Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Sengoku basara

Ha ha ha ha ha ha looooooool this has to be thee most ridicules over the top action dragonball z wanna be show iv fver seen ever ever, I mean it takes place in the Waring era in japan, I swear it's just a sooo lol,

This kinda reminds me of queens blade but with guys and no clothes coming off ( thank God )

The fights are over the top the action is over the top and the animations nice and the characters are well.................. just watch, and you'll see,

Sometimes I was bored because I didn't know who was invading who or who's name was who, I couldn't caught there names that was the down side besides the over the topness

It's just over the top action

7/10

Gezzz where is everyone

Sorcerer hunters

This has slayers and those who hunt elves an every other anime that like this,

It's.aged and I hear the manga is better but it's not a bad anime

7/10

Chaos;HEad

It's one thing to do an adaptation of a Visual Novel, but it's another to actually make sure that there's adequate time to make sure that care and attention is issued so that the thing doesn't become A FREAKING JUMBLED MESS!

Let's start slowly, introduce the 'romance', good good, now let's illustrate what the plot will be... a murder? Precognition? Okay, fine...

Giant neon swords, megalomaniac thingys, a bloke in a wheelchair, the typical loli, the McGuffin of less than coherent principles, flashbacks in less than two minutes that should be entire episodes, little sister likes Oni-Chan, more McGuffin, a less inspired rushing of major scenes, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd...

What we have here, ladies and gentlemen, is the very nutshell of something screaming for more time on screen, 'cause when it was 8 episodes in it already felt like we should've had 30+ episodes in explaining things. We didn't get that - we got a clusterfluff of incoherent plotting that's having the most almighty sugar rush.

In many ways it's also a fair reflection to what's happened to anime in the last ten/fifteen odd years, in that 13 (12 in this case) episodes seem to be the norm for a series. This was most certainly a causality of this approach. Far more time was needed for, well... everything.

Catchy end credits theme, admittedly.

It did have Eri Kitamura as Rimi, though, who is one of my favourite seiyus.

2/10.

VoxPhantom said:
Attack on Titan

Great series. Yes, it had some pacing issues and I felt a couple of plot points were overlooked, but the multitude of gut-wrenchingly awesome moments carried the series through. Episodes 8, 13 and 24 were particularly outstanding, and presented some of the most emotional scenes that I've seen across any kind of media.

10/10

The parts were Petra & co get slaughtered by the female titan, followed by Petra's Dad (Or Grandad?) speaking to Levi about Petra in obvious denial that she hasn't come back when they return to the walls ..urghhhhhh. It hurt.

Steins Gate : Complete - 10/10. Incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dannielle said:
VoxPhantom said:
Attack on Titan

Great series. Yes, it had some pacing issues and I felt a couple of plot points were overlooked, but the multitude of gut-wrenchingly awesome moments carried the series through. Episodes 8, 13 and 24 were particularly outstanding, and presented some of the most emotional scenes that I've seen across any kind of media.

10/10

The parts were Petra & co get slaughtered by the female titan, followed by Petra's Dad (Or Grandad?) speaking to Levi about Petra in obvious denial that she hasn't come back when they return to the walls ..urghhhhhh. It hurt.
The series was...*puts on aviators*...on a roll at that point.

Max Takeshi said:
Chaos;HEad

2/10.

Messy though it undoubtedly was, I don't think I'd come down quite so hard on C;H. Despite the clearly bungled execution, the central idea still got my attention and held it well enough for the first eight episodes or so. Around that point, I did realise that playing the game was the way to go and jumped ship, but even at that, I'd still rather have a broken adaptation of good source material than a competent show built entirely by the numbers.

Eat-Man (1997)

I'm trying to wean myself off using series footage, but I suspect it'll take a while before I'm comfortable enough on camera to be a talking head.

One Piece Collection 3
7/10
Enjoyable, but easily the weakest of the collections so far.

What was interesting about this collection is that most of the arcs that were present, were completely taken out of the 4Kids version on TV, so it was nice to see unfamiliar arcs. The Warship Island was ok. It was filler so i kind of expected it to be pretty naff. It started off pretty decent, but the last few episodes were tiresome. The fight between Luffy and Erik was the only saving grace. The Laboon arc was alot better (then again, it isn't filler so it's bound to be better) I thought it was surprisingly touching and quite sad. Why 4kids replaced Laboon with a iceburg is beyond me! After that was the Whiskey Peak arc which was easily the strongest arc, as it provides great action, introduces new characters and a intriguing plot about to happen in later episodes and nice humour. The little garden arc was pretty average. I preferred this arc in the manga, as it had a much more epic feel to it. What i disliked about this arc the most was the pacing. It was WAAAAAAAY too slow!

