Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

The Big O

Was on the whole rather enjoyable. The art style is best described as being rather "geometric". Lots of straight lines I noticed. The story did get a bit predictable at times, but there surprisingly some laughs in the series to be had. Might try and find the second series.

Score: 7 / 10

Eureka Seven

I have to say I was expecting something better. Besides the mechas surfing in air I think this series is just a puzzle of elements already seen in various anime before: pick some from this, some from that, shake a bit et voilà, here you get Eureka Seven.
My main complaint is that the second half is really dragged on, there are a lot of slow moments that affect the pace; I would have preferred if they chose the 26 episodes route. My main appreciation is that the ending is the best part of the series (paradoxically it's a bit rushed up). All the rest is in the "good" realm, without any peaks in both directions. Don't think I'll ever want to rewatch it.

Teo

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 9/10

Really great though there was one part that it did bother me but its nothing compared to the rest.

Children who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below 7/10

Not great as the other 3 pieces of art Makoto Shinkai did but it was fine.

Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne 5/10

I bought this without knowing that much of the show but from what i saw at the time, it was ok. After watching the 6 episodes, the show its a piece of crap. It started well but the last episodes were total crazy with angels and demons types and so on. I dont like that kind of stuff and the animation wasnt that great either. I will never watch this again for sure and this goes with the idea to buy just the series i've seen and i know i will see them again.

Yeah, Mnemosyne is a big fat confusing mess at the end, and the animation quality is poor in places. I did like how show dealt with the passing of time for the immortal characters though.

----------------

Haruhi S2 - 8/10

Three years late to the party, as usual. Even dubious worth of Endless Eight couldn't spoil my return to one of the best shows of the last few years. The dialogue is as razor-sharp as it was in the first season (Haruhi and Kyon are the greatest double-act in the history of anything ever), and the animation is even better. If not for half the series being practically the same thing the score would've been at least a point higher.

Onto Disappearance \o/

fabricatedlunatic said:
Yeah, Mnemosyne is a big fat confusing mess at the end, and the animation quality is poor in places. I did like how show dealt with the passing of time for the immortal characters though.

----------------

Haruhi S2 - 8/10

Three years late to the party, as usual. Even dubious worth of Endless Eight couldn't spoil my return to one of the best shows of the last few years. The dialogue is as razor-sharp as it was in the first season (Haruhi and Kyon are the greatest double-act in the history of anything ever), and the animation is even better. If not for half the series being practically the same thing the score would've been at least a point higher.

Onto Disappearance \o/

yeah fantastic series i only have one problem with this series and that is it finished the anime at a point where it was getting better and better i really wanted to see the anime finished to the end

fabricatedlunatic said:

Yes the passing of time was real nice. I like that kind of stuff when you see the characters getting old in some way. Not the immortals though but the family ones.

Disappearance of Haruhi - 10/10

One of those "this is why I watch anime" experiences. Probably helped that I went through both TV seasons immediately beforehand, meaning all the references to past events were fresh in my memory. With Haruhi absent for much of the movie Kyon has his chance to really shine, and Yuki is just so goddamn moe (I'm sorry, but she totally is). It's a beautiful looking film, full of painstakingly drawn background detail and the sort of subtle, expressive character movement that only theatrical animation can consistently deliver. The scene near the end where Kyon strokes the sleeping Haruhi's hair and touches her face (not as creepy as it sounds...) turned me to mush... then, typically for Haruhi, made me laugh with what happened next. Brilliant.

I'm impressed with myself for two reasons: One, I watched the whole film, all 2 hours and 40 minutes of it, in one sitting. Two, the film tells a fairly convoluted time-travelling tale and I actually understood what was going on! Wonders never cease.

Last edited by a moderator:
the movie is a piece of art indeed. Though i stopped for 1 hour about almost 2hours running. I did have to lunch. :lol:

I've watch it last week.

Just finished Gundam 00. 6 out of 10.
Not too bad. I think Seed is better, but 00 is good and is visually more impressive.

Noein

Mixed reaction to this series. I warmed up to the characters and story slowly, getting to like them in the end. However, I disliked the art. The main problem was with the small lines about the mouth representing the lips. To me it looks less of the top of the lip, and more like a pencil thin moustache.

Score: 5 / 10

I love Noein, it's one of my favourites :(

I finished Samurai Champloo, 8/10 for me I think. I don't usually like episodic shows, but this one was hella stylish. Could've done without the zombie and baseball episodes though, they were put in the wrong place in the series I think.

I think the baseball episode would've been okay earlier on, but it breaks all the tension they raise in the Sara episodes. Plus I just didn't find it as funny as most people seem to.

The 'zombie' episode just outright sucked.

The Little Norse Prince

I liked this film. My summing up of it is that it includes some things that you can clearly see in the later Studio Ghibli films: namely it is a children's film which is surprisingly adult in certain areas. For example, this is the only film I can think of which has a "U" rating yet also features a cock and balls. It only appears very briefly, but when you see Hols (the main character) putting on some clothes, you do for the briefest of moments just catch them.

Blue Exorcist 9/10

Great series. Funny, good action, good animation and good characters. I didnt think I would like that much. They could have shown more background history from the two brothers but maybe the movie will i dont know.

What i know is I will buy this for sure once Manga releases it. :D

Lagrange - The Flower of Rin-ne: Series 1

When I started watching this I thought it was a bit cliche ridden and the amount of fan service was bit annoying for my liking (I don't mind a tiny bit, I don't mind a lot, but I find it annoying when it wavers in the middle). However as the series progressed I really began to like it. It developed very nicely, and I especially liked the final episode, in particular the scene in which Madoka and Lan wave goodbye to each other, slowly getting further and further away, until Madoka cannot see her anymore. Then she starts doing her "maru" sign, but stops and cries.

Score: 9 / 10

When Seagulls Cry, 7/10
Great start, weird middle... I liked the moment when Butler asked to sign at the entrance to the "golden land" :)

Back