Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Psycho Pass

Great animation, compelling story (occasionally frustrating, but in a good way - no spoilers), good wrap! Looking forwards to the next series!!

I'll give this at least 7/10

Professor Irony said:
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun

It took a fair bit of persuasion to get me to even attempt something so ostensibly shoujo-esque and fluffy looking, but I'm glad I did in the end. Nozaki-kun is an extremely pleasant surprise, turning its unpromising premise, of the heroine inadvertantly becoming a mangaka's assistant, into something fresh and witty as the show raises genuine laughs from poking fun at the long established, yet utterly ridiculous, tropes of shoujo manga. All the more surprising is how well it succeeds in this without resorting to the usual anime comedy standards of blankly referencing other series or 'hilarious' visual innuendo. However much played for laughs, I did think the casual violence between Hori and Kashima was in questionable taste, but otherwise, it was a feel-good delight from beginning to end.

I've been enjoying this also!! Thank you Crunchyroll! My favourite episode so far has been the constant frustration incurred by the attempts to woo the gaming e-girls.. Had me crying with laughter..

That one was brilliant, yeah. Their sympathy for the 'best friend' character was oddly touching...

animefreak17 said:
Lupin the 3rd the first series

The animation has aged terribly tho

Eh, for its time, I don't think it's too bad. I feel it's at least on a par with the sort of thing Hanna Barbera were putting out back then.

Professor Irony said:
That one was brilliant, yeah. Their sympathy for the 'best friend' character was oddly touching...

animefreak17 said:
Lupin the 3rd the first series

The animation has aged terribly tho

Eh, for its time, I don't think it's too bad. I feel it's at least on a par with the sort of thing Hanna Barbera were putting out back then.

For its time it was brilliant but after seeing something like

Gankutsuou
Gurren lagann
Fate zero
And loads more others with great animation.......you kinda feel you want better quality that's why it's a 7..........but for its time I'd give it a 8.5/10

Iron virgin jun

I love go nagis character designs they look cute in the face...not moe but cute.

But not alot for this one off movie....girl gose off to get away from a marriage meetings and she's strong and wrestling ect.
But it's not bad...I'm a big fan of go nagi

7/10

Amazing nurse nanako

Umm despite it being short I actually enjoyed this......I like nanako I find her adorable and fun...I also like her boobs..I also like her personality....good story......trying to resurrect Jesus.

8/10

My mysterious girlfriend x

Ok the first few episodes I thought was pretty damn disgusting.....a kid who has a drool fetish and have a girlfriend who give him her drool......she also has a pair of scissors that she carries in her draws......

But after a while I got past how gross it was and found it some what charming....

It's also has that coming of age thing where boys grow up and notice things.......in a way.

I also like the character designs...they are very unique from what I usually see in other anime.....

It's one laugh after another......shame it didn't carry on tho.

8.5/10

Hunter x Hunter (2011): This is a really good anime. The first arc is one of the best arcs I've ever seen in anime. The main four characters are all solid. The overall plot is great and never gets boring as there is always a new twist in each arc. The ending is amazing and leaves huge setup for what is to come in the current chapters of the manga. (When he isn't on hiatus) The anime may not of adapted the whole story due to there being no manga material left to adapt but for what it is its a fantastic anime. If you think this is just another shonen about fighting and power ups you would be wrong, them two things are in it but there is a lack of them. But when there is fights in this anime they are so well done its just great to watch. Won't give it a 10/10 as it's an incomplete story also it did drag at some points which was annoying. 9/10

Hataraku Maou-Sama! - A silly, funny slice of life show at heart. The comedy was, mostly, quite funny, so it passed the first test. The basis of the story, about the Devil being banished to our world, and ending up working in a McDonalds (sorry, MgRonalds) in Japan, is wonderfully silly and as soon as I saw the blurb about that, I was kind of sold from the start. One thing that surprised me, was that it also has these oddly dark, gory moments. Like, it's not like Ika Musume, where they're trying to invade the Earth, but you know they're ultimately harmless and loveable. In this show, it does its best to lull you into the "Oh, he's harmless and loveable" mindset - then occasionally just drops in a scene like "Oh yeah, just to remind you - here's him murdering thousands of innocent people in that other world." - it's odd to say the least. Ultimately, I was glad enough that I watched it though: 7/10

Watched the entire Berserk anime for the first time. I heard good things about it and it seemed like a show I could get into with the dark fantasy elements but it ultimately left me feeling disappointed throughout. The main cast was interesting enough and the show had it's cool moments but I felt it dragged for most of the way up until the last few episodes. I kept wanting to see more of Guts fighting demons but I didn't really get my wish until the end, for most of the series we see him fighting ordinary soldiers who posed no threat whatsoever and I just found it hard to care even though it felt like I should.

