Simulwatch Planning Thread - Suggest & Discuss

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Ah so it is. I just reverse searched the image and got an article about the Olympics being predicted. I haven’t seen the film in a while so might be interesting to revisit.

WMD

Thousand Master
Definitely up for that. Been ages since I've seen it too.

The only thing I could think of with any link to the Olympics was Napping Princess but that didnt seem right lol.

Neil.T

Time-Traveller
I got it as soon as I clapped eyes on the picture. But then, I've seen Akira enough times to be able to take part in any simulwatch discussion without actually watching it again. 😅

I first saw it in early November 2011, watched it another couple of times within the same week, another time a couple of weeks later or something, and then every October/November every year after that until last year. It's an absolute classic.

I'd totally look forward to reading folks' posts even if I don't get the chance to watch the film on that day. 👌

D1tchd1gger

Chuunibyou
I first saw it in early November 2011
Really! That seems quite late!
I and, I assume, some of the other members of the forum around my age can pinpoint the exact date when we first saw this "manga" 🤦‍♂️:

Saying that I don't think I'd ever even heard of Ghibli till Spirited Away won its OSCAR. I'm sure there will be some here who had seen their earlier films before then.

Patient-X

Railgun

Girls wIth Guns

Stand User
I didn't start watching anime until I was over 50, back around 2011 (thanks to my two daughters); I probably first saw Akira in 2013 when I bought the Blu-ray.

Azar

Thousand Master
I started watching anime in 2012 when I was 20 and didn't watch Akira until... June 2019. 😬 I want to check out the manga soon.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Would anyone be interested in doing a simulwatch of Angel Cop? I picked up the Discotek BD recently as a blind buy alongside the original Devilman OVA BD.

Adam-M

Stand User
Angel Cop was one of the first animes I bought on VHS back in the 90's. Only ever seen it with the very amusing English dub though. You didn't get multiple audio tracks back then :)

Reactions: HWR

WMD

Thousand Master
Would anyone be interested in doing a simulwatch of Angel Cop? I picked up the Discotek BD recently as a blind buy alongside the original Devilman OVA BD.
I'll be up for it. I've ordered myself a copy so when it turns up I can join in.

Reactions: HWR

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
Cautiously, yes - I’ve tried a couple of times in the past to get through Angel Cop without actually managing it. Truthfully, I thought it was very dull during the non-crazy parts, but it is nice to look at, and hopefully doing it as a simulwatch might make it a bit easier going.