Simulwatch schedule and suggestions list

Forgive my double post but while I'm here it would be remiss of me not to bring up Fate in any capacity, speaking as the resident Fate fanboy of course.

Could even start with Fate/Deen Night and be all proper about the viewing order.

I didn't include those, along with Mind Game, because they're Yuasa films who could have a season and doesn't Night is Short need some knowledge from The Tatami Galaxy (haven't got round to it yet after putting it on hold after the first episode), which also could be a simulwatch (thought it was on the list, but it's Ping Pong representing Yuasa at the moment).
Haven't seen Lu since the cinema even though I've got the CE! So could let that in if we do a TTG/NIS simulwatch. And what I've heard Mind Game is a bit out there, so might not be suitable. Another one on the shelf I haven't watched.

I just started Tatami Galaxy! dunno what to think of it yet overall, I'm wondering if it grows on you. The VA work off the bat is really fast so it means a lot of fast reading, much quicker dialogue than I am used to.

It feels like Monogatari but with the pretentiousness dialled up to about 150% as well as the speed!

Edited my list to exclude them for now, I guess ideally going for standalone films atm :)

Last edited:
A show like that I'll probably switch to the dub. I had the same issue with Kill la Kill
Except there isn't one unfortunately! I also struggled with KLK especially as the subs were hard to read as well (white with no outlines!), but IIRC there was no choice on the platform I watched it (Netflix, wasn't on All4 back then). I will rewatch with the dub at some point (it's on the SW list) for the action.

Updates for y'all.

@D1tchd1gger: I've added a Masaaki Yuasa season to the list of suggestions, including Mind Game (which I hated) and Ride Your Wave (which I adore).

@Lordhippos: @Geriatric hedgehog also brought up Psycho-Pass director Naoyoshi Shiotani's two-part romcom drama Tokyo Marble Chocolate, which streaming on Crunchyroll courtesy of Anime Limited in December. I've got it added to the "miscellaneous movies" entry in the schedule.

@Vincentdante: As per your fanboy fantasy, I've added the Fate franchise to the suggestions list and even suggested a potential simulwatch title for it. I can only hope it meets with your approval. 😉

@Vincentdante: As per your fanboy fantasy, I've added the Fate franchise to the suggestions list and even suggested a potential simulwatch title for it. I can only hope it meets with your approval.
I like it.

In the interest of quashing any arguments before they arise I will list the one and only viewing order the fate community actually agree's on is ideal.

Fate/Stay Night (studio Deen version) > Unlimited Blade Works > Heaven's Feel trilogy > Fate/Zero

(not Deen though, don’t own it nor do I want it lol)

Welp

Fate/Grand Simulwatch, you’re killing me 😂👍
Good catch, farzam. I've added the slash like you've used there to the listing for added authenticity. 😁

I don't think it was me that mentioned Tokyo Marble @Neil.T must have been someone else :)
Aye, like I say, it was @Geriatric hedgehog who brought that one up. 👇
@Geriatric hedgehog also brought up Psycho-Pass director Naoyoshi Shiotani's two-part romcom drama Tokyo Marble Chocolate

@Vincentdante: I've added your running order to the Fate entry in the suggestions list. Have I started a Holy Grail War by doing that? 😏

Going back to catch this:

Also cool with Train to Busan if it can all be streamed
I'm not aware of it streaming, I'm afraid. I suggested it partly because I have the Blu-ray trilogy boxset from Studio Canal. They're a trio of Korean zombie horror films — two live-action and one animated.

I'm quite the opposite of a horror fan, but the two I've seen are so good that I like them in spite of their genre. I rate them very highly.

Last edited:
Sorry for my sudden invasion in this thread, but just thought I’d put some shows on, that I‘d definitely need to rewatch (again) :D
  • Attack on Titan
  • Demon Slayer
  • JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
  • Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid
  • The Quintessential Quintuplets
I’ll also throw in Monogatari
No apologies needed, farzam. Good to have you here!

Any other takers for these suggestions?

Back