There was also a lack of music and too much silence for my tastes. Some scenes felt like they should be super emotional but had no music to really sell it and the scenes that did have music often used the same tracks so it got repetitive.

Anyway I can't really recommend this anime despite it's good moments. The ending is just too unsatisfying and feels like a cop out. The common response seems to be "read the manga instead" but I'm not much of a manga collector so it's unlikely I'll get back into this series again.

I'de rate it 6/10.

Gurren Lagann - 10/10

There's so many things that could be said about this show, but having watched it for the first time via the Anime Ltd release last week/over the weekend, I wanted to jot a few things down that I took away from it.

1) It took me a while to get into it - with the first few eps, I was like 'whut'. One of those moments where you know how hyped something is, but it just isn't sinking in. From the wacky art style, to the general tone.

2) And then... 'that' episode. Episode 8. The episode that changes everything. What this episode does for the series, as well as being a standalone piece of entertainment and storytelling in its own right is quite frankly incredible. That scene between Kamina and Yoko is astonishingly poignant. A distillation and bettering of what countless other anime shows try to do when they tackle 'romance'.

3) Then obviously, the rest of the series - from this point on, I fell head over heels in love with the show. I finally 'got' it. And boy did I fall hard for it. From the characterisation to the format to everything in between. The levels of metaphor and overriding themes that run throughout is mindblowing.

4) 'that' time skip. If the first part of the show hadn't already ramped things up enough, the second part just goes and does everything else, and then some. The final few episodes rival FMA:B in my opinion for tying up and ending a show in 'proper' fashion. It does everything you want it to and in a sublime, thought-provoking manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished Fate Zero for the first time and it was spectacular. For the final 3 or 4 episodes I was just in awe. The animation, the characters, the story, the music, everything. I feel like not one episode was wasted and basically all characters got the exposition they deserved. Probably the best anime I've ever seen really. 10/10.

Kill la kill - 8/10

Could have been a tad bit better, but still an excellent anime to watch. Strongly recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched it yet.

Space pirate mito

Ok this series is goofy, silly but has some heavy stuff to be a children's anime.....

Two girls liking each other
A mother kissing her off spring

But it was fun to watch

8.5/10

Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 10/10

I have almost caught up to the most recent arc and it's incredible. This anime just keeps getting better and better. The majority of the time fighting is revolved through intelligence or strategy rather than random power-ups, which isn't usually the case in most anime I watch.

Gurren Lagann: The order in my eyes is this exaggeration, over the top, BULLS**T and then there is Gurren Lagann. This is the first time re-watching this show I wouldn't of re-watched it as soon as I did but when there is an Ultimate Edition you just have too. Can't be bothered to go on why this show is amazing so just go pick up the Blu-ray and go watch it right now. 9.5/10

Also the movies are worth a watch even though they are recaps they just bring back some of the amazing feels from the show. Also the Parallel works are worth a watch as well as they're just as mad as the show but in a music video style format.

Kurz Weber said:
Gurren Lagann: The order in my eyes is this exaggeration, over the top, BULLS**T and then there is Gurren Lagann. This is the first time re-watching this show I wouldn't of re-watched it as soon as I did but when there is an Ultimate Edition you just have too. Can't be bothered to go on why this show is amazing so just go pick up the Blu-ray and go watch it right now. 9.5/10

Also the movies are worth a watch even though they are recaps they just bring back some of the amazing feels from the show. Also the Parallel works are worth a watch as well as they're just as mad as the show but in a music video style format.

Speaking of feels,

The Kamina/Yoko scene is probably up there in my Top 5 most moving anime scenes ever.

The scene with Nia and Simon proposing via the phone in the final arc is so well done too.

Lutga said:
Kurz Weber said:

Speaking of feels,

The Kamina/Yoko scene is probably up there in my Top 5 most moving anime scenes ever.

The scene with Nia and Simon proposing via the phone in the final arc is so well done too.

Ye more the first one for me but both done brilliant. TBH every scene with Kamina in gives me the feels.

Back