Simulwatch Planning Thread - Suggest & Discuss

Ah so it is. I just reverse searched the image and got an article about the Olympics being predicted. I haven’t seen the film in a while so might be interesting to revisit.

Definitely up for that. Been ages since I've seen it too.

The only thing I could think of with any link to the Olympics was Napping Princess but that didnt seem right lol.

I got it as soon as I clapped eyes on the picture. But then, I've seen Akira enough times to be able to take part in any simulwatch discussion without actually watching it again. 😅

I first saw it in early November 2011, watched it another couple of times within the same week, another time a couple of weeks later or something, and then every October/November every year after that until last year. It's an absolute classic.

I'd totally look forward to reading folks' posts even if I don't get the chance to watch the film on that day. 👌

I first saw it in early November 2011
Really! That seems quite late!
I and, I assume, some of the other members of the forum around my age can pinpoint the exact date when we first saw this "manga" 🤦‍♂️:

Saying that I don't think I'd ever even heard of Ghibli till Spirited Away won its OSCAR. I'm sure there will be some here who had seen their earlier films before then.

Really! That seems quite late!
I and, I assume, some of the other members of the forum around my age can pinpoint the exact date when we first saw this "manga" 🤦‍♂️:

Saying that I don't think I'd ever even heard of Ghibli till Spirited Away won its OSCAR. I'm sure there will be some here who had seen their earlier films before then.

I didn't start watching anime until I was over 50, back around 2011 (thanks to my two daughters); I probably first saw Akira in 2013 when I bought the Blu-ray.

I started watching anime in 2012 when I was 20 and didn't watch Akira until... June 2019. 😬 I want to check out the manga soon.

Would anyone be interested in doing a simulwatch of Angel Cop? I picked up the Discotek BD recently as a blind buy alongside the original Devilman OVA BD.

Angel Cop was one of the first animes I bought on VHS back in the 90's. Only ever seen it with the very amusing English dub though. You didn't get multiple audio tracks back then :)

Would anyone be interested in doing a simulwatch of Angel Cop? I picked up the Discotek BD recently as a blind buy alongside the original Devilman OVA BD.
I'll be up for it. I've ordered myself a copy so when it turns up I can join in.

Cautiously, yes - I’ve tried a couple of times in the past to get through Angel Cop without actually managing it. Truthfully, I thought it was very dull during the non-crazy parts, but it is nice to look at, and hopefully doing it as a simulwatch might make it a bit easier going.

Back