Overseas Rightstuf Xmas Sale 2017 | Celebrate the Bargains by getting hit by Customs!

Still not sure how I feel about these new type of Holiday Sales Right Stuf do now. The savings are pretty meager with very few actual deep savings to be made. Rather it's just a small percentage off of everything pretty much. Still some good deals to be had but I personally prefer the sales from the past where some true bargains were available. I doubt I will get anything this year again, though Right Stuf deciding to release Utena at this time hardly helps either.

I'm begging for a Sound! Eupho sale.

If it goes up for around $50 p/set then it might be tempting but even then we're talking closer to $200 for a 12 episode series, its just way out of budget esp considering the standard Anime Limited Ultimate would be around $130

And yes, I know I've purchased some rather expensive things over the last few months (Dollfie Outfit £90, Flying Witch close to $100 after import) so I can't really moan, but Ehh. Give me $200 worth of flying Witch and Hanayamata then the rest for food ;)

Just got an email from rightstuf cancelling my order for Scrapped Princess with no reason given. They already took the money from my card and the bluray is still in stock not pleased.

Edit: Seems it got cancelled due to their overzealous anti fraud requirements, despite using the same payment card for Freedom last week which went through fine.

Edit 2: They have now reverified my card and I am awaiting whether they will honour yesterdays price.
Still what a **** up, when RS need verification they usually ask for the card details first not straight up cancel the order.

Edit 3: They will not honour the price despite the order being cancelled due to their **** up.

Hope the mega deals come back at the end of the sale like usual.
Ended up ordering it from Amazon Canada, only €6 more than yesterdays Mega Deal and still below the €45 low value consignment threshold for gifts(normal threshold is €23) in Ireland.

Edit: Seems it got cancelled due to their overzealous anti fraud requirements, despite using the same payment card for Freedom last week which went through fine.

Edit 2: They have now reverified my card and I am awaiting whether they will honour yesterdays price.
Still what a **** up, when RS need verification they usually ask for the card details first not straight up cancel the order.

Edit 3: They will not honour the price despite the order being cancelled due to their **** up.

Hope the mega deals come back at the end of the sale like usual.

Last year during massive sentai sale. They blocked my order after the sale ended for the same reasons, and told me they wouldn't honour my order.

Really put me off using rightstuf.

Last year during massive sentai sale. They blocked my order after the sale ended for the same reasons, and told me they wouldn't honour my order.

Really put me off using rightstuf.
It really sucks too as on previous orders, if the card got flagged they gave you a chance to send the details before cancellation. Plus I used the same card ordering Freedom last week without issue.

Sucks that they won't honour it where other companies would, hell Argos were refunding the difference on any Black Friday deals with a valid receipt that were purchased upto 12 days earlier.

Not part of the sale but could affect a few people here and their finances for this sale that may have pre ordered both or either but the Utena and Gundam Wing Collector Editions have been delayed to the 19th apparently. I really wish Right Stuf had got these (or Utena in my case) out the door in November or delayed them into early next year. Releasing sets like this in December is a real pain though at least I'm fortunate enough to be able to buy it.

Not part of the sale but could affect a few people here and their finances for this sale that may have pre ordered both or either but the Utena and Gundam Wing Collector Editions have been delayed to the 19th apparently. I really wish Right Stuf had got these (or Utena in my case) out the door in November or delayed them into early next year. Releasing sets like this in December is a real pain though at least I'm fortunate enough to be able to buy it.
To be honest I’m glad Gundam Wing UE has been delayed until 19th as I get paid on the 15th, although I did make sure I had the money put aside for the earlier release date but it now gives me breathing space.

To be honest I’m glad Gundam Wing UE has been delayed until 19th as I get paid on the 15th, although I did make sure I had the money put aside for the earlier release date but it now gives me breathing space.
Amazon still have it down for the 12th.

Pity, as that means it now won't arrive before Christmas.

Still waiting on IBO to arrive, the courier company has left the parcel awaiting pick up from Customs for the last 5 days. The VAT has already been paid.

Amazon still have it down for the 12th.

Pity, as that means it now won't arrive before Christmas.

Still waiting on IBO to arrive, the courier company has left the parcel awaiting pick up from Customs for the last 5 days. The VAT has already been paid.
Even if amazon do release on 12th (doubt they’ll have it before rightstuf) I’m still okay as the money is already there for it already.

Even if amazon do release on 12th (doubt they’ll have it before rightstuf) I’m still okay as the money is already there for it already.
I doubt it myself. The date has already been pushed back on Amazon twice, once from mid November to December 5th, and then again to December 12th.

Anyway cost less on Amazon, just under £130 including VAT.

I doubt it myself. The date has already been pushed back on Amazon twice, once from mid November to December 5th, and then again to December 12th.

Anyway cost less on Amazon, just under £130 including VAT.
Why I moved my order from UP1USA to Amazon as it’ll cost in total £128 which was about £50 cheaper.

Forgot to mention this (as I literally finished that list around 2am), there's a fair amount left out so I'll mention it here:
  • The DVD counterparts won't be listed, primarily because they're all going out of print however I have listed the DVD-only titles. It would have also taken another hour or so to list them, which is torture.
  • Select titles haven't been listed as they have 'complete series collection' releases (which are considered to be the ideal release imo). Some like SNAFU are now OOP but there are others available if anyone really wants them like When They Cry and To Love Ru, just bare in mind that you're better off with the complete series collection especially if you care about disc quality or error-free issues.

Select titles haven't been listed as they have 'complete series collection' releases (which are considered to be the ideal release imo).
To be honest I always avoid "complete collection" re-releases, because they only come in standard edition and have less artwork. I assumed the discs were the same as with the first edition. Is there a list somewhere of improvements in later releases?

To be honest I always avoid "complete collection" re-releases, because they only come in standard edition and have less artwork. I assumed the discs were the same as with the first edition. Is there a list somewhere of improvements in later releases?

75% of recent re-releases have fixed a number of quality issues, some have even fixed subtitle or video errors.
  • One disc or 'crammed into as less discs as possible' titles like Amagami SS, Familiar of Zero and To Love Ru have more discs for the complete set.
  • Fate/Stay Night (2006) complete set fixed grammar/subtitle errors.
  • Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere complete set fixed a video glitch that affected one of the episodes.
  • When They Cry complete set supposedly fixed the issues that affected the second season.
I'll try and find a comprehensive list later down the line.

Back