Simulwatch Planning Thread - Suggest & Discuss

Wolf's Rain
I'd be up for this. It's one of the shows I want to rewatch from the old AnimeCentral days. Pretty sure it's on my shelf.
Gah, unfortunately I don't actually own any of those, so I'm out. As ever, I'd read the thread for any of those, though.
Thought it might be on All4 like other AL shows, but it is on Crunchyroll and Amazon. Seems Crunchyroll have stopped guest passes again, but you could sign up for a free trial if you have a different email from the one for your current account although that would only be good for 14 days and this is a 20 something episode count. Do Crunchyroll let you watch older shows with ads, hard to tell as I'm a member.

I'm still sort interested Texhnolyze, but I hear it's kind of an extended exercise in existentialist misery, and I'm not sure how up for that other folk might be.

I'm still sort interested Texhnolyze, but I hear it's kind of an extended exercise in existentialist misery, and I'm not sure how up for that other folk might be.
Yeah having watched it a couple of months ago it's a weird example of a series that I think is really great in what it sets out to do but I just wouldn't recommend it to anyone for how utterly miserable it is.

Thought it might be on All4 like other AL shows, but it is on Crunchyroll and Amazon.
Alas, my lack of home wi-fi puts streaming out of my reach for the time being. However...

Another series I watched on this channel and might be interesting to talk about is Planetes and I'm guessing plenty of us will be getting it soon.
Count me in for this. I haven't seen Planetes before, so it'd be a really interesting way to watch it for the first time. 👍

Not sure how keen I'd be to revisit Planetes just at the moment (it's a good show, but I've seen it all the way through at least a couple of times before), but I'd definitely follow the thread with interest.

Still a couple of months till release, but I get not watching something even if you like it if you've seen it enough times before.
It'll be c.12 years since I watched it, although I did read the manga recently.

So it's been ages since we had a simulwatch so figured I'd start it up again and see what people might be keen to watch together. For me the shows I'd be keen for are:

Wolf's Rain (UE arrived today)
Noein
From the New World
Texhnolyze
Pani Poni Dash
Haven't You Heard I'm Sakamoto

Threw in a couple of comedies as we never really watch those together and figured I'd see what people thought.

Anyway let me know what you think and make any suggestions if you have them.
From the New World is one of my favourites so would be very interested in watching that again. It's on crunchyroll, as is Wolf's Rain. I don't know if you guys did or would be interested in simulcasting any horror anime: might I suggest Shiki? Don't know about it's UK availability but I got a reasonably priced US
import from Amazon.

Also waiting on Planetes so would happily try joining in for that.

I've seen it (Lustrous) before but it is awesome so I'd happily watch it again in a simulwatch.

Also to summarise some previous conversation, I think there were 3 of us for Wolfs Rain. I think it would be better if there were more so I may leave it on the back burner for now and see if more are up for it at a later date.
Haibane Renmei was also mentioned which could be a fun one do to and seemed to have a bit of interest.
Also I've been thinking Terror In Resonance would be a good simulwatch show. It's been a while since it came out and I only ever saw it once.

Also I've been thinking Terror In Resonance would be a good simulwatch show. It's been a while since it came out and I only ever saw it once.
I've seen it once as well but couldn't get into it. My arm could be twisted into revisiting it for a simulwatch, though.

I really enjoyed terror in resonance, despite criticisms regarding some plot developments not being fully utilised/developed/concluded well (same I think as could be said about darling in the franxx), and what a fantastic soundtrack!

Count me in for Lustrous. I had already seen like 10 eps, but stopped God knows why.

I'd be happy to know how it ends, even if I know the manga goes on (one of those things that really bother me, maybe that's why I stopped watching).

I'm rewatching RahXephon at the moment and before that Planetes, but otherwise it's been months since I've watched a complete anime series. Maybe a simulwatch will help!

Back