Overall, One Piece collection 3 is fun, but it's crappy filler arc, odd pacing and lack of action compared to the previous collections makes this the weakest of the collections so far. Hopefully the 4th will be better as it introduces Tony Tony Chopper in the Drum Island arc which is one of my favourites :)

Blood c and the last dark

The series starts off mediocre at best and I thought I was going to be watching something Of seen before, and ...........I won't dare give anything away but it's worth a watch its bloody good * pun intended * and the movies makes a giant leap in its effects and animation and the story is decent to, but if I had to complain about something it's the last boss, he turns in to a giant monster and it looks like a computer game boss and he was short lived, it's true what they say bigger isn't always better

The characters aren't bad butsayas other self the first time we see her is unbelievably annoying an incompetent in saving anyone

Some say it's bad but I say it's worth your time,

It was kinda short lived tho

8/10

The woman named fujiko mine lupin the 3rd

It's a great edition to the lupin franchise as the title says its about fujiko, and it seems that this how everyone meets because of her and it shows a few episodes shows her stealing things, but as the series progresses there's a deeper meaning in it but I won't give anything away,

The animation looks like a painting which is nice for a change
All the characters are as fun as usual

I think it's a good edition to the lupin series

8/10

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
8/10

Been meaning to watch this for a while, and it didn't disappoint!

While going into this, i had mixed feelings. I was looking forward to it because of all the praise it got, but at the same time I doubted that i would of liked it because i really didn't like the 1985 movie.

The animation was good from the get go. The animation was very fluid, the backgrounds were beautiful and the action scenes were very well executed! But one of the main things that stuck out to me were the character designs by Yoshiaki Kawajiri. he is one of my my favorite anime directors and animators. His character designs are VERY distinctive, with the sideburns and long jaws and sometimes boring expression in people's faces.

As i said before the action scenes here are top notch! Loads of explosions, fighting and there's even a fight on-top of a carriage. Also, seeing the Marcus brothers in action was ALWAYS fun to watch! So for those who are looking for great fun and well animated fight scenes, you ca't go wrong here. The story was sweet and simple. Just the kind of thing that goes well with alot of action that goes on.

However, there are two things from me giving this a higher score. I didn't in particularly believe the character development between D and Leila As it felt pretty forced and tacked on. The other thing was the inclusion of Carmilla. Once she came into the story, it got slightly hard to follow, and they didn't explain her presence very clearly IMO.

Overall, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is one of the best anime movies I've seen in a while. Give it a go, even if you didn't like the first one.

Sword of the stranger

Quite simply one of the best samurai films I have watched. Up there with the live action greats imo. Expertly executed fight scenes with an interesting plot, great score and sumptuous visuals. flawless.

10/10

Royal space force

I was sooooo bored of this, even tho I was bored of it, I can tell it was really well made and very good detail, but for the life of me I could keep my eyes open

6/10

Un-Go

Extremely enjoyable show. The detective feel mixed with a hint of the supernatural was great, and the cast were all rather likeable. Some good multi-episode plots and the OVA was riveting. I wish there was more, but as it is, this show never wore out it's welcome so I definitely envisage revisiting this for a good time.

Oh and the EP is now one of my favourites

9/10

Doki doki school hours

It's something if youv watch something so minded ****** that this is the sort of anime to for get it, it moe an cute, it's a lol bit like azumanga duoi

7/10

Dragonball GT 7/10

I don't hate it. And as parallel worlds and timelines are part of the Dragonball mythos, I consider it canon in one timeline. It is flawed, pushed and pulled in different directions by behind the scenes meddluling, the lighter quest element of the first run of episodes turn much more serious with the start of the Baby arc as the more humourus tone had put off veiwers. Then it was extended to tie in with the release of the DB:GT PSone fighting game, then unceremoniously cancelled - a hastily cobbled together and confusing finale leaving everyone scratching their heads.

But, there is a lot to like about it. Super Saiyan 4 is really cool. And Bulma and Vegeta working together as a team is awesome, they are my favourite anime couple. I like Pan as well, I think she is a fun character and seeing a different Trunks, one who grew up rich and pampered is an interesing counterpoint to his Future dystopia hardened self. The design of the show stays faithful to Toriyama's vision and it's nicely aninimated too. It's a compromised product overall, but worth at least one viewing if you are a Dragonball fan.

(C)

This was a lot of fun to watch in my opinion, it's like they was trying to make a game out of it like baka and test, the animation is brilliant, and morals on the series is about your future,

Your a now or a future person

People who concentrate on working for a future saving up, working, planing
And
People who concentrate on the now, healing with now things and enjoying your self

It's almost like spice and wolf, economics but more bad ass, but like spice and wolf I didn't get it but it was entertaining

If you see the numbers 666, your probably thinking deal with the devil,

Anyways it's pretty damned good

9/10

Leeds Film Festival thoughts...

Garden of Words - 5/10
Horribly dull. Animation was beautiful though.

HAL - 6.5/10
Interesting story, definitely more engaging than Garden of Words, but I found the plot twists tough to follow.

Patema Inverted - 9/10
Loved it. This was visually stunning and the plot, whilst a little hokey at times, was well done with a nice payoff. Some really funny moments, too. Patema's demands cutting through the triumphant music early on in the film was particularly hilarious.

Steins;Gate Movie - 8/10
I really enjoyed it, but I'm a total sucker for the Okabe/Kurisu romance. One gripe I have is that Kurisu's character feels watered down to just being a plain old tsundere. It felt like a lot of the wit of her character in the series was lacking, as she was purely focused on Okabe.

Eva 3.0 - 8/10
Boy, was this hard to follow at times. The initial battle was very cool to watch, as were most of the action scenes. The film almost had an Empire Strikes Back feel to it, it was so gritty and depressing at times, and the ending didn't exactly give much hope for the future. Nonetheless, a compelling movie and one that I look forward to re-watching when it gets a home video release next year.

Back