Re-releasing anime in the UK

TheKazeTrigger

Completely Average High School Student
I was just wondering that of what anime you like to see a re-release by a different anime distributor in the UK?

For me I hope these following anime will get a re-release someday.
This is my opinion.

Anime Limited.
The Big O
Wolf's Rain
Planetes
.hack series
Gundam 00
Gundam Wing
Gundam Seed
Scryed
Samurai X
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Funmation UK
Tsubasa Chronicles along with S2 and the OVAs
xxxHolic
Nabari no Ou
Baka and Test

MVM
Hell Girl
Sailor Moon all seasons including sailor stars
Princess Tutu
Mushishi
Madlax, Noir and El Cazador de la Bruja
Kino's Journey
Sound Of The Sky
Excel Saga
D.N Angel

I think all the Gundam stuff is pretty much a given, and if Evangelion ever does become free from the rights nightmare it's currently in, I'm sure AL getting the rebuild films now gives them first dibs on anything Eva related in the UK.

I'd love to see Manga pull off a re-release of Yu-Gi-Oh! Pyramid of Light and Digimon The Movie. Using the HD assets, of course.

Aside from those, literally any cel animated anime with a HD version available.

Also My-Hime should get a re-release from Anime Limited or MVM.
It's been hard tracking this series down recently for a good price :(

Attachments

• 51ZwT6dMqxL._SY445_.jpg
    51ZwT6dMqxL._SY445_.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 0
All the lost ADV stuff. As for specific anime there are a few I'd like redone (not just re-released)

Blue Sonnett
Gunsmith Cats
Riding Bean
Cyber City Oedo
Bubblegum Crisis (OVA)
Tokyo Babylon
Fist of the North Star

All the Beez and Bandai/Sunrise anime

Those are the ones I can think of for now.

P.s @ TheKazeTrigger If you want Excel Saga then surely you wand Puni Puni Poemy as well :) Also wasn't Excel Saga ADV (as opposed to MVM)?

I think all the Gundam stuff is pretty much a given, and if Evangelion ever does become free from the rights nightmare it's currently in, I'm sure AL getting the rebuild films now gives them first dibs on anything Eva related in the UK.

Anime Limited are really taking long releasing each gundam title compare to Nozomi Entertainment which they release a gundam title every 1 to 3 months. Also unlike Anime Limited all of the gundam titles that have currently release are available on both blu ray and dvd formats which in my opinion Anime Limited kinda dropped the shark.

Anime Limited are really taking long releasing each gundam title compare to Nozomi Entertainment which they release a gundam title every 1 to 3 months. Also unlike Anime Limited all of the gundam titles that have currently release are available on both blu ray and dvd formats which in my opinion Anime Limited kinda dropped the shark.

Well, even AL themselves will admit the Gundam Zeta situation has been a total mess, but with Part 1 finally looking like it's actually going to hit its date, I imagine we should hopefully see them more often. As for not having DVDs, I can see why. Unlike a lot of titles AL acquire, the amount of people who want a 40 odd year old mech anime are probably quite slim, so making a DVD might seem a bit pointless when you're targeting a niche within a niche. Plus, I think we should probably be phasing out DVDs around about now anyway, but that might just be me.

Well, even AL themselves will admit the Gundam Zeta situation has been a total mess, but with Part 1 finally looking like it's actually going to hit its date, I imagine we should hopefully see them more often. As for not having DVDs, I can see why. Unlike a lot of titles AL acquire, the amount of people who want a 40 odd year old mech anime are probably quite slim, so making a DVD might seem a bit pointless when you're targeting a niche within a niche. Plus, I think we should probably be phasing out DVDs around about now anyway, but that might just be me.
I believe the official reasoning from AL was that Sunrise were insistent on PAL DVDs, and AL didn't want to do that. This is also why we won't getting the DVD only releases the US is getting.

I'd pay good money for a UE-type-jobby of Spice & Wolf.

Hell, I'd buy any English-friendly release of that show that uses the JP BD masters and not Funi's blurry upscale job.

+1 for Planetes also.

Only thing I want to see at the moment is a superior release for Haruhi and the associated -chans (Tsuruya, Nagari Yuki etc)

Anime Limited produced what I feel is a superior UE for FMA and I'd like to see a equally exemplary release for Haruhi.

Oh and a Hellsing Ultimate UE too, so much potential for funky packaging there

I was just about to say that Hellsing Ultimate was never finished over here. Episodes 5 through 8 were eventually released, but the final episodes never were. Regardless of how it comes we really need a complete release of Ultimate. It really is a lost gem.

Speaking of lost gems, what of titles that were never finished like D'Gray Man. Not that everyone liked it it was certainly deserving of a conclusion. Rerelease it with a proper ending.

It's sickening at times what the US have that we don't. Take Nozomi for example. They have license for remasters of Martian Successor Nadesico and Bubblegum Crisis OVA, two titles that were available here.

That reminds me of an observation. Why are sales of dvd's and other physical media only available for such limited time and quantity here. It may be a niche market, but damn it why are americans recieving reworks of older classic over a longer duration and we're being ignored. It is one thing to have a relevent culture but there is clearly a culture for it here as well (just not as big, but everything is relative. You don't have to have things on the shelves).

It's sickening at times what the US have that we don't. Take Nozomi for example. They have license for remasters of Martian Successor Nadesico and Bubblegum Crisis OVA, two titles that were available here.
They do? I thought that was with AnimEigo. Good news for people who didn't get the chance to back the BGC kickstarter if Nozomi are going to be making it available though.

Regarding Nadesico, if you haven't seen the news...

Only thing I want to see at the moment is a superior release for Haruhi and the associated -chans (Tsuruya, Nagari Yuki etc)

Anime Limited produced what I feel is a superior UE for FMA and I'd like to see a equally exemplary release for Haruhi.

I get the feeling that AL being so quiet for the last year or so on the Haruhi front means that they are waiting for the Manga licenses for S2, the spin-offs and the movie to lapse, all for one big mega-set with Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan thrown in as well.

Back