Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
death proof - 7 / 10
violence, girls and tarantino's nonsense - great soundtrack that only works in movies like that....

Thunderbolt 8/10 - Nothing like a good Jackie Chan film to brighten up an evening and this is one of my all time faves

Survive Style 5+ - 8/10.

Good japanese film using a style a bit like Pulp Fiction where it cuts between several stories which are all somehow linked by the people in them. Also it has Vinne Jones as a London hitman. I like his catch phrase of "What's your function" which I will probably be repeating time from time at work when people annoy me.

Death Note - 8/10
Exactly what I expected =D awesome!, but still, I understand some things in it were a bit too much forced into the audience...

I've seen it at ICA - I was the japanese guy on business man clothes who got there late and stop by at Subway's to have lunch (at 9pm). Manage to see two guys at subway, one of each I could swear that was someone from here....

one guy wearing a megadeth t-shirt and another wearing several references do anime, most distinctly naruto based gloves, full metal alchemist jacket and a ROD bag... awesome bag, I want one of those =)

Schindler's List - 10/10

An Epic (literally) film, Liam Neeson was awesome and the rest of the acting was very well done. Gives a very good insight into WW2 and it's probably the 2nd best WW2 related film I've seen, with the first being Saving Private Ryan.

Sympathy for Mr Vengeance - 10/10

Amazing film, equals and at times beats Oldboy in my opinion. Ridiculously depressing however, havent feel this bad after watching a film since Boys Don't Cry.....

Iron Man 8.5/10

Arguably the best Marvel film to date.
Robert Downey Jr plays Tony Stark amazingly, with a well written script and a good balance between action and character building.
Already looking forward to the sequel.

Shanghai Knights - 10/10

I'm giving this a 10 purely for what the films intention had; to induce laughter.

Many hilarious scenes and dialogue, and definitely pissed on the first installment.

Kurogane said:
Shanghai Knights - 10/10

I'm giving this a 10 purely for what the films intention had; to induce laughter.

Many hilarious scenes and dialogue, and definitely pissed on the first installment.

It definatly had "Lol"-worthy parts, yet the fact that it was built up mainly on anti-british humour put me off slightly... a difference of opinion, I guess.

Hero. I refuse to rate it, I cannot build a solid opinion on it, I'm torn. I liked the idea and plot behind it, but the fighting was annoying as hell, it was like something from an episode of Dragon Ball Z.

Lupus Inu said:
Hero. I refuse to rate it, I cannot build a solid opinion on it, I'm torn. I liked the idea and plot behind it, but the fighting was annoying as hell, it was like something from an episode of Dragon Ball Z.

if thats the jet-li film your talking about then i agree with you.
i completely hated it. i would give that 1/10. i seriously do not understand why that film got so much praise.

The Departed 8.5/10

I do like Scorsese. Nothing too extrovert in style but great in substance plus it has Dropkick Murphy's on the sound track. Cracking ending and a well balanced film with some truly shocking moments that fit the film brilliantly.

Ninja Boy! said:
Lupus Inu said:

if thats the jet-li film your talking about then i agree with you.
i completely hated it. i would give that 1/10. i seriously do not understand why that film got so much praise.

I didnt really view it so much as a martial arts film - more as a piece of art.

Say what you like about the fighting (personally i enjoyed it) but you cant deny how beautiful the costumes, setting and above all scenery is in it. I loved how each fight scene was colour-coded, despite the subject matter i found it a really relaxing film, its always a toss-up between that and House of Flying Daggers in terms of relaxing/colourful films.

Anyways - I Am Legend

Pretty good, about average really, i wasnt around when it came out but apparently to a lot of people it was a big disappointment. Well considering i watched it with no expectations....not too bad for a complete 28 days later rip off 7.5/10

The whole thing felt like SotC, which is a beautiful game, so Hero visual-wise was a beautiful film, fighting was still terrible though.

Liquid Skin said:
Anyways - I Am Legend

Pretty good, about average really, i wasnt around when it came out but apparently to a lot of people it was a big disappointment. Well considering i watched it with no expectations....not too bad for a complete 28 days later rip off 7.5/10

I Am Legend - Publication Date: 1954

28 Days Later - November 1st 2002

Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back