Scenes that make you cry (spoilers)

For me it was She, the Ultimate Weapon when[Akemi is dies in the hostipal and finally confies her feeling to Shuji ]. That made me cry for sometime and could not watch the rest of the dvd series for aboot 2 months [/spoiler]

Chrono crusade Was pretty sad, With Rosette crying about not wanting to die.

Ghost in the shell: SAC Bet no one else here cried when the Tachikoma's sacrificed them selves for Batou and the Major

Voices of a distant star Pretty sad story from beginning to end!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never cried because of an anime, although scenes that almost made me do so are;

Chrno Crusade - The ending.

Fullmetal Alchemist - Hughes' death. When he appears on the station platform, waving, afterwards I almost bared tears. I didn't though because I'm tough.

Death Note - The entire episode of L's death. From the beginning with the churchbells and L seeing Watari, when he was in the rain, and when he and Light were drying themselves. It was sad as they seemed so close, but it was inedible that one of them had to die.

Azumanga Daioh - I hated seeing Chiyo-chan cry.

Grave of the Fireflies - The entire feature was upsetting. The cremation especially, and then when thinking back to the beginning remembering the soldier throwing the fruit-sweet box as though it had no meaning or no "contents".

Puni Puni Poemy and Excel Saga - I cried with laughter.

I've heard that Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo is another title with some cathartic content towards the end. Everybody seems to love it, but I haven't heard any opinions from here yet. Any views?

Zin5ki said:
I've heard that Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo is another title with some cathartic content towards the end. Everybody seems to love it, but I haven't heard any opinions from here yet. Any views?
Watch it!

Gankutsuou is brilliant, the story is strong despite its age, the animation is one of the most amazing I've seen, although it might not be for everyone and the OST is awesome. Specially the ending song.

If Aion sees this, he will be more eloquent about this title though... =)

listening to the dub actress of Shizuru in Mai-Otome, i was crying so much that i never thought this 56secs would end

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ekbqAFe_Ug&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ekbqAFe_Ug&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

kind of a weird one here, but Hajime no Ippo - although this part from the manga hasn't been animated yet, i teared out of happiness when Takamura beat Hawk and Kamogawa beat Anderson

I cry at anime far too much. D:

Le'ssee... well...

Azumanga Daioh A majority of the final episode with the graduation ceremony. Simple, yet it was kind of moving imo.

Death Note Let's just say, I'm an L fangirl. I was trying so hard not to tear up during episode 25

Only Yesterday I know it had a happy ending and all, but the final scenes with all the children from Taeko's memories on the train just had me bawling. :'D

I'm sure there was more...

Back