WELL?

• Heterosexual

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Homosexual

• Bisexual

• Total voters
I'm bi, and to answer Citizen's question, i dont really have a preference per se, its cheesy but its whats inside that matters so i dont really let whats in the trouser department affect me. I tend to agree with spyro on the whole sexuality thing though. I find it very hard to believe that someone is 100% gay or 100& straight, its not all black and white.

I think gay people come out publically because being gay is still pretty much a social taboo. I mean think of primary and secondary school and the stigma there, the main insult in my school was "you're gay" ffs!
Most people dont come out until their 20s because its only once they're in their 20s that they like they're in a safe and comfortable enviroment. Hiding a huge part of yourself for a good 5-10 years must be pretty hard after all, so revealing that side of you is basically like unveiling a new person.

Anyways thats all just speculation on my part. I must admit that i do get peeved with the "only gay in the village" routine that some gay people pull.

Question, why is it that every gay person portrayed in the media (and most that i've met) have the camp accent? Seriously are you not classed as gay unless you have it? I dont mean to be rude, im genuinely confused!

Liquid Skin said:
Question, why is it that every gay person portrayed in the media (and most that i've met) have the camp accent? Seriously are you not classed as gay unless you have it? I dont mean to be rude, im genuinely confused!

It's one of those things for example.
All black people talking and dressing like rappers, Lesbians being hard as nail die hard feminists etc.

Zen 2nd said:
What I don't get is why gay people have to announce that they are gay. Is it that they want the attention or do they need to say it so they can validate themselves as a gay person?
Probably the former, though not in a negative 'I'm Gay, so shower me with attention!' way. Because the assumption that most people have is that everyone goes to the opposite sex for their jollies, anyone who doesn't has to advertise the fact somehow, unless they're ok with sidling up to everyone who takes their eye, asking, and potentially getting their face rearranged in a way that would inspire Picasso to say: 'You know, this realism stuff takes too much time. I could say it all quickly, cheaply and accurately by whacking some cubes down and getting sloshed on the profits'.
Liquid Skin said:
Because average joe likes 'his beer cold, his TV loud and his homosexuals fuh-LAMING!'.

Whatever the reason, it all filters down to the everyday gay person as something to identify with and becomes common in-group behaviour for many like minded people for better or worse.

kupoartist said:
Because average joe likes 'his beer cold, his TV loud and his homosexuals fuh-LAMING!'.

Lol, thank you for giving me my first laugh of the day, mm mmm MMM it always goes down smooth. What was that a quote from by the way? I recognise it from somewhere....

Liquid Skin said:
Anyways thats all just speculation on my part. I must admit that i do get peeved with the "only gay in the village" routine that some gay people pull.

Are you sure you're not just thinking about Little Britain? Not a single gay person I've ever spoken to (IRL or online) has ever pulled such a routine.

Eh, are you only watching TV from 70s? The vast majority of gay characters on UK and US TV do not speak with that kind of ridiculously over-camp accent, at least not any more.

Kurogane said:
If you were bisexual, wouldn't you just prefer to be with a woman?

Someone clear up this cock-hungry quandary for me.

Idiot.

Zen 2nd said:
What I don't get is why gay people have to announce that they are gay. Is it that they want the attention or do they need to say it so they can validate themselves as a gay person?

The natural assumption is that everyone is straight, so when someone isn't straight, they inform others to break that incorrect assumption. Simple as that, really.

Kurogane said:
If you were bisexual, wouldn't you just prefer to be with a woman?

Someone clear up this cock-hungry quandary for me.
Gobble gobble.

I think the more pressing issue here is this :

How much could you crush your partner's self-esteem if you left them for someone of the same sex?

Liquid Skin said:
What was that a quote from by the way? I recognise it from somewhere....
It's from the same place as all recycled humour: the Simpsons. Specifically the episode where the family befriends the gay guy with the robot santa.

well they have a pretty big gay community out there, parties and wot-not, some of them seam like nice folk, talk more...like laurence llewlyn-bowen, but hey, wha do ya say? :wink:

CitizenGeek said:
Zen 2nd said:

The natural assumption is that everyone is straight, so when someone isn't straight, they inform others to break that incorrect assumption. Simple as that, really.

Yeah, they still announce as they want a medal or something. Big whoop.

Zen 2nd said:

What are you talking about? Usually, most gay people are terrified of coming out to friends and especially to parents.

Otaku-san said:
well they have a pretty big gay community out there, parties and wot-not, some of them seam like nice folk, talk more...like laurence llewlyn-bowen, but hey, wha do ya say?

o__O

Are you even trying to make a point?

CitizenGeek said:
Zen 2nd said:

What are you talking about? Usually, most gay people are terrified of coming out to friends and especially to parents.

Otaku-san said:
well they have a pretty big gay community out there, parties and wot-not, some of them seam like nice folk, talk more...like laurence llewlyn-bowen, but hey, wha do ya say?

o__O

Are you even trying to make a point?

Well no, I just thought you would like some fun or something, I dunno

Back