was Land of the Lustrous so I better ask if there is a format or anything I need to know when hosting the thread?
Nah, not really, in all honestly; just do it your own way. There aren't any set rules, and that's what makes it work.

We're all set up for Barakamon on 1 September now, by the looks of it.

I'll let people see if they want to add more options to my list of 10 films that are options overnight, but I think that's a good starting point, so tomorrow I'll put up the post and the voting. I haven't see any of them so I probably won't vote myself, will just watch whatever people like the idea of watching the most :)

Back